inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 5 years ago

I listened to the podcast yesterday morning European time. Talked with Barry who said WTF, where does this news come from?? Unfortunately thus not true.

Than after the second podcast where he told he stood behind his source I reached out to him by phone. I am not on DP salarylist but have very regular contact with Barry so (no bragging intended) know more as the common early achiever. So told him my side of the story and he decided to take the podcast down.

FWIW: he sounded really sincere and truely believed his story. Didn’t make it up himself. Would love to talk with his source just to see where this started. And yes, I know he is an ‘unique’ person and you have to bring some salt when listening to his stories but I consider it as good amusement during car drives

Anyway, a good side effect is that Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders ..... so shows that TBL is still very much of interest with us pinheads and is alive in our thoughts. Selling isn’t the issue, it’s producing them. The proof is there.

Let’s all hope that hopefully next month finally the judge will pass verdict and that it is in favour of DP.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

A-ha: the "rumor" was a plant! A ruse to gauge demand, as leverage in the settlement negotiations...

Wow, also a way to look at it, you guessed it direct

It wasn’t a plant for all clearness, just an interesting side effect. But nicely found, I understand now why America is THE no 1 country of inspiracy theories

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That WAS the story, but later on it just was:
DP just didn't pay ARA the machines delivered so far, so they kept the rest.
Even if the first story is true, that's only one part of the story. ARA may have fixed a price in contract, but as I remember the game was 2 years late in development, not on ARAs fault. So ARA had to set up a line and and have bunch of half finished games lieing around for two years, so of course they want a compensation for that. If the client can't deliver on his part I have to take my leave someday (with the money) or renegotiate.

Technical Development was ARA’s responsibility. DP just set the features, layout and artwork. That didn’t change a bit from Chicago 2014. ARA designed the hardware. So all delays are on ARA. They just didn’t assign the labourpower to the project as they were supposed to do according the contract.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-?tu=rensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.