(Topic ID: 54981)

I just won a HUO Metallica LE on eBay for $7500. Help so I do not get screwed.

By Pinballpal

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mando
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I just won a HUO Metallica LE on eBay for $7500 plus shipping. Here is the link to the completed sale.

ebay.com link: itm

Does any buddy know this seller? I am pretty sure I am going to set shipping up with NAVL is that a good choice? Also I know PayPal and eBay have purchasesure insurance setup but how good is it really? Did any buddy get screwed on eBay and then they got your money back?

Thanks for your time every buddy let me know what you think.

#2 10 years ago

Dang it man NICE SCORE!
The sellers feedback looks solid.
The guy is going to take a loss on that game by the time.
He pays ebay & pay Pals fee's
On shipping I would use NAVL ...give Michelle B. a call.

#3 10 years ago

With all due respect, these are questions to be asked prior to the sale, not after. Hope you don't get burned.

#4 10 years ago

Am I missing something? I see $8195 as the final price...

#5 10 years ago

Seller has great feedback so that's a good sign!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Am I missing something? I see $8195 as the final price...

It says best offer accepted

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from balloukevin:

With all due respect, these are questions to be asked prior to the sale, not after. Hope you don't get burned.

I did not send the money yet . Wanted to get input from my fellow pinsiders first.

#8 10 years ago

Score. Pay the man and get your pin. Or is this a flip purchase? In which case grats on making some cash.

#9 10 years ago

No flipping I sold my TZ to get this pin. Not expecting to be able to get the Metallica LE tho .

#10 10 years ago

I bought my RBION from this guy,he can be 100000% trusted(99% sure this is him as he lives in clearwater and does stuff for OSHA). I am shocked he let it go already.

Great seller though, my RBION I got from him was mint better than I could imagine. He may chime in as he is on these boards.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I bought my RBION from this guy,he can be 100000% trusted(99% sure this is him as he lives in clearwater and does stuff for OSHA). I am shocked he let it go already.
Great seller though, my RBION I got from him was mint better than I could imagine. He may chime in as he is on these boards.

^Pinballpal it appears you are golden

#12 10 years ago

I asked him if was on pinside he just emailed me and said he was. Looks like I am good to go .

#13 10 years ago

Oh crap! That means he did not want to deal with all the trash BS on this board. And we drug him over here anyway. I hope he does not step up and just lays back in the cut on this one. He did a nice thing.

#14 10 years ago

This is mine, and I am somewhat embarrassed by getting rid of so soon. Very simple, I thought Michelle would be fine with this and she's not. Tough when pins are in the center of your home. I have always had to fight to keep my collection and turn my 1st pin into a multipin collection. I know when to pick my battles though and this would be a tough one to win, now and in the near future.

Was actually hoping this would sell fast so I could avoid the public persecution on here, lol.

Pinballpal, if you have any reservations or questions, call me. The game is perfect, NAVL comes here often. Although, I could have a better local affiliate representing NAVL. I will assist to make sure this leaves here wrapped securely. I have done the same for other buyers.

#15 10 years ago

Awesome. Congrats!

Nice price Toasterdog.

#16 10 years ago

Take a weeks vacation and go pick it up and at the same time enjoy a vacation. It will cost more money but you will have part of you vacation paid for with the savings on shipping and it makes the transaction safe for everyone involved.

That is if you have the time and money to do something like that.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This is mine, and I am somewhat embarrassed by getting rid of so soon. Very simple, I thought Michelle would be fine with this and she's not. Tough when pins are in the center of your home. I have always had to fight to keep my collection and turn my 1st pin into a multipin collection. I know when to pick my battles though and this would be a tough one to win, now and in the near future.
Was actually hoping this would sell fast so I could avoid the public persecution on here, lol.
Pinballpal, if you have any reservations or questions, call me. The game is perfect, NAVL comes here often. Although, I could have a better local affiliate representing NAVL. I will assist to make sure this leaves here wrapped securely. I have done the same for other buyers.

I see from the pictures you managed to get 3 pins in your living room Sorry you had to let it go, but props for being a great seller. I think you shall get praise from the pinsiders not persecution

#18 10 years ago

I love this Pinball community .

Quoted from Toasterdog:This is mine, and I am somewhat embarrassed by getting rid of so soon. Very simple, I thought Michelle would be fine with this and she's not. Tough when pins are in the center of your home. I have always had to fight to keep my collection and turn my 1st pin into a multipin collection. I know when to pick my battles though and this would be a tough one to win, now and in the near future.

I love this Pinball community . I will be giving you a call later today after work to set everything up.

#19 10 years ago

Hell you can do that drive in a long weekend if ya leave Thursday after work. Biggest plus would be not worrying about shipping damage.

#20 10 years ago

Congrats guys! Great transaction story!

#21 10 years ago

Congrats to both on the sale. Sorry you had to let a pin you like go, but compromise is necessary with significant others to win in the end. Don't let anyone tell you differently. In future though, don't be afraid of ridicule on here. Screw naysayers. Doesn't seem to bother others like Coasterguy - who often moves pins for variety and is a stand up guy.

Now, be honest. How many scumbags have PM'd you offering more than Pinballpal to cancel your deal and sell to them? Enquiring minds want to know.

#22 10 years ago

Congrats to both sides. I would suggest the seller getting a nice WOZ standard. That game is neutral theme, can be enjoyed by anyone and will be only get better as new code continues to get released.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

How many scumbags have PM'd you

guilty as charged

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I love this Pinball community .

I love this Pinball community . I will be giving you a call later today after work to set everything up.

Just a thought but pay him outside of a paypal direct payment, will save him quite a bit of $$$.

#25 10 years ago

If you didn't mind waiting a month, Don Bosworth (pinballs on the move) might be able to bring it to you after Game warp. I know he is heading down for it.
Brian

#26 10 years ago

Sorry you had to get rid of it, unbelievable game. My kids have heard all those swear words at school, so in my mind its nothing they all ready haven't heard.

I love the Pro, but the premium and Le version are sick. Well built game great art package, awesome flow, no issues with the game out of the box.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

No persecution at all brutha! Shit happens! Glad you could get a quick sale and to someone who really wanted one too!

+1 to loving the pinball community

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Well built game great art package, awesome flow, no issues with the game out of the box.

Good to hear as an LE will be dropped off at my house today...Today is a good day, hopefully no damage to box.

#29 10 years ago

I have recently sold a couple of pins and bought a couple of others. I have chosen word of mouth instead of interfacing with the rash of BS posts on for sale threads where people would really be better off keeping their opinions to themselves.

I can respect that decision.

#30 10 years ago

A fellow Pinsider in Altoona? Wow, small world.

Congrats!

#31 10 years ago

Congrats on the buy.

This is the third METLE to sell for under 8k (not including shipping) in the last ten days. I told myself if they drop back to original price of $7,200 shipped I'm snagging one . . . they keep creeping closer and closer.

#32 10 years ago

Is that bubbling on the DMD surround supposed to be like that?

#33 10 years ago

Congrats OP! I saw that listing last night and I wondered how long it would last. I can't believe the seller accepted such a low offer. Depending on the shipping cost, you may have snagged this for cheaper than the final Metclub price. On a side note, why does ebay not show the final offer price anymore? Of all of their security changes in the past few years this one seems the dumbest to me.

#34 10 years ago

great deal, a real nice transaction. if it keeps going that way pinball will be like it used to be... maybe ** insert jaws music**

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on the buy.
This is the third METLE to sell for under 8k (not including shipping) in the last ten days. I told myself if they drop back to original price of $7,200 shipped I'm snagging one . . . they keep creeping closer and closer.

It could happen but doubtful. This is always the norm but then once they begin to dry up... $12,000 by ?

#36 10 years ago

8500 by July 4th

#37 10 years ago

If you guys are 100% secure with each other you should mutually cancel the ebay transaction and save the seller some green. Nobody gets negative feedback and you'll put a few hundred bucks back in his pocket.

Still use paypal so that you have the seller/buyer protection, but one good turn deserves another.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Is that bubbling on the DMD surround supposed to be like that?

That's generally how Stern DMD panels are painted.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

If you guys are 100% secure with each other you should mutually cancel the ebay transaction and save the seller some green. Nobody gets negative feedback and you'll put a few hundred bucks back in his pocket.
Still use paypal so that you have the seller/buyer protection, but one good turn deserves another.

That would be great if this can be done, guarantee you the seller is a good guy. Not that my word means anything

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

That would be great if this can be done, guarantee you the seller is a good guy. Not that my word means anything

It can be done. And easily too. I've done it in the past, and was surprised how straight-forward it was to do.

I can't remember whether it's the buyer or seller that initials the cancellation process though. It was some time ago that I did it.

#41 10 years ago

So the pinball community is OK to rip off eBay, the people who made this cheap transaction possible ?

I don't care what you guys do,I am just trying to figure out the double standards we see on pinside .

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on the buy.

I predict you'll get it, but just like buying a stock, it's unclear if it's a good investment. If you are buying it to enjoy, then it obviously doesn't matter.

#43 10 years ago

I don't have any double standards. And I've criticized NOBODY on this website for their practices, prices, or anything else.

Paypal is still going to take a good chunk of change from the transaction, and Paypal & eBay are the same company.

I was just offering a suggestion to help out a couple of Pinsiders. Sorry if I offended anyone.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

So the pinball community is OK to rip off eBay, the people who made this cheap transaction possible ?
I don't care what you guys do,I am just trying to figure out the double standards we see on pinside .

Yeah and we all know you do not go 1 MPH over the speed limit either .....hehe

#45 10 years ago

I don't have any double standards. And I've criticized NOBODY on this website for their practices, prices, or anything else.

I know you don't and don't take it personal , I just see thing some people getting attacked for stupid things and thought it was odd that eBay was ok to steal from but Metallica is not .

Sorry ,I was just using your post for a example and noticed the thumbs up you got for it .

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I know you don't and don't take it personal , I just see thing some people getting attacked for stupid things and thought it was odd that eBay was ok to steal from but Metallica is not .
Sorry ,I was just using your post for a example and noticed the thumbs up you got for it .

No worries. I can definitely see it from both sides. I just didn't want to inadvertently inject myself into any of the price & procedure bickering that can happen around here.

What you're saying is definitely true, so I won't dispute that. (Mind you, in my opinion, eBay is making it's fair share off of all of the flippers!) lol

I will shut up now so as to not hijack this thread with an ethics royal rumble.

Cheers,
Greg

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's generally how Stern DMD panels are painted.

Good it is painted. I was worried it was covered in vinyl and they left bubbles in it......

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I predict you'll get it, but just like buying a stock, it's unclear if it's a good investment. If you are buying it to enjoy, then it obviously doesn't matter.

Yep; I never buy for an investment. Just to play and enjoy.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Good it is painted. I was worried it was covered in vinyl and they left bubbles in it......

I got a replacement DMD/Speaker panel for my LOTR and at first I thought it was a crap paint job. Then I looked at my brand new ACDC, it had the same. Seems to be a new "effect" Stern has going on, I guess similar to the spider webbing of some older EMs and SS.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on the buy.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep; I never buy for an investment. Just to play and enjoy.

If this is the case why don't you just buy a premium? Can you not "Play and Enjoy" a premium just as much? Every time you and others post that the sky is falling with regards to value all i read is "Man I'm pissed I got fu(ked out of an LE".

Did I get an LE, yep. Do I care about its value, well of course. Am I biased with my observation, nope. Every time you post something like this it's as bad as the 10k by Christmas post. Look at the bright side....when you respond with a pointless retort you can thank me for 15+ karma.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-won-a-huo-metallica-le-on-ebay-for-7500-help-so-i-do-not-get-screwed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.