(Topic ID: 121760)

I just LOVE Farsight's The Pinball Arcade!!!

By Robotoes

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0288.PNG
    IMG_0333.PNG
    IMG_0332.PNG
    IMG_0329.PNG

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

^^^ I still get that.^^^ I remember the 1st time it happened....couldn't believe it. Ball fell off the table pops up...something like that. Funny stuff!

#52 5 years ago

I got two of my friends/coworkers to try it. They both downloaded the first season and we're having a friendly weekly competition. Who ever has the highest score on Friday gets to choose the next table for the following week. I'm the pin head and I'm slowly converting them through the pinball arcade. Lol

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Only issue I've ever seen, is on my iPad I've had the ball shoot out of the back left of the cabinet a few times. But haven't had it happen for over a year now, so they probably fixed that.

Balls go all over the place on my iPad. The worst is when you barely make a ramp shot, I frequently have balls fall through ramps or through the bottom of the table. I don't think I play a ton of TPA but just about every time I sit down and play for a half hour something weird will happen on some table.

1 month later
    #54 5 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

I don't know how much Farsight makes compares to other small mobile developers, but there does seem to be a trend of supporting purchases across platforms.
    Look at it this way. I'm not buying anything right now because I can't use it across Android and iOS. If they had that feature, I would probably buy a table for $5. But because I want it across all of my devices, I'm not willing to buy it twice for $10. So instead of making $5, they are greedy and want $10, and in the end get $0.

I'm still waiting for your corollary examples, besides 'free' apps that sucker you into a constant stream of nickel-and-dime antics. YOU are the one who chose to have multiple platforms (first world problems, yay!), PAID for them, and then expected that Farsight would develop for all of the platforms you picked AND provide you access for a one-time entrance fee. Because programmers work for free and they all work on every platform. Are you serious?!! You CAN use it, if you're not expecting something for nothing. Look at it that way. Features are free, development costs money.

Are you the guy in line at Staples demanding a version of M$ Office that works on your Macbook and your Windows laptop? Calling them greedy was a dick move, in my opinion. You're the greedy one, and in the end the loser is... ? You're the one who wants and doesn't have.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Odd... I've played on iPad, iPhone, and on an Xbox one, and never seen anything like that!

works perfectly and smooth on a PC

on a 27inch 4k monitor.

#56 5 years ago

P.S. - $5 is how many plays on the real one? Man, that attitude pisses me off. "I have too much electronic noise at my house, somebody go work for free to make them all uniform because I want to use it more."

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Balls go all over the place on my iPad. The worst is when you barely make a ramp shot, I frequently have balls fall through ramps or through the bottom of the table. I don't think I play a ton of TPA but just about every time I sit down and play for a half hour something weird will happen on some table.

I was playing over the weekend on my PC. Had one ball disappear somewhere. Was hitting the pop bumpers on MM, and then the ball appeared in the shooter lane and was launched back into play.

Also had a ball shoot straight down the middle, but bounced off the apron, and shot back THROUGH the flipper and back into play. That made me happy, since I was on a roll.

The new Xenon says it has new flipper physics. First few times I played, I didn't notice a difference. But then I saw it. I "caught" a pinball as it was coming down. Much like you can do in real life, without it bouncing from the flipper. Only, this was an artificial "catch." it was like a magnet. You could tell it was pre-programed into the flipper action. Much like how a ball gets sucked into a gate, or hole, or whatever.

#58 5 years ago

This is my biggest beef as playing on a PS3/4 controller doesn't feel right. Seems very doable to market a device with side buttons you can also nudge. This may solve the cloud of apparent lag at the flippers also. If accessories can be made for GH and RB games,why not a controller for TPA?

3 months later
    #59 4 years ago

Has anybody heard what the next titles will be?

#60 4 years ago

PhysMod5 is the only way to play digitally. Big ups to 85vette on here.

Visual Pinball with 1000MHz physics or bust.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gorno:

Has anybody heard what the next titles will be?

F14 Tomcat is the October table.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

f14 tomcat is the October table.

Thanks! I guess I will have to wait quite a few months for something new.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 50.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 64.95
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 1,348.00
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside