New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 107045)

I keep checking the PPS forum hoping to see that thread that says.....

By mrclean

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pablito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

As Tom Petty said..."The waiting is the hardest part...." PPS has been giving weekly updates about MMRLE, I keep hitting the refresh button in hopes to see the games are in production thread. Although I'm sure pinside will generate lots of posts once word gets out (even Rick said he would post such major announcement also on pinside). I think to my knowledge PPS / Rick initially announced the Medieval Madness almost exactly a year ago to the day / yesterday . I thought for sure I was going to see that thread posted the other day at the 1 year since the MMRLE announcement anniversary.

I'm also curious as to what the specific special bonus he claimed he was going to offer to those who are in on MMRLE for the 2nd / 3rd title albeit AFMR or MBR. I'm still speculating those titles either 1 or both announced at the same time would be perfect as a Halloween announcement. Perhaps he's looking to coincide the announcement with MMRLE's going into production along with the next title release... If that's the case I would venture a guess a week from Friday Oct. 31st is what he's waiting for, especially if no other updates are posted on PPS forum this week.

I'm sure by now UL testing has gotta be finished. Also a hint at least to me was that someone posted a video of the Stern factory tour from about 3-5 days ago, and at the end of the video the guy giving the tour said... You have good timing, because as of tomorrow no video cameras are aloud...i.e. Medieval Madness. In fact In the video you can see several Medieval Madness Remake cabinets / parts on Sterns floor. We all saw the leaked photo of the cabinets lined up like kings men preparing to go into battle.

#2 6 years ago

Rick has said that he will not officially announce until the next remake is in/close to production. Of course he could change his stance, but I don't see him doing it anytime soon.

As far as UL, it looks close according to the 10/13 update. If it was indeed finished I think we would be hearing a lot about it.

#3 6 years ago

These are being built by Stern?

Think Stern may make their own games (TWD) before they make games contracted by others

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

These are being built by Stern?

Stern is acting as a contractor - building the machines for PPS. I heard someone who attended the Stern tour at Expo say that MMR, TWD and IMVE were all on the production line.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Stern is acting as a contractor - building the machines for PPS. I heard someone who attended the Stern tour at Expo say that MMR, TWD and IMVE were all on the production line.

Yep, confirmed

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

I heard someone who attended the Stern tour at Expo say that MMR, TWD and IMVE were all on the production line.

Quoted from mrclean:

We all saw the leaked photo of the cabinets lined up like kings men preparing to go into battle.

Probably just for show... you don't really think PPS would have nothing at all for people to see while on the Stern tour do you?

I wouldn't expect them at your door until early 2015 but who knows.

#7 6 years ago

I have been one of the most vocal critics of Rick's communication, but give the man a break. It's clear the game is close and something has started on the line, but at this point any "it's real soon" announcements do more harm than good. I'm sure Rick has an announcement all ready to go and can't wait to release it, but he would be foolish to do so until the UL approval is in place and actual production games are on the line (or better yet, in boxes ready to ship).

It is in PPS's best interest to get MMR out ASAP, as the delays have not only been frustrating for those waiting for MMR, but for PPS as well.

As for a special bonus for ordering MMR plus additional remakes - really? Maybe you'll get a couple of coin mechs, but why would anyone care? Maybe you get to keep your LE number or there is some small discount on Invisiglass or parts, but I think it's unrealistic to expect anything substantive (like $x off each title).

#8 6 years ago

Once they pass UL, production is 2-3 weeks away. From what I understand, UL is the last hurdle everything else is ready to go. They just can't order certain parts until they pass UL, hence the 2-3 weeks to stock.

Quoted from mrclean:

I'm sure by now UL testing has gotta be finished.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

There was really only TWD actively running on the line. I didn't see any IM.

They were setting up the MMR on the second line (that wasn't in use at last years tour, I don't think). They had several work cells setup and labelled. They had assembled a few production prototypes -- but it wasn't "in production" on the line. They're waiting for the full UL approval before dropping the flag on the start, in case anything changes.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Once they pass UL, production is 2-3 weeks away. From what I understand, UL is the last hurdle everything else is ready to go. They just can't order certain parts until they pass UL, hence the 2-3 weeks to stock.

Correct. I would Say a Month to be safe but once UL Signs off they can order Transformers and other UL held up Items.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Probably just for show... you don't really think PPS would have nothing at all for people to see while on the Stern tour do you?
    I wouldn't expect them at your door until early 2015 but who knows.

So your saying those cabs / various parts from PPS during the Stern tour at expo were purposely staged to generate more buzz as opposed to actually being close to being pumped out ? Perhaps, and I hope I get my game before years end. I spoke to Rick in July and specifically asked if I would have the game before Christmas ... He laughed and said absolutely. Time will tell. Personally I agree that he or any other company shouldn't announce another title prior to the first game shipping. Certainly lots of great other various games are on the horizon, but this is certainly a proven title that's generated plenty of for the most part unbiased positive feedback.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

So your saying those cabs / various parts from PPS during the Stern tour at expo were purposely staged to generate more buzz as opposed to actually being close to being pumped out ?

No, not exactly. I just think it was important for them to have 'something' seen during the factory tour no matter how close they are to going into production or else it would have stirred a bigger hornets nest.

#14 6 years ago

It seems highly unlikely that many (if any) will see their games by Christmas. Maybe you get lucky if you ordered whatever trim they run first. Just not enough days to factor in remaining parts order, setting up the playfield line, running the games, Thanksgiving/Christmas vacations.

And remember, there is an additional step in the PPS process where the games will be sent to CG for final inspection before shipping out to the distributors and then the customers. I think it's a pretty safe bt that most MMR customers are going to be setting up their games after the new year.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

It seems highly unlikely that many (if any) will see their games by Christmas. Maybe you get lucky if you ordered whatever trim they run first. Just not enough days to factor in remaining parts order, setting up the playfield line, running the games, Thanksgiving/Christmas vacations.
    And remember, there is an additional step in the PPS process where the games will be sent to CG for final inspection before shipping out to the distributors and then the customers. I think it's a pretty safe bt that most MMR customers are going to be setting up their games after the new year.

I hope your wrong.

#16 6 years ago

Screw MMr. I want to see him announce that the BOP playfields are finally done and for sale

Although I would love to have a MMr too....

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I hope your wrong.

I'm sure a lot of people do. I'd like to be wrong in this case, but the math just doesn't add up.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I'm sure a lot of people do. I'd like to be wrong in this case, but the math just doesn't add up.

Plus, Rick's proven time and time again with MMr that he'd rather wait and get it right than rush it out the door just to have product in customers' hands.

Sad that he has to wait for UL "approval". They're a crock of s#!t. Their "wand-waving" approvals mean diddly squat as to the true safety and viability of a product. I used to work in the RV industry and we used plenty of "UL Listed" products that still broke, failed, fried, and/or caused fires in our customers' vehicles. The RVIA was finally starting to catch on after a few years and started requiring their own checks and tests on "UL Approved" stuff.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Their "wand-waving" approvals mean diddly squat as to the true safety and viability of a product. I used to work in the RV industry and we used plenty of "UL Listed" products that still broke, failed, fried, and/or caused fires in our customers' vehicles. The RVIA was finally starting to catch on after a few years and started requiring their own checks and tests on "UL Approved" stuff.

It may just be a play on words but if we are waiting for an "UL Approval" we are in for a long wait as UL only lists items and does not approve them.
    References to UL Listing

Sample correct references

“UL Listed” or “UL Listed to Canadian safety standards.” “This product is Listed to applicable UL Standards and requirements by UL.” “This product has earned the UL Listing Mark.”
    “This product is Listed by UL. Representative samples of this product have been evaluated by UL and meet applicable safety standards.” “UL Listing pending

Incorrect references

“UL Approved” or “UL Approved for Canada.”

#20 6 years ago

Who cares about "UL approved"! If your house burns down that's why you have homeowner's insurance

I wonder how SkitB is doing with this pain in ass issue? Did Spooky get their certification? Don't forget to pay your premiums.

#21 6 years ago

UL provides a possibility to search certification directory online. I was able to find Stern and even Chicago gaming company but for a different products. Not sure how up to date this is but I'm surprised only stern was listed. Hopefully PPS or CGC appears here soon, even UL states the process takes about 6 weeks but sure feels like it's been longer. It's hard to be patient, but I'm still fully committed and looking forward to start of production and deliveries

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Plus, Rick's proven time and time again with MMr that he'd rather wait and get it right than rush it out the door just to have product in customers' hands.

If MMR isn't close to perfect, any future titles on the platform are pretty much DOA.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It's hard to be patient, but I'm still fully committed and looking forward to start of production and deliveries

Without a doubt agree... I really obviously want it to be as perfect as possible, but yet I reallllly wanted it yesterday. I don't think I'm personally ever pre-ordering a game prior to it being in production.

Quoted from jfh:

If MMR isn't close to perfect, any future titles on the platform are pretty much DOA.

I agree with this comment as well and I'm sure that's ultimately part of the actual delay...Not just the UL stuff. To me it seems great thus far. Haters gonna hate (aka *most* current owners of MM), but I'd still rather MM owners point out any variances between MM & MMRLE, and have Rick / PPS fix them now.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I agree with this comment as well and I'm sure that's ultimately part of the actual delay...Not just the UL stuff. To me it seems great thus far. Haters gonna hate (aka *most* current owners of MM), but I'd still rather MM owners point out any variances between MM & MMRLE, and have Rick / PPS fix them now.

Well said. At first it annoyed me hearing all of the negative comments about my future MM. But then I realized that all this nit picking and scrutiny over art (centered start button), castle sequence (weird at first, now good), trim (got black as an option because of all the gold complaints), and flipper strength (got adjustable dial) is hopefully going to lead to a really well made replica of MM that plays and looks like the original. So now we just need a few more complaints about screen tearing and translite quality and we should be home free.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito:

So now we just need a few more complaints about screen tearing and translite quality and we should be home free.

I thought that a surprise when shipped was going to be a multi colored DMD, (not just monochrome) and you wouldn't need to wait for a code update, to have the animations multi colored. I understand this will eventually be provided but I would imagine with the game being delayed this might now be even more of a possibility at launch. The translites won't they have adjustable LED lighting on the back box to help enhance the colors ?!

#26 6 years ago

Rick did just update the PPS forum update thread today... basically nothing I already knew about.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I thought that a surprise when shipped was going to be a multi colored DMD, (not just monochrome) and you wouldn't need to wait for a code update, to have the animations multi colored. I understand this will eventually be provided but I would imagine with the game being delayed this might now be even more of a possibility at launch. The translites won't they have adjustable LED lighting on the back box to help enhance the colors ?!

I doubt we're going to get multi-colored display when it launches. I actually don't mind a little bit of a wait on it either. It will be a nice upgrade and freshen up the game after a few months of owning it. As for the translite, it sounds like the colors aren't as vivid as they could be and the images not as sharp. Maybe that will change by production start, maybe it won't. I sure hope it does.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    € 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 13.00
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside