inconceivable-wallace-shawn-princess-bride-800x500 (resized).jpg
The Dude (resized).jpg
tbl.jpg
6194179280e046fb94becdad5fb08a17lg (resized).jpg
IMG_5082 (resized).JPG
c2844bbd4d4c6d391da15902338f8be559bdccc7 (resized).jpg
5376CEBF-DD5F-48C7-B255-5A22BBF7E166 (resized).png
2CB9EA5B-59C0-4AF5-A40D-7B7C4C502B54 (resized).jpeg
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago

Can this thread be locked? We don't need false reports circulating....

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I wonder if Mr Pinball will be distributing this awesome game if the games get produced again?

You Maybe have been in my warehouse without my permission

#53 5 years ago

Shame... lock this thread down the toilet mods.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Entirely possible that Kaneda has bad intel, as he’s had before. Still, if Dutch has a confidentiality agreement with ARA or they’re planning a reveal at TPF, they may have to keep it under wraps and a white lie to their friends would be justified. Hopeful thinking, but we’ll find out soon enough.

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but the post above is certainly a possibility. If the deal isn’t quite done yet or if the were going to announce this at TPF they would not admit to it now.

#55 5 years ago

Until we here something directly from DP or ARA it’s all speculation....i think we need to hear from an actual entity tied to this situation. Maybe this will force them out of their hole!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but the post above is certainly a possibility. If the deal isn’t quite done yet or if the were going to announce this at TPF they would not admit to it now.

Kaneda did say that DP isn't going to reveal the news yet. If that's true then someone simply asking them the question right now will probably not get an honest response.

#57 5 years ago

Well, I just heard ---- a giant fart ---- actually coming out of my ass!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If this is true, it's another reason not to mention it. Breaking the news on this story, before the principles allow it, only to gain a few moments of recognition, but risk messing with a deal that could finally bring games to paid customers is irresponsible at best.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Kaneda did say that DP isn't going to reveal the news yet. If that's true then someone simply asking them the question right now will probably not get an honest response.

This sounds about right. If there's games that have been produced and sitting in storage somewhere, I assumed that eventually something would be resolved in some fashion. There may be some truth to this news, but believe it is probably too premature to break any real news yet.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can this thread be locked? We don't need false reports circulating....

How do you know it's false?

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

If it was true though I would expect a "we don't comment on rumors or speculation" type comment to Pinball News Magazine rather then a flat out "no".

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's wrong with it?

It was built by amateurs with no experience in mechanical or electronic pinball design and manufacture.

It's a heap. It will always be a heap.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

How do you know it's false?

cause people with preorder money that's been tied up for years asked directly and were told that its not true. at this very very late stage of the game it would be a super dick move to lie about it with preorder customers that have been left hanging this long.

it is thus more likely kaneda likes to stir shit or has some ulterior motive

#64 5 years ago

Ugh I got my hopes up. I should have known something was up when he said Hilton was permanently banned from pinside too.

#65 5 years ago

All of the sudden people think Barry and Jopp are telling the truth........

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

All of the sudden people think Barry and Jopp are telling the truth........

Lol agreed!

#67 5 years ago

love the rumor mill right now. Who's telling the truth????!!!

#68 5 years ago

Wouldn't the license have expired by now anyway?

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

cause people with preorder money that's been tied up for years asked directly and were told that its not true. at this very very late stage of the game it would be a super dick move to lie about it with preorder customers that have been left hanging this long.
it is thus more likely kaneda likes to stir shit or has some ulterior motive

There may be legal reasons why they cannot disclose that information right now.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

There may be legal reasons why they cannot disclose that information right now.

This could be true too. Time will tell.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Sadly, fake news
I texted with Barry yesterday about whether there was any news. Overnight the news was launched. I checked again with Barry this morning. He says he has no idea where the news is coming from, but it's not true.

Now you've confirmed the announcement is fake, this episode leads me to believe someone punked Kaneda with a story he desperately wanted to be true. They probably did it because they could and they chose Kaneda because he's gullible and doesn't require much proof before running with a story. Either way, the story was reported and turns out to be pure horseshit.

In hindsight, two things about the leak were suspicious. First, there was no detail on whether the games would go to EA's or be sold, in spite of that being the first question on people's minds. Second was the news 70 games were available. It has been widely speculated that 50 was the number of games built and that there was definitely not enough left over parts to build any more complete games. Also all games were reportedly built and stored in crates in an area of the factory that was otherwise clean of spare Lebowski stuff. Of course that info was suspect too, but the leaker chose to ignore it and claim 70 games were built, and that didn't smell right.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Now you've confirmed the announcement is fake, this episode leads me to believe someone punked Kaneda with a story he desperately wanted to be true. They probably did it only because they could and chose Kaneda because he's gullible and doesn't require much proof before running with a story.
In hindsight, two things about the leak were suspicious. First, there was no detail on whether the games would go to EA's or be sold, in spite of that being the first question on people's minds. The other was news of 70 games being available. It has always been reported that 50 was the number of games built and there was definitely not enough left over parts to build another 20. Also that all games were built and stored in crates in area of the factory that was otherwise clean of spare Lebowski stuff. Of course that info was suspect too, but the leaker chose to ignore it and claim 70 games were built and that didn't smell right.

Or he just made it up to get no less than 4 threads talking about his podcast.

#73 5 years ago

Obviously this is all bullshit and misdirection.

I can't reveal my source but it's likely DP will be premiering BOP 3.0 at TPF.

#74 5 years ago

When it says buy now ! Let me know
No deposits, no pre orders no dice

Happy to tell them
I want one but noooooo $$$$$$$$$

#75 5 years ago

I have more hopes for Kingpin !

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Or he just made it up to get no less than 4 threads talking about his podcast.

He already has the best podcast and TWIPY to prove it so there is no need for him to make up fake news. He got some bad information and was wrong. Shit happens. I'll still listen because he isn't scared to say something negative about a game or company unlike all the other podcasts.

#77 5 years ago

I'm more amazed at how many people actually listen to that crotch stain.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

he's entertaining; you just can't take his shit too seriously.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

He already has the best podcast and TWIPY to prove it so there is no need for him to make up fake news. He got some bad information and was wrong. Shit happens. I'll still listen because he isn't scared to say something negative about a game or company unlike all the other podcasts.

This...you need to pick and choose a bit what you believe when it comes to breaking news, but his content on the state of the industry and how to launch a game is usually on point. As far as the other podcasts go, I can't deal with 3 hours of two guys stroking each others egos, getting completely off the subject of Pinball for half an hour or more, and refusing to take anything less than a "every game is great" stance because they are afraid of upsetting a manufacturer. There is a reason K consistently has the top rated podcast. He's toned down the bragging about his car and clothes, but still slips them in every once in a while. And the begging for Patreon thing is back again. But you have to take the good with the bad, I guess.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was built by amateurs

Loads of successful amateurs all around pinball.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

with no experience in mechanical or electronic pinball design

Well, this did have the acclaimed BOP 2.0 under their belt.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and manufacture.

So they hired guys for this. Still no official ruling, so these guys might (likewise) be bad guys.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

People who say this usually listen to each episode twice.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Loads of successful amateurs all around pinball.

Well, this did have the acclaimed BOP 2.0 under their belt.

So they hired guys for this. Still no official ruling, so these guys might (likewise) be bad guys.

The game is garbage. It's the FIAT of pinball. It breaks all the time.

And yet people want to pre-order again at the slightest whiff of a rumor.

Pinball hobbyists ain't right in the head.

#83 5 years ago

Probably would be best to rename the thread and add “[Speculation]” or “ - untrue” or “BIG FAT LIE”

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Obviously this is all bullshit and misdirection.
I can't reveal my source but it's likely DP will be premiering BOP 3.0 at TPF.

This is fake news.

They will be premiering BOP 3.1 (per my sources)

#85 5 years ago

WTF. I hate this thread so much. Very undudelike. Way to get a bunch of people's hopes up for your own attention needs.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Ugh I got my hopes up. I should have known something was up when he said Hilton was permanently banned from pinside too.

Why did he get banned? I missed this...not that i disagree.

#87 5 years ago

When did he say permanent? I heard him say 30 days.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

When did he say permanent? I heard him say 30 days.

Maybe I misheard, but I thought that's what he said.

#89 5 years ago

Believing anything you hear with April 1st just around the corner is always a good way to have a bad time.

#90 5 years ago

Maybe I misheard, but I thought that's what he said.

You misheard.

#91 5 years ago

Hm, if only Barry & Jaap hadn’t abandoned the people who trusted them and gave them millions...if only they didn’t hide like cowards....maybe we wouldn’t have to salivate on rumors and get people’s hopes up who’ve been out $8500 for years.

Anything shitty that happens in LebowskiLand is squarely on them until they stop acting like fucking amateurs.

#92 5 years ago

Wow, that podcast. I think we got a little window into the drink throwing, "big Ern is above the law," Kaneda from that NY pinball tournament.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Wow, that podcast. I think we got a little window into the drink throwing, "big Ern is above the law," Kaneda from that NY pinball tournament.

He gave up drinking for lent. I think this is the “sober-for-too-long-Chris gets even more bonkers than drunk-Chris”

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was built by amateurs with no experience in mechanical or electronic pinball design and manufacture.
It's a heap. It will always be a heap.

Okaaay. That's the big picture answer, I guess. I was looking for what was actually specifically wrong with the one in the picture.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I knew there had to be a reason 2 or 3 of them magically showed up FS this month

I’m sure the would be sellers have absolutely no idea whatsoever...

#96 5 years ago

Not only is he doubling down, but now he's also saying Alien will be retooled and built by CGC.

Either people get more games built to enjoy or we get Hilton's name tattooed on Chris's butt. Either way, we all win.

#97 5 years ago

He seems to be right, just wait till the weekend.

#98 5 years ago

People never learn about Kaneda.

When he gets brought up the only thing I can think of is the kool aid man. Loud, in your face, empty calories and no nutritional value.

For people who are out $ I hope this is true but I would just sit back and wait for "real" confirmation.

IMG_5082 (resized).JPGIMG_5082 (resized).JPG

He did break j-pop's finishing and sending out those games to shut down the lawsuits though.

#99 5 years ago

Whichever way it goes, we know someone is going to have to eat their words after this weekend.

#100 5 years ago

If this is true, people will be lining up to buy, and even pre-order again. We never learn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 234 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-heard-that-the-big-lebowski-is-actually-coming-out-/page/2?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.