inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#148 5 years ago

Wait, the rumor starts here and now it's Kanedas fault?

Sorry, you may think of him what you want (and most of it may be true) but first it's the same "I want to believe" head over heels reaction as always, as if we've never learned anything of Skit-B, Zidware, Heighway etc. and second altough being blatantly wrong presenting us 'facts' without checking and blowing it out in the open I 'believe' it's more enthusiasm for the hobby more then the rest.

(And he's not wrong the first time, so something as highly unlikely as this has to be taken with more then one grain of salt.)

#151 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I said people here are so easy to lie to because they desperately want to believe. Proven all the time.

I see but on the other hand someone like Deeproot who didn't "hurt" anybody get's mistrust the whole time.
I don't get that.

And yes, the hired Jpop.
People may hate him NOW, but they do because they showered him with money...
Because THEY LOVED HIS GAMES so much they would buy anything he'd do blindfolded!!!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Well, he's the one pushing the rumor, and it's false.

That was the Thread opener Rascal giving this "inside info" explicetly to us instead of Kaneda!?

... that Barry and Jaap settled the lawsuit.
Not giving credit to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast.
I ran here.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyway, a good side effect is that Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders ..... so shows that TBL is still very much of interest with us pinheads and is alive in our thoughts. Selling isn’t the issue, it’s producing them. The proof is there.
Let’s all hope that hopefully next month finally the judge will pass verdict and that it is in favour of DP.

I don't give a **** about TBL as a license but I saw and played the game and it is the best and closest thing to a Bally/ Williams game and what I want in a pinball game yet. The Color DMD is nice-looking while not going overboard (AP lacking most here, but Stern still not great), it has simple but pretty art, it has mechanical innovation (Stern lacks) and it is totally cohesive.
For me TBL as an overall package is way better then any new LCD Stern, JJP or AP and it saddens me that this endeavour never came to real fruition.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice to see you don't rate "rules" when it comes to your "total package."

I'm not a good player and for me "rules" (or "depth") are for the home collector who want's to discover something new, even after months of owning.

That's fair I think and in that regard Munsters may be a better on Location game and Star Wars more for the Die Hard home owner.

I get that and it's the same for me to a degree. But I much rather have a bowling alley in my game and shoot a rug that gets me smiling every time than some audioclip I unlocked.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Plus this is the perfect! size, aspect ratio and placement of a pinball screen. They nailed that one too.

Indeed!

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

K said his source is a prolific Pinside poster... Wonder who that could be?

He justrevealed him on the TWIPYs... George Gomez.

(While I think he was joking.)

#217 5 years ago

Quoted from Captain-Flint:I dont think he was joking.

GG doesn't post here, does he?

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

it is supposedly simple as that, the story is ARA raised the price twice.. the first one DP went along with, the second they refused. all while DP thought they had a firm fixed price contract. so.. lawyers

That WAS the story, but later on it just was:
DP just didn't pay ARA the machines delivered so far, so they kept the rest.

Even if the first story is true, that's only one part of the story. ARA may have fixed a price in contract, but as I remember the game was 2 years late in development, not on ARAs fault. So ARA had to set up a line and and have bunch of half finished games lieing around for two years, so of course they want a compensation for that. If the client can't deliver on his part I have to take my leave someday (with the money) or renegotiate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.