(Topic ID: 254031)

"I'LL BE BACK" Terminator returning in the future?

By kingpin24

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD109699-08C3-4DEE-A9B5-D65700EAC46B (resized).jpeg
252cd728d61327eeb8af9d1fdc0b4c54 (resized).jpg
20191102_131516 (resized).jpg
SC today.jpg
SC in 80's.png
Genisys Box Office (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I can't help to let my mind wonder after listening to the pinball expo Elvira's house of horrors interview with the lovely Cassandra Peterson and how they came up with the Idea for the pin. Apparently Lyman was wanting to do a haunted house themed pin for some time and that's when they asked him if he wanted to do it with Elvira and the rest is history. What I also caught from that interview was they talked about doing possibly a "robot" type of pin. Now I know this could go several different ways but with the recent new releases of black knight, Jurassic park, Elvira to complete a trilogy and even Another Star Wars pin a couple years ago I can't help to think that maybe a 3rd Terminator is being discussed. If they skipped the past movies and named the pin THE TERMINATOR and focused primarily on the first couple of films even make it to where you are part of the action like in sterns Jurassic park with modern software man that pin could be pretty desirable

#2 4 years ago

Personally, I think a new Terminator pin would be great!

#3 4 years ago

I love the terminator series.....but.....I think we’ve been there and done that. I’d be more excited about a stern aliens. Odds of that are pretty low though.

#4 4 years ago

Terminator would be a good pin. But since the topic of robots.......Short Circuit Pin?

#5 4 years ago

I think a Terminator pin based on the first movie could be awesome and would complete the trilogy nicely.

#6 4 years ago

Terminator franchise been running on diminishing fumes for almost 30 years. Interest has never been lower. Highly doubt the new movie does anything to reverse that trend.

Don’t see it happening. World has enough terminator pinball machines.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think a Terminator pin based on the first movie could be awesome and would complete the trilogy nicely.

Exactly.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Terminator franchise been running on diminishing fumes for almost 30 years. Interest has never been lower. Highly doubt the new movie does anything to reverse that trend.
Don’t see it happening. World has enough terminator pinball machines.

Same could be said about the jurassic world movies but hey that didnt stop the stern release

#9 4 years ago

hope not, let it R.I.P

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes. With comic book style art and a nice mix of animation/real clips from the film and no custom call outs, all original quotes. Uzi 9mm mode. Every target hit causes this.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpin24:

Same could be said about the jurassic world movies but hey that didnt stop the stern release

No the same could not be said about that. The Jurassic movies Continue to destroy at the box office while each terminator movie does worse than the last. You clearly have not been paying attention.

The last one - the awful genesis, genyss, whatever - didn’t even sniff $100 million in the US.

#13 4 years ago

Only in a rerun.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No the same could not be said about that. The Jurassic movies Continue to destroy at the box office while each terminator movie does worse than the last. You clearly have not been paying attention.

The last one - the awful genesis, genyss, whatever - didn’t even sniff $100 million in the US.

Actually, the last movie did very well. It just didn't do so great at the domestic box office. Globally, it took in over $440M ...

Genisys Box Office (resized).pngGenisys Box Office (resized).png
#15 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Actually, the last movie did very well. It just didn't do so great at the domestic box office. Globally, it took in over $440M ...[quoted image]

Yeah it did so well Paramount cancelled the planned sequels. Paramount just doesn't like making money for some reason.

Stern doesn't care about how movies do in China.

Do you really think Terminator is on Stern's radar? I just don't see it.

#16 4 years ago

Stern likes to rehash old popular themes so I could see them one day reproducing a Terminator machine just because it may be a popular pop culture theme that many would gravitate to. If Stern was only looks at the box office then they would make a Lion King or Aladdin pinball machine but we all know that ain’t happening. That being said I do agree that there are probably a number of other themes that are way higher priority for Stern at this time and the new Terminator unless it is hugely popular and brings more excitement back into the franchise will probably never be made.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn't mind 3 so much but yeah its finished. Like so many films now a days they are trying to hard to appease the PC culture out there and it will fail. The new one looks terrible and I didn't even watch Genesis. Sw's and Batwoman etc. etc. I'll take Terminator thank you very much. Oh and The Running man, seems made for Pinball. Modes that lead to a mini wizard featuring each gladiator, sounds good to me. This would be a great attraction clip.

#20 4 years ago

Not too happy that an important character dies in this film.

#21 4 years ago

Would love to see a new Terminator Pin! So much potential.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't mind 3 so much but yeah its finished. Like so many films now a days they are trying to hard to appease the PC culture out there and it will fail. The new one looks terrible and I didn't even watch Genesis. Sw's and Batwoman etc. etc. I'll take Terminator thank you very much. Oh and The Running man, seems made for Pinball. Modes that lead to a mini wizard featuring each gladiator, sounds good to me. This would be a great attraction clip.

I love how we are never far off from a PC rant. They just come out of nowhere, like a terminator from the future!

#23 4 years ago

I am not feeling this one. The original actors and actresses are starting to show their age. Need a little CGI. Netflix just did a series The Irishman with CGI and made Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro look like they were in their prime. If we are going to bring back older actors and actresses using CGI, I suggest one more Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford. He could possibly have Chris Pratt play his apprentice and lead to foreshadowing of the direction the franchise will take.

Terminator is done-stick a fork in it.

-I will not be back!
SC in 80's.pngSC in 80's.pngSC today.jpgSC today.jpg

#24 4 years ago

I don’t think we need another terminator pinball machine. However, if we have a talented artist can recreate a pinball translite (Dark fate) and the playfield art for T3 that would be great.

1 week later
#25 4 years ago

Terminator flops again at the Box office, will probably do worse than the last one which is what has happened for every one since T3.

It's a shame too, as I found this movie really entertaining and a quality action film, much better than any of the last few. Everybody in the theater seemed to like it too.

But at this point the series has been so bad for so long that it's just not ever coming back. I would guess interest in this as a pinball license would be at an all time low.

#26 4 years ago

I would think Pacific Rim could make for a nice pin.

Robots, space creatures, etc.

Agreed, Terminator used to be great, but it's time has passed. No milk left in the cow.

https://images.app.goo.gl/oU1BkDivfgbCiFAe8

#27 4 years ago

Saw a prototype at WS auction Saturday. Seems cgc is making the new terminator, they reused an AFM cab.

20191102_131516 (resized).jpg20191102_131516 (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a shame too, as I found this movie really entertaining and a quality action film, much better than any of the last few. Everybody in the theater seemed to like it too.

I agree, really enjoyed this one!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Saw a prototype at WS auction Saturday. Seems cgc is making the new terminator, they reused an AFM cab.[quoted image]

That’s just bizarre.

Also looks like the terminators lunch is underneath the game.

#30 4 years ago

Thought the movie was great! Even my wife enjoyed it!

#31 4 years ago

Terminator 2 isnt just the best terminator movie it's one of the best scifi action movies of all time. It raised the bar so high they could make 20 more terminator movies and none of them would even come close. The excessive CGI needs to stop and get back to make-up and mechanical robots with miniature models with explosives the best movies ever made used all of that and they still hold up today

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpin24:

Terminator 2 isnt just the best terminator movie it's one of the best scifi action movies of all time. It raised the bar so high they could make 20 more terminator movies and none of them would even come close. The excessive CGI needs to stop and get back to make-up and mechanical robots with miniature models with explosives the best movies ever made used all of that and they still hold up today

Wouldn’t that be awesome. The last 20 years of CGI have shut down most of the special effects studios unfortunately. There aren’t that many people left who know how to build stuff like the original Terminator. Stan Winston is gone, Rick Baker retired from Hollywood with a giant middle finger extended (also he’s 70), Rambaldi is long gone, even KNB doesn’t have the work to justify hiring mechanical designers. We can all thank the studio stuffed shirts who kept budgeting movies with practical effects and then entirely replacing them with CGI, wasting millions of dollars and making crap movies. (See the 2011 remake of The Thing, Tron: Legacy, etc)

#33 4 years ago

It would be nice to blame CgI but it’s the scripts - not the FX - that have let the last 25 years of terminator movies down. The first Terminator had plenty of terrible FX (Arnold's rubber head and the bad stop motion/rear projection) but it doesn't matter, still an awesome movie.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Stan Winston is gone

Stan winston the heart and soul behind Everything cool RIP

#35 4 years ago

With two Terminator pinball machines already in the books, I'm hoping they can get with Linda Hamilton so we can finally get that King's Crossing pinball machine.

252cd728d61327eeb8af9d1fdc0b4c54 (resized).jpg252cd728d61327eeb8af9d1fdc0b4c54 (resized).jpg
#36 4 years ago

I’m hoping a “Robot” pin means Evil Bill and Ted.

CD109699-08C3-4DEE-A9B5-D65700EAC46B (resized).jpegCD109699-08C3-4DEE-A9B5-D65700EAC46B (resized).jpeg
#37 4 years ago

Sadly with $ 29 million domestic opening weekend and a $185 million budget not including marketing , not looking good....

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Sadly with $ 29 million domestic opening weekend and a $185 million budget not including marketing , not looking good....

Cumulative worldwide so far: $129,079,887.

#39 4 years ago

Hollywood insiders have already stated the franchise is dead, the numbers are dismal.

#40 4 years ago

I want a bob lazar pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ll-be-back-terminator-returning-in-the-future?hl=snowy_owl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.