(Topic ID: 295268)

Don't buy used from Automated services in CT! !

By Jasenwm

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EMpin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I don't think it was expecting a lot to have a dirty game cleaned and a few leds that were out replaced if it sold.

Quoted from Jasenwm:

and he says he will take care of it. I had this feeling that they were going to get delivered just the way they were. Come delivery day and yup, no decal on the pb, lights still put on the bop and both are still dirty

Anytime someone says they will take care of you, tell them that answer is not good enough.

I had an auto shop tell me that it would take care of me, and boy, did they ever take care of me.

Unless you have something on paper, don't trust a retailer. Never trust a retailer unless you have him pinned to the wall. Not all retailers are bad, but there are enough out there who are undercapitalized, behind on their rent, or whatever that they will say whatever they think you want to hear

You have what they want: Money. Make them EARN it.

#52 2 years ago

I've had some lack luster experience on the customer service end with them. I've boght two machines from them in my time, and once they help me get a ghosting playfield issue fixed quickly, so I wont shit all over them too badly. I will say, however, their prices suck and the way he talks on the phone makes it seem like you're bothering him when you try to give them money. Sorta oddballs.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I've had some lack luster experience on the customer service end with them. I've boghy two machines from them in my time, and once they help me get a ghosting playfield issue fixed quickly, so I wont shit all over them too badly. I will say, however, their prices suck and the way he talks on the phone makes it seem like you're bothering him when you try to give them money. Sorta oddballs.

Kind of how I felt on the phone with them the other week.

#54 2 years ago

How did you pay automated? Cash, check or credit card?

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Problem with the Stern PB drop target decal is that you have to buy a complete decal set just to get the one drop target decal or that's how it was when I had one.

Is that supposed to be a plausible excuse for Automated? If they said they would do it, then they buy the decal set and eat it.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

What made it great? That would help the reader.

large discount and free shipping for cash/wire payment. I live in TN and got both games in 2 days or less. Can't remember who he used for shipping, but it was super fast and he ships same day you pay if before a certain time. They actually answer their phone EVERY TIME I call is a huge plus in my book.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I've had some lack luster experience on the customer service end with them. I've boghy two machines from them in my time, and once they help me get a ghosting playfield issue fixed quickly, so I wont shit all over them too badly. I will say, however, their prices suck and the way he talks on the phone makes it seem like you're bothering him when you try to give them money. Sorta oddballs.

I’ve had the attitude on the phone as well. I finally had enough and said, “Jackass, you realize I’m about to drop 18K on two games? Kill the apathetic, tough-guy routine”. That got a laugh out of him.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I’ve had the attitude on the phone as well. I finally had enough and said, “Jackass, you realize I’m about to drop 18K on two games? Kill the apathetic, tough-guy routine”. That got a laugh out of him.

so weird. He has always been very nice and helpful with me.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

so weird. He has always been very nice and helpful with me.

I think it just depends on the day. I’ve bought all my nib games from him in the past.

#60 2 years ago

I can see why OP wasn't pleased given the statements that were made at the time of payment vs. condition of games when he received them. That said, step one for me would always be to go back to the seller and give them a chance to make things right before posting on Pinside. If this was an oversight maybe they'll fix it or give you a few bucks back to cover their error. And if they tell you to fuck off, you've got more juicy details to add to your Pinside rant.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

How did you pay automated? Cash, check or credit card?

Cash. He gave me a few hundred off because I asked and said I'm buying two machines. It just rubbed me the wrong way that they were basically delivered just as they were. They work no issues but the burnt out bulbs bothered me. I know it's not nib but 4k is a lot of money for anything. Just expected a little once over at the least

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think it just depends on the day. I’ve bought all my nib games from him in the past.

Everybody has a bad day. I get it.
    However, when I’m about to drop some serious cash you had better make me feel like I matter.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What is there to do with nib? It's new in the unopened box. You pay they give you the nib. I guess I just expected a little once over for spending a few thousand

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Everybody has a bad day. I get it.
    However, when I’m about to drop some serious cash you had better make me feel like I matter.

I'm waiting for someone to tell me 8900 isn't a lot because they paid 16 for there le wizard of Oz or something. Well with the bitch fest I just told you guy I just dropped 7600 on a jurassic park premium at game exchange out of CO. Pinballs are overpriced toys let's be real but to 99.9% of the population 1, 000 is a lot of money. I agree with you, I spent good money there and paid in cash. I expected a wipe down and have the same bulbs that were out when I played it replaced. Now I know

#65 2 years ago

Im at 11 games from Mike with all issues taken care of quickly if I have one. Kayla is my go to contact there she has gone out of her way for me a few times and Mike has always been very respectful even when grumpy and has even sorta talked me out of buying a game recently(LZ).

Mike never told the labor guys to do anything to your games if I had to guess Jason. That is my only issue ive ever had with Automated in general is they get there wires crossed being so busy or forget to follow through if you dont hound them sometimes.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

I'm waiting for someone to tell me 8900 isn't a lot because they paid 16 for there le wizard of Oz or something. Well with the bitch fest I just told you guy I just dropped 7600 on a jurassic park premium at game exchange out of CO. Pinballs are overpriced toys let's be real but to 99.9% of the population 1, 000 is a lot of money. I agree with you, I spent good money there and paid in cash. I expected a wipe down and have the same bulbs that were out when I played it replaced. Now I know

$8,900 is a boatload of money.
    On a lighter note, you will love the JP Premium. It’s a terrific game.

#67 2 years ago

I had a great experience with Mike on a NIB purchase. Pleasant to deal with - transaction was smooth and I'm very happy with the machine. I can understand why you're upset with the condition of your games - give them a call and see what they say. I have no issue with you posting about your experiences - not chasing someone up first to fix something is not a prerequisite to post here. It's been a balanced discussion and I appreciate learning from everyone's perspective.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I have purchased 2 NIB from them and they where the 2 best NIB transactions I have ever had. My experience with them has been amazing.

I bought from Mike and had an issue with a nib machine. It was handled quickly without issues. When I picked my game up he turned on showroom games and said feel free to play them. I did while they got my game out in lot. He was very nice and appreciated my business. Sorry you had issues.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

reminds me of when i paid thousands for a new paint job and they tried to give me a dirty car on delivery or 1500 for a new set of tires and they didnt even wipe off the dust and finger grease.best to pickup used machines cash on glass and you get what you see

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

What is there to do with nib? It's new in the unopened box. You pay they give you the nib. I guess I just expected a little once over for spending a few thousand

It’s the after sale support. Mostly not his fault it’s Stern. My ticket should have been submitted earlier. Like I said he was cool on other stuff. And the phone call two weeks ago an no reply to email about buying a game. Saved me 6k though. Lol.

#71 2 years ago

Distros really have to go out of their way to mess up NIB sales, not sure why its worth mentioning that NIB sales have been good when that should really just be a given. After the sale is another thing though. Buying used games is really where the rubber meets the road however.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Distros really have to go out of their way to mess up NIB sales, not sure why its worth mentioning that NIB sales have been good when that should really just be a given. After the sale is another thing though. Buying used games is really where the rubber meets the road however.

I was literally just about to post the same thing. Everybody's gushing about NIB sales like it's rocket science to take a card number over the phone and put the right address on the box. Sheesh...

I've been to Game Exchange and the showroom has a ton of used games for sale. They're all clean, shopped and fully functional. That's what you pay "retail" for. Sure, I chuckle at the prices because they're high, but J.J. told me it takes him about $1600 to get a game ready to sell.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I was literally just about to post the same thing. Everybody's gushing about NIB sales like it's rocket science to take a card number over the phone and put the right address on the box. Sheesh...
    I've been to Game Exchange and the showroom has a ton of used games for sale. They're all clean, shopped and fully functional. That's what you pay "retail" for. Sure, I chuckle at the prices because they're high, but J.J. told me it takes him about $1600 to get a game ready to sell.

When I bought nib from my distro, he removed the game out of the box for me to play/evaluate before spending a dime. Game was also delivered and setup for reasonable fee. To me that had value back when I was not very experienced. I've heard stories of how good/bad some retailers are at helping with issues after purchase. There is definitely more to the nib purchase than just taking a credit card but point taken.

$1600 sounds like a lot to get an average game playable unless you are really doing it up. Still, retailers bills to pay and labor costs.

#74 2 years ago

here's the bottom line.. if you want to feel like a retail customer, buy from a retailer. if you want to feel like a hobbyist/enthusiast, buy from a fellow collector. both options are always at your disposal. you learned the hard way. lick your wounds and move on with your new-found lesson. but with this post, you're not telling anyone anything they don't already know.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jasenwm:

It's like grocery stores charging 10 cents to bag the products you buy from them. That to me is the cost of doing business which I refuse to pay.

is no one going to talk about the guy who overpays by $2500 for pinball machines but won't pay TEN CENTS for grocery bagging? i get the feeling he doesn't return his cart either.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i get the feeling he doesn't return his cart either.

Kids get paid to retrieve the carts. I'm not going to put anyone out of work.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

As I stated, I picked up my NIB pin from Automated and they hand trucked it to my car and helped me load it. Mike gave me a cash transaction discount in-person. Easy transaction and that was appreciated.

#78 2 years ago

I’ve bought and traded games with Automated. They are the best hands down. Love Mike and Kayla!

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Kids get paid to retrieve the carts. I'm not going to put anyone out of work.

looking forward to seeing you on cart narcs

4 months later
    #80 2 years ago

I bought a #Walking Dead floor model/used pin from Mike @Automated Services about 2 weeks ago. My communication with both Beckey and Mike before, during and after the sale was outstanding. He kept his word on everything. I live in VA and drove up to CT to get it. They wrapped and loaded the machine for me like it was their own. Made sure that it didn’t move an inch and was protected for the ride.
    It rained in every state on the way home and the pin never got wet.

Loved their service!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-never-buy-from-this-dealer-again-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.