inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

I don't think this news is bullshit, just my guess though. K may be wrong about the timing. If you've been following the news ARA was looking for a resolution to the whole debacle for a while already....who knows maybe the worked something out.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can this thread be locked? We don't need false reports circulating....

Quoted from thewool:

Shame... lock this thread down the toilet mods.

This may be BS but locking a Pinside thread for speculation LOL

#103 5 years ago

Kman sounded a little saucy if you know what I mean. I wouldn’t get too excited unless games are at distributors.

#104 5 years ago

Wait, what happened to Hilton? I'm more interested in that.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

He already has the best podcast and TWIPY to prove it so there is no need for him to make up fake news. He got some bad information and was wrong. Shit happens. I'll still listen because he isn't scared to say something negative about a game or company unlike all the other podcasts.

You Sir are going to burn in hell for that comment

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game is garbage. It's the FIAT of pinball. It breaks all the time.
And yet people want to pre-order again at the slightest whiff of a rumor.
Pinball hobbyists ain't right in the head.

What are you basing this from? Mine has had zero issues.

#107 5 years ago

It is good entertainment that is for sure

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Wait, what happened to Hilton? I'm more interested in that.

He got a 30 day ban for trolling in the Beatles thread

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My idea was always to have daily posting limits from Wisconsin IP adddreses. Saves moderator work.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

lmao! awesome!

#111 5 years ago

Podcast was taken down because it's not happening

#112 5 years ago

He backtracked on everything re TBL

Someone get a tattoo artist on the line

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I hope this is true big lebowski is one of my favorite movies and one of my all time dream themes.

Same here. I am incredibly excited that there will be one to play at TPF this weekend.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Same here. I am incredibly excited that there will be one to play at TPF this weekend.

Report back after you’ve played it. I was so excited to play it at Allentown a few years ago and was completely underwhelmed. Unfortunately, an excellent theme doesn’t always make a game great.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Good.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Report back after you’ve played it. I was so excited to play it at Allentown a few years ago and was completely underwhelmed. Unfortunately, an excellent theme doesn’t always make a game great.

I tried to play it at Allentown a few years ago and every time(3) I'd get in line it would break down while someone was playing and they'd send everyone away. Got to play a few games of BOP 2.0 though

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's wrong with it?

Initially, the major problems were with the bowling assembly. Overall unreliable and lightweight construction. It reminded me of the Zombie League All Stars running man unit as far as metal quality. Then parts starting breaking on this lower assembly with no replacements, but were improvised as needed or fabricated. This was beyond the plastic bowling pins, which were an easy fix. Next there were failures on onboard components, that were correctable due to lack of overvoltage problem, despite lack of spares. Unfortunately, continued board logic problems led to inability to easily diagnose issues as there are no supplied full schematics or detailed diagnostics guides. Ultimately, the game was shelved as it was not worth pursuing corrections for technicians without these documents. Basic cost analysis for time spent. Game over. The game lasted under 6 months on a central route location with very close, daily oversight.

DP already knew about design conundrums before the whole ARA debacle went down because the problems were formally reported, but there was no assistance. DP was already up to their knickers trying to climb out of the hole they dug in mid-2017 after the initial first shipment. I would be suspicious of anything said with reporting, especially a redesigned game that was truly fit for any construction contract. Why? DP had no real money ever again for redesign. Unless they have discovered a wealthy investor, they never will as they should "frontload" court costs, lawyer fees, settling fees, and their overall debt FIRST.

6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg

#118 5 years ago

For those who don’t subscribe to his channel. He has retracted his statements and apologized as well as taken the episode down. He got bad info.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

For those who don’t subscribe to his channel. He has retracted his statements and apologized as well as taken the episode down. He got bad info.

lol

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game is garbage. It's the FIAT of pinball. It breaks all the time.
And yet people want to pre-order again at the slightest whiff of a rumor.
Pinball hobbyists ain't right in the head.

Clearly the game is mechanically unreliable. But it IS a great game, with a great layout, code, theme, music, callouts, integration, toys and mechs, art, etc. If it were ever produced reliably it would be a hit, not because it’s a rare game but because it is a great game.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Initially, the major problems were with the bowling assembly. Overall unreliable and lightweight construction. It reminded me of the Zombie League All Stars running man unit as far as metal quality. Then parts starting breaking on this lower assembly with no replacements, but were improvised as needed or fabricated. This was beyond the plastic bowling pins, which were an easy fix. Next there were failures on onboard components, that were correctable due to lack of overvoltage problem, despite lack of spares. Unfortunately, continued board logic problems led to inability to easily diagnose issues as there are no supplied full schematics or detailed diagnostics guides. Ultimately, the game was shelved as it was not worth pursuing corrections for technicians without these documents. Basic cost analysis for time spent. Game over. The game lasted under 6 months on a central route location with very close, daily oversight.
DP already knew about design conundrums before the whole ARA debacle went down because the problems were formally reported, but there was no assistance. DP was already up to their knickers trying to climb out of the hole they dug. I would be suspicious of anything said with reporting, especially a redesigned game that was truly fit for any construction contract. Why? DP had no real money ever again for redesign. Unless they have discovered a wealthy investor, they never will as first they would need to pay court costs, lawyer fees, settling fees, and their debt.

The bowling alley seems to come up as something that breaks often and is difficult to fix. Haven’t heard many say the bash car or the rug were ongoing headaches. Now the boards you mention, are there replacements or any schematics to help fix now? Any project pinballers working to polish code?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Shame on me for trusting his "news" and posting that "my game was finally coming" accordingly on Pinside.

Shame on Kaneda for representing this info as an absolute sure thing without checking it first. SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The bowling alley seems to come up as something that breaks often and is difficult to fix. Haven’t heard many say the bash car or the rug were ongoing headaches. Now the boards you mention, are there replacements or any schematics to help fix now? Any project pinballers working to polish code?

I have no knowledge of anyone working on the game code. There are no replacement boards available. No additional schematics were released. No formal "technical bulletins", unless DP reported something here I missed. Their website never included a functional support page. No supplemented boards to correct problems were engineered. Minimal replacement game specific parts presently available. In the case of this particular machine, it was used commercially, so the owner is not invested in maintaining the game for "pinball history" per say. Eventually, it will either be fixed if someone in the pinball community steps forward with added work, sold off as an oddity, or stay in storage.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Shame on me for trusting his "news" and posting that "my game was finally coming" accordingly on Pinside.
Shame on Kaneda for representing this info as an absolute sure thing without checking it first. SO DISAPPOINTING!!!

Yeah, that sucks. I'm sure he thought it was true, but his arrogant, asshole manner of delivering this "news" as if he was some kind of hero while trying to ridicule Martin from head 2 head podcast for their research makes it more difficult to cut him slack -- no wonder he took the podcast down. I get that talking up rumors is a big part of his show and that's fine, but man did he get full of himself over this one.

Still, I wish he had been right so you guy would have got your game.

#125 5 years ago

Post deleted

#126 5 years ago

I feel for ya @tuna_delight. You probably even dreamed about opening your TBL last night. I’d send you my toe if I thought it would help ease the pain of being twice stung. It’s time now, you are going to have to let TBL go. Make a clean break by writing it off completely. It’s for the best.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Mine too! Couple tweaks and it's been great minus a couple software bugs. Hopefully those can get sorted and EA's will finally get to enjoy this gem of pinball. Nothing I've bought NIB in the past couple years even comes close to the quality of TBL. Where the dimples at?
Sorry all
[quoted image]

Just for the record... I was referring to
BOP 2.0.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Mine too! Couple tweaks and it's been great minus a couple software bugs. Hopefully those can get sorted and EA's will finally get to enjoy this gem of pinball. Nothing I've bought NIB in the past couple years even comes close to the quality of TBL. Where the dimples at?
Sorry all
[quoted image]

The lighting shows them best around the Corvette. Please note: not dannylite's machine, another TBL.

tbl.jpgtbl.jpg

#129 5 years ago

Kaneda feels like shit for having to walk back his TBL statements. I’m sure he’s not too pleased with his source either. However, he did the right thing by taking the podcast down and then put up one in its place and gave even more insight into upcoming releases. Even if his predictions are all wrong it’s still damn entertaining to listen to.

#130 5 years ago

I played TBL today for the first time and I loved it. I’m a sucker for themes but I liked the flow, the music, the call outs and the bowling is a nice little bonus. It’s a shame. I’d love to have one in my collection one day. Hopefully they figure it out.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I have no knowledge of anyone working on the game code. There are no replacement boards available. No additional schematics were released. No formal "technical bulletins", unless DP reported something here I missed. Their website never included a functional support page. No supplemented boards to correct problems were engineered. Minimal replacement game specific parts presently available. In the case of this particular machine, it was used commercially, so the owner is not invested in maintaining the game for "pinball history" per say. Eventually, it will either be fixed if someone in the pinball community steps forward with added work, sold off as an oddity, or stay in storage.

I’m confused about the boards not being avalible. I thought the control system was multimorphic p-roc system. If it is. The pc and boards can be an easy fix. Update to the cheaper p3-roc system and go. Plus knowing the code. It’s one file to change to adapt the addressing to changebout the boards. Please correct me if I’m wrong. I’d still love to get a “broke” game to diagnose and work on eventually play for a bit. If they ever come out reasonable I’ll definitely want to buy one.
Would make some good videos for my YouTube channel.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Kaneda feels like shit for having to walk back his TBL statements. I’m sure he’s not too pleased with his source either. However, he did the right thing by taking the podcast down and then put up one in its place and gave even more insight into upcoming releases. Even if his predictions are all wrong it’s still damn entertaining to listen to.

Cool, I'm just wondering if I can change my TWIPY vote?

#133 5 years ago

With how much interest and people jumping at the opportunity after hearing a little rumor it just makes it more and more of a shame that this project failed. What a waste.

#134 5 years ago

Last night I told my son I might actually be able to get a Big Lebowski pinball . . . He said dad I have not seen you happy in so long . . .

FYI - I own an arcade with about 20 pins and I get the "Has anyone ever told you look like. . . The Dude . . . Jeff Bridges . . . Big Lebowski . . . about twice a week . . . .

This has been on my radar for years . . . I realize EAs have lost $$ (and a few made $$$) . . . but my hope is one day they come to fruition . . .

Right now I'm headed to the pinball and bourbon page to drown my sorrows . . .

Still holding out hope that one day this becomes a reality . . .

The Dude (resized).jpgThe Dude (resized).jpg
#135 5 years ago

It'll get made again at some point by someone. It's too good not to. The interest and game are there. easy peasy pinball at it again.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but the post above is certainly a possibility. If the deal isn’t quite done yet or if the were going to announce this at TPF they would not admit to it now.

Texas Pinball Festival is almost here. Let's wait and see if anything gets revealed.
I feel for any pinball guys that have money tied up in TBL and are on the emotional rollercoaster about all of this.

#137 5 years ago

@prinzfred if you're ever in Baltimore look me up and you can check out my TBL but I don't want the flynnibus or the rarehero... Awwwe prairie shit! Everybody!

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

If all he did was make these predictions and was wrong it would be no big deal -- I might never take his predictions seriously again, but so what, it's not like these were troll rumors, he really believed them (taking down the podcast shows this). But that's not really all he did -- he acted like a self-important, bullying, douche. Honestly, never has so little "power" gone to somebody's head faster. I guess if that's what entertains you so be it. He puts out tons of contents, so I can see why people listen (and he does have a talent for this) but the way he shits on people is not okay in my book.

#139 5 years ago

Happy to write a check for one of those 40 or so pins

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I actually call my son a Baltimoron,

Classic term around here. I guess that's why I love it. Bring the whole family, lots of pins to play but lebowski is special. (I'll let the Ravens bit slide)

#142 5 years ago

that'll teach ya to listen to some ……………..

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Happy to write a check for one of those 40 or so pins

Oh, they take checks?! Well in that case where do I send it? I’ll send someone $35,000 for a TBL.

#144 5 years ago

I guess the moral of the story is that it's a bummer that it's not all true -- Alien and Big Lebowski would have been incredible. Below is a pretty cool stream on the Big Lebowski:

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I guess the moral of the story is

Kaneda listeners get bamboozled once again.

“Take it to the bank, a’right.”

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

@prinzfred if you're ever in Baltimore look me up and you can check out my TBL but I don't want the flynnibus or the rarehero... Awwwe prairie shit! Everybody!

danke you goof... you already play with me :p

Besides, I had plenty of TBL to reach my fill on the OG's game... burningman

#147 5 years ago

Donnie... please...

#148 5 years ago

Wait, the rumor starts here and now it's Kanedas fault?

Sorry, you may think of him what you want (and most of it may be true) but first it's the same "I want to believe" head over heels reaction as always, as if we've never learned anything of Skit-B, Zidware, Heighway etc. and second altough being blatantly wrong presenting us 'facts' without checking and blowing it out in the open I 'believe' it's more enthusiasm for the hobby more then the rest.

(And he's not wrong the first time, so something as highly unlikely as this has to be taken with more then one grain of salt.)

#149 5 years ago

Someone needs to modify the title of this thread to speculation or just heard they aren’t coming out again.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wait, the rumor starts here and now it's Kanedas fault?
Sorry, you may think of him what you want (and most of it may be true) but first it's the same "I want to believe" head over heels reaction as always, as if we've never learned anything of Skit-B, Zidware, Heighway etc. and second altough being blatantly wrong presenting us 'facts' without checking and blowing it out in the open I 'believe' it's more enthusiasm for the hobby more then the rest.
(And he's not wrong the first time, so something as highly unlikely as this has to be taken with more then one grain of salt.)

As I said people here are so easy to lie to because they desperately want to believe. Proven all the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.