(Topic ID: 4306)

I just posted my first YouTube video ...

By gweempose

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Oh_my_Neck.jpg
    NiCe.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I just posted a quick Swords of Fury video under my alter ego Pinsational (my RGP user name). As far as I can tell, it's the first video of an SoF with LEDs. Not only is this my first pinball video on YouTube, it's actually my first video period. I filmed it sideways so I could get the whole playfield in the shot, as well as the alpha-numeric displays. I raised the tripod up as high as I could and shot over my shoulder. What do you guys think? Is this a good angle?

#2 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I just posted a quick Swords of Fury video under my alter ego Pinsational (my RGP user name). As far as I can tell, it's the first video of an SoF with LEDs. I filmed it sideways so I could get the whole playfield in the shot, as well as the alpha-numeric displays. I also raised the tripod up as high as I could and shot over my shoulder. What do you guys think? Is this a good angle?

Its a good shot of the whole game but you have to slightly keep your head tilted
    to right but hey man its Swords of Fury and worth watching the leds look really
    good and your game is in very nice condition.This is the best game around voices,
    music,gameplay are like no other.I shall have one one day!! I wonder how
    much todd tuckey will take for his at TNT amusements

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Its a good shot of the whole game but you have to slightly keep your head tilted to right ...

Yeah, that's the only negative of shooting it in portrait. It's obviously a lot easier to watch if you are viewing it on a laptop or tablet.

#4 12 years ago

All i know is i really enjoyed it and Thanks for putting it up The more SOF vids
    the better

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

All i know is i really enjoyed it and Thanks for putting it up The more SOF vids the better ...

You are most welcome! If you want to see someone with some mad skills, make sure to check out tomdotcom's SoF video. He's a much better player than I am.

#6 12 years ago

I saw the one by Tom and did outstanding on the first ball but the voices and
    music from other camaras sounds different between the 3 vids like better quality.

#7 12 years ago

I enjoyed it a lot, I enjoyed the sounds and your playing which demonstrated the best of the machine.
    It is the first time I have seen SOF with LED's-the bright colours were no surprise but I was also impressed with the sharpness of all the lamp twinkles. There must be less lag on power up compared standard bulbs-is that possible?

#8 12 years ago

Most of the machines with LED's are a bit to bright for my taste but this looks pretty much evened out, (the LED's don't over shine each other). Was it a kit designed for SOF or did you just design the LED set up yourself?

#9 12 years ago

Great vid, looks like you have some awesome skills too, I miss my sof, the music is killer...I sold mine to a friend close by so I can play it still haha

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Was it a kit designed for SOF or did you just design the LED set up yourself?

It's all custom. After a lot of experimentation, I'm quite happy with the results. There is some very minor ghosting on some of the inserts, but it's nothing a few Ghost Busters can't take care of.

#11 12 years ago

great video, great game. Love the music.

#12 12 years ago

How's the playfield on your SoF? Is there mylar on it?

I just bought one for $1K that I'll be picking up in August that has mylar and appears to be in good shape. Just wondering if I got a fair deal.

#13 12 years ago

I just showed it to my friends!

They love it! Great job gweem!

NiCe.jpgNiCe.jpg

Conan:
    "That is Fantastickal!"

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

How's the playfield on your SoF? Is there mylar on it?

Overall, my playfield is in really nice shape. There is some bubbling in the mylar at some of the inserts, but you really can't notice it when the game is on. I've thought about removing the mylar, but I'm sure I'd end up taking off some of the artwork, and it probably just isn't worth it. I replaced all the plastics with repros, and it looks awesome. A couple of the inserts could use new decals. I bought a set, but have only replaced a few so far. The cabinet and backbox are both in phenomenal shape.

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I just bought one for $1K that I'll be picking up in August that has mylar and appears to be in good shape. Just wondering if I got a fair deal.

I shelled out $1,200 for mine, but I probably overpaid. With LEDs, new plastics and new decals, I'm into it for at least $1,500. If the machine you are getting is freshly shopped and in nice shape, $1,000 seems reasonable.

#15 12 years ago

Fantastic job. i especially like the sound quality and the balance between mechanic sound and the music/fx. I have added the video to the SOF archive page if you don't mind.

The orientation of the video is one more reason for all you Pinsiders to get an iPad - or one of those fancy rotate-able LCD computer screens - or some tiger-balm if you watch too long

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I shelled out $1,200 for mine, but I probably overpaid. With LEDs, new plastics and new decals, I'm into it for at least $1,500. If the machine you are getting is freshly shopped and in nice shape, $1,000 seems reasonable.

I paid $450.00 for mine and have no more then $600.00 into it so far...By the time I'm done the restoration I'm hoping to have no more then $750.00 or $800.00 into it. I read some where they are valued at $900.00 shopped.

#17 12 years ago

Looks good GP albeit my neck hurts!

Your machine looks in pretty good condition! And I agree, Tom is a awesome player at this pin! Still my only real complaint on the pin, it really should have been 8 digits or have one of those long alphanumeric displays...

BTW: I thought you got hosed on the second multiball jackpot! I swear you hit the moving flashing target!

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

I thought you got hosed on the second multiball jackpot

Playing 3 balls at once sure can get confusing! Yea, looked like he hit it to me. gweempose, do you have the number 2 upgrade chips?

These: ebay.com link: ws

#19 12 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

Quoted from vster23:

great video, great game. Love the music.

+1

I've only played this one at pinball shows - the music is great and the game play is fun!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I shelled out $1,200 for mine, but I probably overpaid.

Not really 1200 is the going price for a real nice one you did good.

#21 12 years ago

I sold mine for 1400 but it had a brand new set of pinscore displays in it...

#22 12 years ago

Nice. You've got some great pinball skills too.

#23 12 years ago

Ohhhh ,, my Neck hurt's Now ... LOL !!!!!

.... Oh_my_Neck.jpgOh_my_Neck.jpg

#24 12 years ago

looks sweet! Let's see some more vids.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from DavidHartNYC:

Let's see some more vids.

I hope to get some more up soon. Tommy will be next.

1 week later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-posted-my-first-youtube-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.