(Topic ID: 121760)

I just LOVE Farsight's The Pinball Arcade!!!

By Robotoes

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Gorno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0288.PNG
    IMG_0333.PNG
    IMG_0332.PNG
    IMG_0329.PNG

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

too good not to post!

IMG_0329.PNG

IMG_0332.PNG

IMG_0333.PNG

#2 4 years ago

Yeah they put out a "quality" product.

#3 4 years ago
    #4 4 years ago

on iOS. one more before sleep.

IMG_0288.PNG

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

What system is that for?
    I play it on a ps4 and have had no problems.

Your right about no issues on the ps4 but we are the last ones to get the latest tables which sucks really bad. We had to wait a year after it was launched for ps4 just to get season 2 tables. Horse s&$t if you ask me.

#6 4 years ago

Strange. Works great on my iPad.

#7 4 years ago

Odd... I've played on iPad, iPhone, and on an Xbox one, and never seen anything like that!

#9 4 years ago

Nope, I've never seen that before...

#10 4 years ago

I've seen that before. I still had the iPhone 4 a few months ago and I think my phone was too old to do the newer iOS updates. Since then I got a new phone and all is well again.

#11 4 years ago

Fk's up just like a regular pinball.

#12 4 years ago
    #13 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Very true for being too long of a wait. But the tables look amazing on a 65" plasma tv. Almost as good as the real tables, but not quite.

Your right, the tables look amazing on the big screen. The detail is pretty great. The only issue the action of the flippers is not realistic. They feel very soft compared to the real thing.
    As for as the waiting for the tables to be added, I was sending complaints to the support at Farsight and they kept telling me the tables would be added soon. It wasn't until about 7 months after that the season 2 tables were actually added.

#14 4 years ago

I had a credit dot when I was playing TZ. I took a picture of it because it was the most confusing thing I had ever seen...A credit dot on a virtual table recreation. A+

#15 4 years ago

Have all the games for ps4 and iOS and they play great! Addams Family for the PS4 is especially cool.

#16 4 years ago

i get missing textures like that on many of my games (not just TPA) on my aging iPad 2. usually a hard reboot* fixes it. if something's actually corrupt you can always re-install the app, too. the tables you posted all are currently working fine for me.

that's not to excuse FarSight's quality control ... too many tables have been released with bugs that break the game. it seems like there's always something involving too many balls in the plunger or balls getting permanently lost. at least most (but not all) of the game-breaking bugs involving the camera zooming in on a toy (and never zooming back out) have been ironed out.

personally i think FarSight should have just focused on mobile platforms right from the start. it's obviously where the vast majority of their sales are, and they are clearly spreading themselves too thin trying to support every available gaming device on earth. if the game had been designed as a mobile app from the ground up, i bet it would look nicer and have fewer bugs on phones and pads.

* double click the home button, close out all the apps by sliding their screenshot upwards off the screen, hold down the top power button for 5 seconds, slide the "power off" button that appears on screen, wait while it shuts down, then click the top power button again to turn the iPad back on.

#17 4 years ago

My biggest gripe is that you can't transfer purchased tables across platforms. They claim it's impossible, but other game seem to do it.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

My biggest gripe is that you can't transfer purchased tables across platforms. They claim it's impossible, but other game seem to do it.

Maybe its impossible based on their cash flow since they are a small business developer. If allowing transferring of tables led to them closing up shop, i wouldn't recommend they do it either. Also you own ~$50,000 of pins so I don't think you should gripe at all having to pay maybe $100-$200 for all the tables virtually.

The op could of provide some more details, like the device he used etc.. Sounds like he is just whining over nothing..

#19 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for the dedicated cabinet support they were going to do years ago.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Maybe its impossible based on their cash flow since they are a small business developer. If allowing transferring of tables led to them closing up shop, i wouldn't recommend they do it either. Also you own ~$50,000 of pins so I don't think you should gripe at all having to pay maybe $100-$200 for all the tables virtually.
    The op could of provide some more details, like the device he used etc.. Sounds like he is just whining over nothing..

How much money I do or don't have and how much I have in pins doesn't seem relevant here.

I don't know how much Farsight makes compares to other small mobile developers, but there does seem to be a trend of supporting purchases across platforms.

Look at it this way. I'm not buying anything right now because I can't use it across Android and iOS. If they had that feature, I would probably buy a table for $5. But because I want it across all of my devices, I'm not willing to buy it twice for $10. So instead of making $5, they are greedy and want $10, and in the end get $0.

#22 4 years ago

looks like that T2 needs to be shopped out!

#23 4 years ago

They should add table customization to the game, being able to change any bulb out to whatever color led would be awesome! And guess what?!? They can charge extra for that feature.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Look at it this way. I'm not buying anything right now because I can't use it across Android and iOS. If they had that feature, I would probably buy a table for $5. But because I want it across all of my devices, I'm not willing to buy it twice for $10. So instead of making $5, they are greedy and want $10, and in the end get $0.

No pinball sims are cross-platform buy. Not Zen, not Zacc, none of them. Why should FarSight give away games that every other developer is charging for?

Your logic is severely flawed. Not buying an iOS app b/c you can't use it on Android and vice versa? Ok well then I'm not buying anymore PS3 games until they also play on my Xbox, Nintendo, iPad and Android phone. Boy that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? :/ Seriously?

They are different games on different devices. Now, if you had an iPhone and an iPad, or an Android phone and tablet - then you would be able to play the same games, with the same purchase, on both devices. The fact that you are mixing OS's and want stuff for free has nothing to do with anything related to TPA or FarSight.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

It's debatable who is the greedy party in this example

$5 for an awesome pinball simulation is not greedy IMO.
    Especially if you consider that a piece of plastic for a real pinball is usually around $30.

#26 4 years ago
    #27 4 years ago
    Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

No pinball sims are cross-platform buy. Not Zen, not Zacc, none of them. Why should FarSight give away games that every other developer is charging for?
    Your logic is severely flawed. Not buying an iOS app b/c you can't use it on Android and vice versa? Ok well then I'm not buying anymore PS3 games until they also play on my Xbox, Nintendo, iPad and Android phone. Boy that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? :/ Seriously?
    They are different games on different devices. Now, if you had an iPhone and an iPad, or an Android phone and tablet - then you would be able to play the same games, with the same purchase, on both devices. The fact that you are mixing OS's and want stuff for free has nothing to do with anything related to TPA or FarSight.

From what I can tell, the Supercell(Clash Of Clans/Boom Beach/etc) and King(Candy Crush/etc) games both support sharing your in-app purchases across platforms.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

It was stated in the fourth post. Sorry I left out the device - Ipad Mini Gen 2, and sorry you feel I'm complaining for nothing!

I refuse to believe this is a hardware issue. The app has been updated, and multiple power cycles given to the device. App was working flawlessly 1 hour before this.

#29 4 years ago

I like it also, but I wish the graphics were more photo realistic.
    Download pro pinball on your iPad and play proshock. Graphics and lighting are so realistic.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

From what I can tell, the Supercell(Clash Of Clans/Boom Beach/etc) and King(Candy Crush/etc) games both support sharing your in-app purchases across platforms.

And what exactly do flash-based web games that happen to also run on any device with a Net connection and browser have to do with pinball simulators?

I'll go ahead and answer that for you: Absolutely nothing.

You can buy an entire season (10+ machines) for $29. Pick your favorite platform (I'd suggest whatever tablet you own) and put it on there. Or don't, I really couldn't care less. But it's not much fun on a 4-5" phone screen anyways.

As previously stated, that's less than the price of one plastic piece, or a few replacement rubber rings on a real pin. In other words - a BARGAIN for the amount of pinball you get, even if some tables are less than perfect.

#31 4 years ago

terminator 2 looks completely wrong. Setup isn't anything like that.

#32 4 years ago

my TZ has problems sometimes on my ps3

#33 4 years ago

I bought this app today for my iPad, collection 1. Very cool. Have any of you tried the iCade or any of the other "cabinets" for this?

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

I bought this app today for my iPad, collection 1. Very cool. Have any of you tried the iCade or any of the other "cabinets" for this?

Tom is the best as far as action goes for the pinball arcade. Love BSD and Scared Stiff too. Just purchased TAF and Party Zone. They are pretty good also. I use it mostly on the ps4.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Addams Family for the PS4 is especially cool.

How are people able to get Addams Family off of the Playstation network? I know it is available for iOS but when I go to "season 4" on PSN using my PS3 the only game listed in the Season 4 folder is Phantom of the Opera and nothing else.

I heard that Xbox will be getting titles before PS and figured thats what was going on but I guess I was wrong.

Does anybody have Addams Family on their PS3?

#36 4 years ago

Season 4 has been "available" for almost a week on Xbox One, but you CANNOT download or play any of the tables. They've known about the issue since day one and they still can't figure out what the problem is. Seriously, how is this even possible? Unbelievable. They must hate making money.

#37 4 years ago
    #38 4 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

How are people able to get Addams Family off of the Playstation network? I know it is available for iOS but when I go to "season 4" on PSN using my PS3 the only game listed in the Season 4 folder is Phantom of the Opera and nothing else.
    I heard that Xbox will be getting titles before PS and figured thats what was going on but I guess I was wrong.
    Does anybody have Addams Family on their PS3?

Go to the Icon for the pinball arcade on the ps3 Main menu, press either start or select (can't remember which one) and it will bring up a menu that should have an option to "check for update" The update you need should be there, once you've updated the App , the rest of the season 4 tables should be there.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from rockotaco1:

Season 4 has been "available" for almost a week on Xbox One, but you CANNOT download or play any of the tables. They've known about the issue since day one and they still can't figure out what the problem is. Seriously, how is this even possible? Unbelievable. They must hate making money.

Good news is that this is fixed now. You can buy the tables on Xbox One - apparently MS had to republish the content to fix it. So it actually wasn't Farsight's fault this time.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

This pisses me off too. With the high cost of these packages they should allow this.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

Incorrect. If you own Pinball FX2 (Zen Pinball) tables on the XBOX 360, you can re-download them on the XBOX ONE at no charge as long as you are using the same Live/Microsoft account. The XBOX ONE versions have been enhanced quite a bit as well.

#42 4 years ago

I can't believe the amount of shit people give Farsight. I'm absolutely thrilled there is a company putting out licences of real tables every month that I can own for $5. This is a niche hobby and not everyone has access to real machines, and from where I'm sitting TPA is doing a ton to keep enthusiasm of it alive. Plus I get to laugh my ass of when TPA players come on location for the first time and throw a fit about ball times when they realize actual pinball machines don't have ramp assist or linear ball flow.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from tonedef131:

I can't believe the amount of shit people give Farsight. I'm absolutely thrilled there is a company putting out licences of real tables every month that I can own for $5. This is a niche hobby and not everyone has access to real machines, and from where I'm sitting TPA is doing a ton to keep enthusiasm of it alive. Plus I get to laugh my ass of when TPA players come on location for the first time and throw a fit about ball times when they realize actual pinball machines don't have ramp assist or linear ball flow.

#44 4 years ago

I have mixed feelings about PA.

On one hand, it's great they're doing it. The game usually plays really well, and I get to enjoy a lot of real tables from the comfort of my couch. They're clearly making good use of their limited resources, and there's no question they're doing it because they love pinball.

On the other, I strongly believe they should be doing better with how they're handling bug fixes, updates, and communication. Especially communication. They repeatedly give either not enough information, too much information, or overly optimistic information. With the Xbox One Season 4 tables, for example, we don't hear much except "they're coming at some point", then there's too much detail about the process. I think that's one of the biggest sources of frustration to the community. Though the lack of bug fixes on platforms, and some of the bugs that get through, are a close second. (Seems like they could really use better QA)

I happily give them money, because PA does a good job at what it's trying to do. But there's plenty of room for improvement too.

#45 4 years ago

Never experienced any bugs or glitches on my Android tablet version (playing on Nexus 7 2013). I still think the physics engine is poor and some of the games are much easier on PA than in real life (I just scored 55B on AFM which I probably would have to play for 20 years to get in real life. The MM castle shot is very difficult on PA, whereas it's pretty easy in real life.)

But love that they are releasing real pinball games in a simple plug and play format that is far easier to setup and use than Virtual Pinball/PinMAME.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

Incorrect. If you own Pinball FX2 (Zen Pinball) tables on the XBOX 360, you can re-download them on the XBOX ONE at no charge as long as you are using the same Live/Microsoft account. The XBOX ONE versions have been enhanced quite a bit as well.

Well, I've bought Zen tables on both Android and PS3, and unless you are part of the Microsoft consortium, you have to buy them both on each platform. Don't forget iOS. So while there may be limited cross-platform ability within the Xbox universe, don't kid yourself. Every other platform must be purchased and authorized separately. There's no "buy it on Android, also play it on your iPad" - which is what we are discussing...

FarSight also gave something like a 40% discount to upgrade from the PS3 to PS4 version when it came out. We're talking about $5 table packs folks, NOT a $59.99 full retail purchase. $29 for a season. What more do you want, a company (especially a small dev like FS) has to stay in business after all.

#47 4 years ago
    #48 4 years ago
    Quoted from RampShot11:

Go to the Icon for the pinball arcade on the ps3 Main menu, press either start or select (can't remember which one) and it will bring up a menu that should have an option to "check for update" The update you need should be there, once you've updated the App , the rest of the season 4 tables should be there.

I tried that and it said that I had the latest version but still only have Phantom in the Season 4 folder on my PS3. You'd think that they would want my $$$

I want to buy TAF but only on my PS3 because I can't nudge the table well on their mobile version plus I don't feel like paying for the same table 3 separate time so I can play it on my devices. I wouldn't mind if I was purchasing physical copies of the game but these are just digital downloads to play it on 3 separate devices. Just imagine the people that spent over $100 on the PSN only to find out that they don't carry over to iOS/android or PC.

#49 4 years ago

TPA is the reason I got into this hobby. It rekindled a lot of good memories of machines from my youth. There are definitely issues but I'm still a huge fan of what they are doing.

#50 4 years ago

Only issue I've ever seen, is on my iPad I've had the ball shoot out of the back left of the cabinet a few times. But haven't had it happen for over a year now, so they probably fixed that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 279.00
    $ 28.00
    $ 12.75
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 119.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside