IMG_E6494 (resized).JPG
IMG_6564 (resized).JPG
IMG_6563 (resized).JPG
IMG_6555 (resized).JPG
IMG_6556 (resized).JPG
IMG_6554 (resized).JPG
IMG_6126 (resized).JPG
IMG_6124 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverstreak02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Great start it looks good.

1 month later
#7 4 years ago

The cabinet looks great.

2 months later
#10 3 years ago

Wow that looks great.

#17 3 years ago

Do you have a before picture of the playfield?

#18 3 years ago

As an easy finishing touch you should consider polishing your shooter and ball lift rods. It takes about ten minutes each and makes a huge difference. The rods on my Cross Town were worse than yours and this is how they came out.

D0F9ED0B-D5BE-458B-B17D-211287BBCEF0 (resized).jpegD0F9ED0B-D5BE-458B-B17D-211287BBCEF0 (resized).jpeg

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

they look great. I will def consider it. whats the best way to polish them?

Put the rod in your drill and spin it while using progressively finer sand paper to polish it. I finish with Mother’s Mag and aluminum polish. The metal is pretty soft so it won’t take long.

#23 3 years ago

You had a pretty good playfield to start with, but wow what a difference. He did a great job. I played this game on several occasions at the Silverball in Delray Beach. Like most of their games it needed some work, but it was fun enough for me to play for hours. Yours will be perfect and I imagine much more fun than theirs. Keep up the great work. You’re going to love the result. It’s a very fun game.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the best part about it, is that you wont' have cupped inserts anymore. Making gameplay 100% better. It's even more reason to have it restored even more than just the art aspect.

My first game was a Space Mission. It was fully working with a decent playfield, but the inserts were severely cupped. The ball would change course after going over them. To make matters worse the ball got stuck in a couple of them on a regular basis. That got me to do my first restore that was basically just touching up the Key lines, filling the inserts and clear coating. I’ve done two machines since with complete repaint along with clear coating. I don’t know how anyone can handle the cupped inserts. I wasn’t able to. This Subway will be a joy to play.

#31 3 years ago

I just played my Cross Town and can recommend the orange dot coils for the flippers. They seem to be the perfect strength.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Thanks.. I have a set of yellow dots going in.. hopefully they wont be too much.. we will see..)

I was going to go with the yellow dots, but Steve Young talked me out of them. I’ll be interested in what you think. Let me know.

2 weeks later
#40 3 years ago

Very nice job. It looks like a new machine. Did you have a coin mechanism or does someone sell them? How do you like the yellow dot coil on the flippers?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

thanks.. so regarding the coin mech, a very kind pinsider sent me a spare saddle.. I had a spare 10c coin mech. regarding the yellowdots, i feel like they work perfectly. I have the machine setup steep and i have a little more return spring tension on the flippers, so i think i have them dialed in for the perfect balance. I will add a video of the machine playing but so far so good.

Looking forward to the video.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverstreak02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-took-a-subway-to-restore-city?tu=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.