inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I said people here are so easy to lie to because they desperately want to believe. Proven all the time.

I see but on the other hand someone like Deeproot who didn't "hurt" anybody get's mistrust the whole time.
I don't get that.

And yes, the hired Jpop.
People may hate him NOW, but they do because they showered him with money...
Because THEY LOVED HIS GAMES so much they would buy anything he'd do blindfolded!!!

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wait, the rumor starts here and now it's Kanedas fault?

Well, he's the one pushing the rumor, and it's false.

#153 5 years ago

I guess I should ask for a refund on the Kaneda insider program, which was a whole zero dollars and zero cents.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Well, he's the one pushing the rumor, and it's false.

That was the Thread opener Rascal giving this "inside info" explicetly to us instead of Kaneda!?

... that Barry and Jaap settled the lawsuit.
Not giving credit to Kaneda’s Pinball Podcast.
I ran here.

#155 5 years ago

I listened to the podcast yesterday morning European time. Talked with Barry who said WTF, where does this news come from?? Unfortunately thus not true.

Than after the second podcast where he told he stood behind his source I reached out to him by phone. I am not on DP salarylist but have very regular contact with Barry so (no bragging intended) know more as the common early achiever. So told him my side of the story and he decided to take the podcast down.

FWIW: he sounded really sincere and truely believed his story. Didn’t make it up himself. Would love to talk with his source just to see where this started. And yes, I know he is an ‘unique’ person and you have to bring some salt when listening to his stories but I consider it as good amusement during car drives

Anyway, a good side effect is that Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders ..... so shows that TBL is still very much of interest with us pinheads and is alive in our thoughts. Selling isn’t the issue, it’s producing them. The proof is there.

Let’s all hope that hopefully next month finally the judge will pass verdict and that it is in favour of DP.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As I said people here are so easy to lie to because they desperately want to believe. Proven all the time.

I'm guilty.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Anyway, a good side effect is that Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders ..... so shows that TBL is still very much of interest with us pinheads and is alive in our thoughts. Selling isn’t the issue, it’s producing them. The proof is there.
Let’s all hope that hopefully next month finally the judge will pass verdict and that it is in favour of DP.

I don't give a **** about TBL as a license but I saw and played the game and it is the best and closest thing to a Bally/ Williams game and what I want in a pinball game yet. The Color DMD is nice-looking while not going overboard (AP lacking most here, but Stern still not great), it has simple but pretty art, it has mechanical innovation (Stern lacks) and it is totally cohesive.
For me TBL as an overall package is way better then any new LCD Stern, JJP or AP and it saddens me that this endeavour never came to real fruition.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't give a **** about TBL as a license but I saw and played the game and it is the best and closest thing to a Bally/ Williams game and what I want in a pinball game yet. The Color DMD is nice-looking while not going overboard (AP lacking most here, but Stern still not great), it has simple but pretty art, it has mechanical innovation (Stern lacks) and it is totally cohesive.
For me TBL as an overall package is way better then any new LCD Stern, JJP or AP and it saddens me that this endeavour never came to real fruition.

Nice to see you don't rate "rules" when it comes to your "total package."

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rules schmules! You play a few balls and if you're not happy with the gameplay, you say: "Fuck it Dude - let's go bowling!" and you send the action to the lower playfield.

And order another "Caucasian" too. Life is good!

#161 5 years ago

I cannot say I'm shocked about Barry's inbox being flooded with orders.

Separating pinball people from their money on games that don't exist might be one of the easiest cons on the planet.

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot say I'm shocked.
Separating pinball people from their money on games that don't exist might be one of the easiest cons on the planet.

Especially 5 years ago before the pre-order ripoff shit hit the fan in the hobby.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

...Barry’s mailbox was flooded with not only undeserved congratulations but als orders ..... so shows that TBL is still very much of interest with us pinheads and is alive in our thoughts. Selling isn’t the issue, it’s producing them. The proof is there.

A-ha: the "rumor" was a plant! A ruse to gauge demand, as leverage in the settlement negotiations...

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

A-ha: the "rumor" was a plant! A ruse to gauge demand, as leverage in the settlement negotiations...

Wow, also a way to look at it, you guessed it direct

It wasn’t a plant for all clearness, just an interesting side effect. But nicely found, I understand now why America is THE no 1 country of inspiracy theories

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I listened to the podcast yesterday morning European time. Talked with Barry who said WTF, where does this news come from?? Unfortunately thus not true.
Than after the second podcast where he told he stood behind his source I reached out to him by phone. I am not on DP salarylist but have very regular contact with Barry so (no bragging intended) know more as the common early achiever. So told him my side of the story and he decided to take the podcast down.
FWIW: he sounded really sincere and truely believed his story. Didn’t make it up himself. Would love to talk with his source just to see where this started. And yes, I know he is an ‘unique’ person and you have to bring some salt when listening to his stories but I consider it as good amusement during car drives

Barry is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

The judge is going to either rule against DP and/or Barry "not the brightest" will work out a "royalty payment" with them before they get their ass kicked in court.

Watch it happen.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

And what $$$ are they going to build these games with? That's hilarious.

They should have settled long ago and now is the time. Take your royaltly on games made with somebody else's money.

Boom, problem solved. Barry needs some quality representation. He obviously has none.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wow, also a way to look at it, you guessed it direct
It wasn’t a plant for all clearness, just an interesting side effect. But nicely found, I understand now why America is THE no 1 country of inspiracy theories

LOL, I promise it was more "American sardonism", meant in a sly, tongue-in-cheek way. I just took the low hanging pitch cuz *someone* was gonna say it; after all, this thread is a veritable tinfoil hat boutique

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That was the Thread opener Rascal giving this "inside info" explicetly to us instead of Kaneda!?

I don't remember that being there initially.. this thread was also created after the podcast was posted. The podcast was posted shortly after 9pm.. this thread was after 10pm

#169 5 years ago

"What's the word on the street, Johnny?"

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Hey here’s a crazy idea. How about Barry come off his private island or rock and talk to the people that gave him money instead of just his BFF support team. Crazy I know but it’s not only an American thing to wonder where there money went and what is happening to there investment. So glad You get to talk to him weekly Really helps Nobody really. The only updates he shares other then rumors are when he has the sniffles or a booboo.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey here’s a crazy idea. How about Barry come off his private island or rock and talk to the people that gave him money instead of just his BFF support team. Crazy I know but it’s not only an American thing to wonder where there money went and what is happening to there investment. So glad You get to talk to him weekly Really helps Nobody really. The only updates he shares other then rumors are when he has the sniffles or a booboo.

Well I’m thinking not all people are going to like the final resolution. But hey, at this point, 100% of NOTHING is still NOTHING

It will happen and those games in the warehouse will get sold soon

It’s just common sense people. The lawyers have already had their way with both sides.

Now they settle

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Exactly. We don't need Rensh, the Barry whisperer. Tell those fuck-up cowards to come out of their hiding hole and face the people who gave them money and have NO IDEA WTF is going on.

#173 5 years ago

Auction off the games, let AP
Or CGC build 2000 pins and take care of the customers that supported them with money or a game !

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is ultimately the issue.

And what’s astounding is that people were actually contacting him with new order inquiries???!?!? Man, pinheads are dumb as rocks.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This is ultimately the issue.
And what’s astounding is that people were actually contacting him with new order inquiries???!?!? Man, pinheads are dumb as rocks.

Ok while possible lets quantify Who said that and his proven credibility. I sense more self promotion which DP did well.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Auction off the games, let AP
Or CGC build 2000 pins and take care of the customers that supported them with money or a game !

Well that's coming

Why on earth would anyone believe a thing that comes out of Barry's lying mouth?

Barry the dope will be sitting back doing whatever he does now as TBL gets remade

#177 5 years ago

Dying to know who Kaneda's source was for this rumor that he would bet his podcast on it. Unless there wasn't one and he just wanted the attention.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Dying to know who Kaneda's source was for this rumor that he would bet his podcast on it. Unless there wasn't one and he just wanted the attention.

My money is on Barry. One last self promotion before the spotlight goes out on this failed fantasy...

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Unless there wasn't one and he just wanted the attention.

INCONCEIVABLE
inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpginconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg

#180 5 years ago

25k in the box ! Somebody will make it

#181 5 years ago

Long live PHIL. Thank you brother!

#182 5 years ago

Here's where our fucking money went. Apparently when you owe millions you take yourself on holidays and sit your ass down and have a great time on the back of others!

Screenshot_20190320-222651_Messenger (1) (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190320-222651_Messenger (1) (resized).jpg
#183 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I guess I should ask for a refund on the Kaneda insider program, which was a whole zero dollars and zero cents.

Still far too much.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Here's where our fucking money went. Apparently when you owe millions you take yourself on holidays and sit your ass down and have a great time on the back of others!
[quoted image]

not a good look, however in the context of him just having finished chemo/cancer treatments, and the company in limbo waiting for a verdict from a judge(i.e., there might be little to actually do at the moment).. it might be what id do as well

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

[quoted image]

At least his view won’t let the mind escape TBL.

23A126D8-7E86-4393-8D7D-5143E06357EA (resized).png23A126D8-7E86-4393-8D7D-5143E06357EA (resized).png80FFD73F-5445-4B3D-A05F-2A767ADAC912 (resized).png80FFD73F-5445-4B3D-A05F-2A767ADAC912 (resized).png

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not a good player and for me "rules" (or "depth") are for the home collector who want's to discover something new, even after months of owning.

That's fair I think and in that regard Munsters may be a better on Location game and Star Wars more for the Die Hard home owner.

I get that and it's the same for me to a degree. But I much rather have a bowling alley in my game and shoot a rug that gets me smiling every time than some audioclip I unlocked.

#187 5 years ago

When will this rollercoaster end?

#188 5 years ago

The sad thing about this, is that the game absolutely rocks. In terms of the playfield, the game supersedes any pinball machine made in a loooooong time. All things considered. Shots layout, toys/mechs, build quality/attention to detail and graphics design. Sad sad sad indeed.

Plus this is the perfect! size, aspect ratio and placement of a pinball screen. They nailed that one too.

If anything gone wrong with the game itself, it is the under playfield bowling game. Looks to be too excessive cost to what it brings. Who ever from DP suggesting this to be an XXXX edition upgrade should have won that argument.

Still hoping.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Plus this is the perfect! size, aspect ratio and placement of a pinball screen. They nailed that one too.

Indeed!

#190 5 years ago

I apologize for asking this again. but a poster mentioned TBL suffered from unrepairable board issues of either over or under voltage (may have been a typo there). I was understanding TBL was multimorphic P-roc based.or is it the newer p3-roc based. Second question, if it's multimorphic hardware, why are there board issues, are there custom boards also?

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I apologize for asking this again. but a poster mentioned TBL suffered from unrepairable board issues of either over or under voltage (may have been a typo there). I was understanding TBL was multimorphic P-roc based.or is it the newer p3-roc based. Second question, if it's multimorphic hardware, why are there board issues, are there custom boards also?

It is P3-ROC based but also has a load of custom boards. I did have to replace the P3-ROC a bit over a year ago but apart from that I haven't had any other board issues. Hoping that continues.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

but a poster mentioned TBL suffered from unrepairable board issues of either over or under voltage (may have been a typo there).

There are a lot of armchair electrical engineers around here.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There are a lot of armchair electrical engineers around here.

Yeah but there are also a lot of actual Electrical Engineers around here so IF there is an issue its almost a guarantee one of them will come up with a fix.

#194 5 years ago

Wow. Great community here. Right now tbl is on my win lottery to buy list. I just want to know what challenges the game has. A lot of helpful people here that’s what I like about the pinball community.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

danke you goof... you already play with me :p
Besides, I had plenty of TBL to reach my fill on the OG's game... burningman

Haha I know. I was trying to channel some blazing saddles. I heard K is gonna announce that it's going into production on his next poocast.

#196 5 years ago

Found a pic of the production boards in an old NSNL. From memory mine looks exactly like this.

Lebowski Boards (resized).jpgLebowski Boards (resized).jpg

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Haha I know. I was trying to channel some blazing saddles. I heard K is gonna announce that it's going into production on his next poocast.

You need to edit your post to say "I heard FROM A SOURCE that K is gonna announce.......". It makes it soooo much more believable!

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Found a pic of the production boards in an old NSNL. From memory mine looks exactly like this.
[quoted image]

Ok. Now I get it. They spent money on a custom driver board that saved on assembly. But. If the code could be cracked one could easily edit the config file yaml and retrofit all p3 drivers that are reliable.

#199 5 years ago

How much do you all think the mini bowler added to the BOM? Could have easily removed it has no effect on the actual PF gameplay.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

How much do you all think the mini bowler added to the BOM? Could have easily removed it has no effect on the actual PF gameplay.

Could have replaced it with a bowling video mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-/page/4?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.