Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 83 days ago by Vdrums
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E477388C-44CC-44A3-B787-78B596145C09 (resized).jpeg
Lebowski Boards (resized).jpg
23A126D8-7E86-4393-8D7D-5143E06357EA (resized).png
80FFD73F-5445-4B3D-A05F-2A767ADAC912 (resized).png
Screenshot_20190320-222651_Messenger (1) (resized).jpg
inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 months ago

70 games available ... number of EA’s is higher than that.

#71 8 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sadly, fake news
I texted with Barry yesterday about whether there was any news. Overnight the news was launched. I checked again with Barry this morning. He says he has no idea where the news is coming from, but it's not true.

Now you've confirmed the announcement is fake, this episode leads me to believe someone punked Kaneda with a story he desperately wanted to be true. They probably did it because they could and they chose Kaneda because he's gullible and doesn't require much proof before running with a story. Either way, the story was reported and turns out to be pure horseshit.

In hindsight, two things about the leak were suspicious. First, there was no detail on whether the games would go to EA's or be sold, in spite of that being the first question on people's minds. Second was the news 70 games were available. It has been widely speculated that 50 was the number of games built and that there was definitely not enough left over parts to build any more complete games. Also all games were reportedly built and stored in crates in an area of the factory that was otherwise clean of spare Lebowski stuff. Of course that info was suspect too, but the leaker chose to ignore it and claim 70 games were built, and that didn't smell right.

#121 8 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Initially, the major problems were with the bowling assembly. Overall unreliable and lightweight construction. It reminded me of the Zombie League All Stars running man unit as far as metal quality. Then parts starting breaking on this lower assembly with no replacements, but were improvised as needed or fabricated. This was beyond the plastic bowling pins, which were an easy fix. Next there were failures on onboard components, that were correctable due to lack of overvoltage problem, despite lack of spares. Unfortunately, continued board logic problems led to inability to easily diagnose issues as there are no supplied full schematics or detailed diagnostics guides. Ultimately, the game was shelved as it was not worth pursuing corrections for technicians without these documents. Basic cost analysis for time spent. Game over. The game lasted under 6 months on a central route location with very close, daily oversight.
DP already knew about design conundrums before the whole ARA debacle went down because the problems were formally reported, but there was no assistance. DP was already up to their knickers trying to climb out of the hole they dug. I would be suspicious of anything said with reporting, especially a redesigned game that was truly fit for any construction contract. Why? DP had no real money ever again for redesign. Unless they have discovered a wealthy investor, they never will as first they would need to pay court costs, lawyer fees, settling fees, and their debt.

The bowling alley seems to come up as something that breaks often and is difficult to fix. Haven’t heard many say the bash car or the rug were ongoing headaches. Now the boards you mention, are there replacements or any schematics to help fix now? Any project pinballers working to polish code?

#126 8 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Shame on me for trusting his "news" and posting that "my game was finally coming" accordingly on Pinside.
Shame on Kaneda for representing this info as an absolute sure thing without checking it first. SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

I feel for ya tuna_delight. You probably even dreamed about opening your TBL last night. I’d send you my toe if I thought it would help ease the pain of being twice stung. It’s time now, you are going to have to let TBL go. Make a clean break by writing it off completely. It’s for the best.

#202 8 months ago

Take TBL movie and cut out all scenes showing or discussing bowling. You end up with a 30 minute film called TLL. Never remove a physical assembly for a digital one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 3.70
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside