(Topic ID: 295268)

Don't buy used from Automated services in CT! !

By Jasenwm

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EMpin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

Imo a game should be fully shopped before you sell it

Unless you've got that in writing, you bought those games as-is (and *way* overpaid, especially for the Stern). Yes, it would be nice if they shopped it out and replaced the burned out bulbs, but unless it's in the contract, they are under no obligation to do so. Let's be honest here... to fully strip the topside of a playfield, clean everything, add a couple of coats of wax to the playfield, etc, then reassemble is many hours of labor. Businesses don't want to spend the hundreds of dollars on labor that it costs to do all of this correctly, so they do the bare minimum to make the game functional, and move it along to its new home.

You didn't indicate it in your initial post-- have you reached out to them to give them the opportunity to make it right, or did you come straight here to complain?

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

No I just complained. Being used I wasn't too irritated the playfield was dirty I think the burnt out bulbs is what bothered me. Nonetheless I definitely learned on this experience

Bitching about a couple of burned out bulbs and a game not meeting your standards of cleanliness when you didn't even notify the vendor of your dissatisfaction and give him an opportunity to address your perceived problem says more about you than it does about him. Again, unless you got it in writing, you bought a machine as-is, where-is, and shouldn't have expected anything above and beyond that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-never-buy-from-this-dealer-again-?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.