(Topic ID: 252011)

I Know The Pieces Fit- Becoming Like A Tool...

By Azmodeus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

I have been listening to tool since thier first album. Next month I see them for the first time at day 3 aftershock festival. It's been a long wait.

I know the pieces fit, I saw them fall away...

New tool is here.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Hope to see you at PAGG ,AZ,hope your feeling better!!!

#3 4 years ago

So what do you think of the new cd?

#4 4 years ago

I’m really enjoying the new album, pretty much all I’ve listened too since it released. Going to see them in DC in November. Haven’t seen them since 2002.

#5 4 years ago

I am not getting into myself. All I "hear, read and see on tv" is how great it is but it's not growing on me.
    Tool is my all time favorite band, so I can't believe how I feel about this album. It's just same tempo through out and not very clever melodies like we are used to.
    I put it away for a few weeks and will revisit it at a later date to hopefully enjoy it more

Edit- love the avatar, Clutch is my next favorite

#6 4 years ago

Won’t argue with you. Definitely not their best, but I still enjoy it.

Yeah love me some Clutch haha.

#7 4 years ago

I will get me some clutch.

I am enjoying the new album. I think we could use a couple more good bands like tool...

2 weeks later
    #8 4 years ago

This weekend. My first tool concert will be this!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #9 4 years ago

Possible pin a go go stop too. I think it's 20 mins away.

#10 4 years ago

I've seen TOOL seven times. The earliest was in '98 - back when Maynard wasn't afraid to be seen. The most recent time was '07. I used to be a HUGE tool fan, but IMHO they've passed their prime.

#11 4 years ago

I've seen them a handful of times, first with Lollapalooza in 96 then Ozzfest in 98. Maynard definitely can't hit the notes like he used to, at least not when he's doing show after show. I really think that's why his vocals on the current album sound like they do. They're good, but he just doesn't belt it out like he used to. But being in his 50's, that makes sense. There's nothing worse than seeing a band live and the singer can barely sing their own songs.

Danny Carey is an absolute monster on drums, it really comes out on Chocolate Chip Trip.

I don't think there's a band out there that can compete on a technical level with Tool with the complexity of what they do.

Funny.... Last time that I saw Tool and Korn together, Snoop Dogg was in the same lineup.

#12 4 years ago

I saw them for the Undertow tour, not sure the year but was one of the best shows ever! No tv screens, just Maynard being crazy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-know-the-pieces-fit-becoming-like-a-tool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.