4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 160 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ulmpharmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

56614047.jpg

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 years ago

After watching my Dad deal with the last five days of his life, I now know what character and dignity truly are. Maybe some day I can have those too. I hope so. Cancer is a fucking ugly, nasty disease but my Dad laughed at it and told it to go to hell many times over the last six months. Dad would have been 88 yesterday. He had a great life. I'm going to miss him.

#2 4 years ago

Sry to hear that Bryan, truly.

#3 4 years ago

88 is a great run. Sounds like he made the most of it!
    Sorry for your loss Bryan.

#4 4 years ago

Sorry bro....my wife goes in for surgery next week..(thyroid cancer)...and her father is on his way out from it....people ask how I don't believe in God...well there you go...what kind of sick bast would make people suffer like that...if you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to PM me....the worst part of all of it is there is nothing you can do for them but be strong and make them as comfy as possible...........Joey

#5 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Bryan. My condolences.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He had a great life.

All any of us can ask for. Sorry for your loss.

#8 4 years ago

Everything ya need to know about Cancer is here....don't listen to your doctors they'll just attack you with the 3 big C's which ultimately causes more cancer in the body! I highly recommend purchasing their video's it's inspring, educational and uplifting on how to treat people with cancer! It goes against modern medicine but these are doctors who have come out and spoken against the big pharma and drug companies. Just follow the money trail!

G'luck and God Bless!

http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/#

#9 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Bryan...glad you shared w us...mark

#10 4 years ago

I lost my Mom to cancer when she was 52.....I can empathize. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

#11 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#12 4 years ago

Very sorry for your loss, Bryan. May God comfort you and your family. I know it's hard.

#13 4 years ago

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Cancer is a fucking ugly, nasty disease

Yep that's very true ! We lost my mother in law / my wifes mom this year in January to pancreatic cancer she was 65.

56614047.jpg

#15 4 years ago

Sounds like he had a full life. Sorry for your loss Bryan , my condolences.

#16 4 years ago

My father is 81 now and him not being here is one of my greatest fears. By the way it sounds you feel about your Dad very similar to me. You will always have the great memories and everything he taught you about life and being a true man. I am so sorry for your loss.

C

#17 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad March 12. He was 78 and was a great man. Have a lot of respect for him. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#18 4 years ago

Sorry Bryan!! Cancer just plain sucks!!

#19 4 years ago

I lost my mother to cancer at 45..I feel your pain. Sorry for the loss of your father.

#20 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#21 4 years ago

FUCK CANCER!!!

Sorry for your loss Bryan. Sounds like your pops had a long full life and glad it only got him late in life.

#22 4 years ago

So sorry to hear, Bryan. A father/son bond is one of the strongest there is I think. I almost lost my dad earlier this year with a sudden onset of health issues (UTI, septicemia, the flu, pneumonia and a fungal infection) all at one time. He somehow made it through at 96 (doctors called it miraculous for anyone, much less at his age) but hasn't been able to walk since and is now in a nursing home from how much it weakened his body.

He's in good spirits and really enjoys our visits. I've been considering this time I have now as "borrowed time" and thankful for the opportunity to spend a little more time with him. At 31, and knowing there's not much time left it's hard, but I couldn't have asked for a better father. It sounds like you were blessed with a great one too.

#23 4 years ago

Sorry,Sorry,Sorry. That sums it all up. Keep your chin high and be tough for those around you,thats all you can do.

#24 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. I get what you mean my dad passed on November 13th. Of cancer and he never said he was sick or complained he said he was going to golf in the spring when this little bit of cancer goes away. He was 85.

#25 4 years ago

So sorry for your loss. You will be in our prayers.

#26 4 years ago

Never, ever easy for a good son to lose a good dad. Can't sneeze at damned near 88 to have him until, but there are never enough days. Sounds like he was a solid dude. Sorry for your loss.

#27 4 years ago

Bryan, sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

#28 4 years ago

#29 4 years ago

Sorry to hear this Bryan I lost my dad to cancer at 85 just this March it's incredibly hard my thoughts an prayers go out to you and your family.

#30 4 years ago

Bryan, I know ow you feel, and I'm sorry for you.

I lost my dad in 2002 at the age of 88 as well. His last few weeks were horrible as well.

I still think about him every day.

Joe

#31 4 years ago

I lost my dad to cancer Jan 9th this year at age 63. I can definately relate and feel your pain. I am sorry.

#32 4 years ago

Dang - sorry to hear of such a tragedy, Bryan. At least he is in a place now where cancer cannot follow. I hope for the best for you with the "recovery" time.

#33 4 years ago

Very sorry. Best wishes to you and yours.

#34 4 years ago

Sorry to hear about your dad. Not easy to deal, but you'll make it thru.

#35 4 years ago

So sad. Bryan you have a pinball community that are all here for you. Whenever you need to talk, laugh or just read nonsense for hrs on end. We are here.

#36 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Bryan. You and your family are in our prayers.

#37 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Bryan. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

#38 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Brian. My dad's 82 and has stomach cancer...... he can't eat much or drink much. He's really loosing weight and looks pretty frail. He's only got a short time left...... maybe only days.

QSS

#39 4 years ago

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Bryan. I miss my Dad every day. He made his 80th birthday before Cancer took him in November 2005. He will always be in your heart. My wife (and kids) gave me a counted cross-stitch picture for Father's Day when the kids were little. It says "A Father is Someone You Look Up To No Matter How Tall You Grow." I used that wording during my Dad's Eulogy and added, "we've always looked up to you Dad, we'll just have to look a little higher now." Deepest sympathy Bryan to you and to all who have lost or are losing people to this terrible disease.

#40 4 years ago

Deepest condolences and prayers Bryan.

#41 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss Bryan , Death is never easy no matter the age .

#42 4 years ago

My thoughts are with you and your family Bryan. I lost my father four years ago to kidney cancer. He is missed by his children and grandchildren everyday. You have my deepest sympathies.

#43 4 years ago

Brian sorry to hear about your Dad.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Sorry bro....my wife goes in for surgery next week..(thyroid cancer)...and her father is on his way out from it....people ask how I don't believe in God...well there you go...what kind of sick bast would make people suffer like that...if you ever need to talk please don't hesitate to PM me....the worst part of all of it is there is nothing you can do for them but be strong and make them as comfy as possible...........Joey

If you have religion in your life, I think that's wonderful. If you don't, I think that's wonderful too. Just remember, cancer doesn't give a shit one way or the other.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

Everything ya need to know about Cancer is here....don't listen to your doctors they'll just attack you with the 3 big C's which ultimately causes more cancer in the body! I highly recommend purchasing their video's it's inspring, educational and uplifting on how to treat people with cancer! It goes against modern medicine but these are doctors who have come out and spoken against the big pharma and drug companies. Just follow the money trail!
    G'luck and God Bless!
    http://thetruthaboutcancer.com/#

I've been trying to explain these principles to friends & family for years, most of them look @ you like your crazy. Great link, & some very interesting data here!

#46 4 years ago

Bryan, sorry for your loss. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. God Bless

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

After watching my Dad deal with the last five days of his life, I now know what character and dignity truly are. Maybe some day I can have those too. I hope so. Cancer is a fucking ugly, nasty disease but my Dad laughed at it and told it to go to hell many times over the last six months. Dad would have been 88 yesterday. He had a great life. I'm going to miss him.

Sorry to hear that Bryan, but look on the bright side you had him for a good long time. I lost my Dad in '69 when I was 16 so I have very few memories of him.

#48 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear of this Bryan.
    My condolences to you and your family.

#49 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss, Bryan.

#50 4 years ago

Very sorry to hear. I lost my Dad at 56 in 2008. It sucks. Hang in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.50
    $ 219.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 14.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 189.00
    $ 29.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside