6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 97 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

401A1FA9-42C4-4DAC-94AA-93B5F3E21385 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
6BD43CC8-D478-4756-982D-5641E8A6C168 (resized).jpeg
D1BA358D-AA1C-4F3E-9EF7-AB1757231B15 (resized).jpeg
LegoSale (resized).jpg
86285362-BF05-4D10-8269-44872A924354 (resized).jpeg
20200108_142431.jpg
IMG_20200106_171822 (resized).jpg
LegoWall (resized).jpg
lego (resized).jpeg
IMG_5669 (resized).jpg
IMG_5655 (resized).jpg
IMG_5656 (resized).jpg
IMG_5658 (resized).jpg
IMG_5660 (resized).jpg
IMG_5663 (resized).jpg

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh yeah, I got a few of those too! Ha. Anyone need anything? I sold a bunch at Christmas, the problem is, I can't help buying a bunch when they're on sale and/or if they're too cool to resist. Had to have that Flintstones one. I really liked the LoTR sets, have the whole series, including Tower of Orthanc.
[quoted image]

Wow, you are not collecting...it looks more like you are running a business!

#102 6 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh yeah, I got a few of those too! Ha. Anyone need anything? I sold a bunch at Christmas, the problem is, I can't help buying a bunch when they're on sale and/or if they're too cool to resist. Had to have that Flintstones one. I really liked the LoTR sets, have the whole series, including Tower of Orthanc.
[quoted image]

Addict!

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

[quoted image]

Do you have the old fishing store? #21310. I’ll be a buyer if the price is right

#104 6 months ago

My kids have all of mine from the 80s and then all of theirs from the past 10 years. The room is full.

IMG_20200106_171822 (resized).jpg
#105 6 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It was more fun then. You'd build something, break it down and build something again...and again. Now it's buy a kit, build following directions and never touch it again.

That's not true, at least for me and my family. We have way too many sets to display them all, so we have 5 very large totes full of loose bricks from all the torn apart sets. We routinely dump a tote on the den floor and play for a few hours making space ships and houses and stuff.

#106 6 months ago

Lol, saw this on Slickdeals, and bought it, um, for my daughter, yea, not for me

This looks like a fun challenge for my next build:

20200108_142431.jpg
#107 6 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The black shelves; details please. I’m looking for something like that to put the modular buildings on.
Please and thanks.

Just standard shelving from Home Depot. It's all modular. Screw the verticals into the wall and position the brackets as needed. The shelves come in lengths of 2', 3', and 4'.

#108 6 months ago

Awesome to build with my son. We have built the Death Star together, Voltron and many other sets.

He is six and it is is impressive that he can basically build the sets by himself.

Currently working with him on the roller coaster.

I built the millennium Falcon by myself last year. I find it relaxing. I basically crunch numbers and deal with people’s crap for a living, so it is nice to do something with my hands and just relax.

86285362-BF05-4D10-8269-44872A924354 (resized).jpeg
#109 6 months ago

Also at our vacation home I have the Death Star and the Disney Castle my wife made on rotating displays on top of our kitchen cabinets. I have LEDs lighting them up as well. It is pretty cool.

#110 6 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I built the millennium Falcon by myself last year. I find it relaxing. I basically crunch numbers and deal with people’s crap for a living, so it is nice to do something with my hands and just relax.

I agree, and I often describe Lego as my version of therapy. At work, and in life in general, you are faced with a never ending stream of decisions to make - it’s nice to occasionally just sit down and follow instructions without having to think too much.

#111 6 months ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's not true, at least for me and my family. We have way too many sets to display them all, so we have 5 very large totes full of loose bricks from all the torn apart sets. We routinely dump a tote on the den floor and play for a few hours making space ships and houses and stuff.

+1 for this...… freestyling! Hours of enjoyment!

#112 6 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Wow, you are not collecting...it looks more like you are running a business!

Both partly true! I sell a lot, but at this Festival for World Relief charity fund raiser. That way I can justify buying more and say it's for a good cause! LOL!

I buy a ton of Hot Wheels too, I can't resist when they hit 0.50 or less... they're also a big seller at the fund raiser: kids love my table.

LegoSale (resized).jpg

Quoted from JayDee:

Do you have the old fishing store? #21310. I’ll be a buyer if the price is right

Don't have that one. Looks cool.

#113 6 months ago

I have a huge space Lego collection. Basically a complete space collection from Insectoids back. Unfortunately no good place to display, so thinking of selling. Would trade for the right pin (ideally Oktoberfest) if anybody is interested.

#114 6 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Those appear to be just standard slotted channel iron and shelving from Home Depot/Lowes etc. Different length supports are available for different width shelving. For our mad scientist lab I bought and stained some wood a dark brown. I like how he has the different elevations -
Since these don't weigh a ton, floating shelves would be an option too - they come in all different lengths and colors - we have a few in the game room bathroom.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is that interesting lit rack to the left of Cassandra ?

#115 6 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It wasn't too bad. I ordered a set from eBay that was listed as "incomplete" but seemed to have most of the larger pieces. I want to say it was $75. I sorted everything and placed and then placed a few orders from Bricklink to make it complete. I am still missing some of the authentic sails, but I was able to buy some matching fabric to create my own set.

I'm thinking of the black seas barracuda, few hundred dollars at least for those I thought. 75 sounds like a sweet deal.

#116 6 months ago

I just ordered the Saturn 5.

#117 6 months ago

Got a pic of my VW bus, that one took a bit of effort. The VW and Tron cycles are the only two that are mine, but there are tons of others around here, including the Yellow Submarine and Beatles here.

D1BA358D-AA1C-4F3E-9EF7-AB1757231B15 (resized).jpeg

#118 6 months ago

My son wants to build this while we are at home since the roller coaster is at our vacation home.

6BD43CC8-D478-4756-982D-5641E8A6C168 (resized).jpeg
#119 6 months ago

Double post

#120 6 months ago

I was in Walmart yesterday, and noticed some Christmas sets scattered around. City Advent Calendar was $15. There were other sets half price too: some Lego Movie ones. These aren't marked: need to price check.

#121 6 months ago

Our "ship" in a bottle.

pasted_image (resized).png
#122 6 months ago

The ship in a bottle was designed by a local guy here in my area

#123 5 months ago

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/01/16/legos-toys-for-stressed-adults/

LOL The story is good about the "no S" thing, but an S snuck into the URL!

#124 5 months ago

You can thank Google and the FTC for destroying over half the Lego YouTube channels through 6 years of COPPA violations.

#125 5 months ago

I got a shelf.

401A1FA9-42C4-4DAC-94AA-93B5F3E21385 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 8,000.00
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 159.99
$ 1,248.00
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside