(Topic ID: 121760)

I just LOVE Farsight's The Pinball Arcade!!!

By Robotoes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gorno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0288.PNG
    IMG_0333.PNG
    IMG_0332.PNG
    IMG_0329.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

My biggest gripe is that you can't transfer purchased tables across platforms. They claim it's impossible, but other game seem to do it.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Maybe its impossible based on their cash flow since they are a small business developer. If allowing transferring of tables led to them closing up shop, i wouldn't recommend they do it either. Also you own ~$50,000 of pins so I don't think you should gripe at all having to pay maybe $100-$200 for all the tables virtually.
    The op could of provide some more details, like the device he used etc.. Sounds like he is just whining over nothing..

How much money I do or don't have and how much I have in pins doesn't seem relevant here.

I don't know how much Farsight makes compares to other small mobile developers, but there does seem to be a trend of supporting purchases across platforms.

Look at it this way. I'm not buying anything right now because I can't use it across Android and iOS. If they had that feature, I would probably buy a table for $5. But because I want it across all of my devices, I'm not willing to buy it twice for $10. So instead of making $5, they are greedy and want $10, and in the end get $0.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

No pinball sims are cross-platform buy. Not Zen, not Zacc, none of them. Why should FarSight give away games that every other developer is charging for?
    Your logic is severely flawed. Not buying an iOS app b/c you can't use it on Android and vice versa? Ok well then I'm not buying anymore PS3 games until they also play on my Xbox, Nintendo, iPad and Android phone. Boy that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? :/ Seriously?
    They are different games on different devices. Now, if you had an iPhone and an iPad, or an Android phone and tablet - then you would be able to play the same games, with the same purchase, on both devices. The fact that you are mixing OS's and want stuff for free has nothing to do with anything related to TPA or FarSight.

From what I can tell, the Supercell(Clash Of Clans/Boom Beach/etc) and King(Candy Crush/etc) games both support sharing your in-app purchases across platforms.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-love-farsights-the-pinball-arcade?tu=dhalem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.