Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wcbrandes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

It was innocent enough. I was just trying to get Total Annihilation. I was playing AFM at a local pizza place. Then a huge CRASH!!

Someone put a projector on top of the backbox.

It wasn't my fault but I texted the owner, anyway. Ugh. And I'm running a tournament there in a couple weeks. It just wouldn't work to leave the matter hanging in the air and any potential bitterness.

I hate to say it, but it felt slightly good in a rockstar-smashing-his-guitar sorta way. And I did get high score.

#2 10 years ago

Wow, who would place a video projector on top of something that by its very nature gets shaken and pushed around by a bunch of random on a daily basis?

The guy must not be in to pinball at all. Surely it wasn't the rout owner but a third party?

#3 10 years ago

The real question was afm hurt?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

LOL, we know we are pinheads when we ask about if the machine was injured before asking if the person was injured. Since he got the high score I'm assuming OP played through the pain if the projector smacked him.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

That's what the OP asked me.

#6 10 years ago

Aren't video projectors obsolete anyway? Why would anybody store heavy useless junk on top of a pinball machine? It takes all kinds. Glad you were able to get the high score. Sorry if it interfered with your quest for Total Annihilation.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why would anybody store heavy useless junk on top of a pinball machine?

The first thing that came to my mind was " a pinball machine stored on top of another pinball machine"....

#9 10 years ago

If that thing were showing sth. like super bowl the crowd would have annihilated you .

#10 10 years ago

Damn aliens always breaking stuff.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

I hate to say it, but it felt slightly good in a rockstar-smashing-his-guitar sorta way.

Well, did it prove our resident mythbusters theory about un-breakable glass?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-killed-a-video-projector-playing-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.