(Topic ID: 107045)

I keep checking the PPS forum hoping to see that thread that says.....

By mrclean

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pablito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I have been one of the most vocal critics of Rick's communication, but give the man a break. It's clear the game is close and something has started on the line, but at this point any "it's real soon" announcements do more harm than good. I'm sure Rick has an announcement all ready to go and can't wait to release it, but he would be foolish to do so until the UL approval is in place and actual production games are on the line (or better yet, in boxes ready to ship).

It is in PPS's best interest to get MMR out ASAP, as the delays have not only been frustrating for those waiting for MMR, but for PPS as well.

As for a special bonus for ordering MMR plus additional remakes - really? Maybe you'll get a couple of coin mechs, but why would anyone care? Maybe you get to keep your LE number or there is some small discount on Invisiglass or parts, but I think it's unrealistic to expect anything substantive (like $x off each title).

#14 9 years ago

It seems highly unlikely that many (if any) will see their games by Christmas. Maybe you get lucky if you ordered whatever trim they run first. Just not enough days to factor in remaining parts order, setting up the playfield line, running the games, Thanksgiving/Christmas vacations.

And remember, there is an additional step in the PPS process where the games will be sent to CG for final inspection before shipping out to the distributors and then the customers. I think it's a pretty safe bt that most MMR customers are going to be setting up their games after the new year.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I hope your wrong.

I'm sure a lot of people do. I'd like to be wrong in this case, but the math just doesn't add up.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Plus, Rick's proven time and time again with MMr that he'd rather wait and get it right than rush it out the door just to have product in customers' hands.

If MMR isn't close to perfect, any future titles on the platform are pretty much DOA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-keep-checking-the-pps-forum-hoping-to-see-that-thread-that-says?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.