(Topic ID: 51818)

I just got my electric bill....................

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPL rate.JPG
    20140912_162701.jpg
    20140912_162550.jpg
    PPL.JPG
    superbusinesscard.jpg
    20130412_081232.jpg
    DukePowerBill.jpg
    Capture.JPG
    DSCN1522.JPG
    image.jpg
    tumblr_ly5g6xs85C1qzmvmbo1_500.gif
    2.PNG
    coolballs.jpg
    Capture.PNG
    DSCN0130.JPG
    DSCN0310.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 9 years ago

I thought I was doing good at $190 last month. Just switched out all my bulbs to LED and am about to install solar screens on my sun facing windows. Maybe I can get it down to $150....

#182 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Mine has been $750 per month for the last 3 months!

Bitcoin farming??

#193 9 years ago

Do any of you guys using solar have any experience with Dow Solar Shingles?

Thanks

3 weeks later
    #195 9 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I thought I was doing good at $190 last month. Just switched out all my bulbs to LED and am about to install solar screens on my sun facing windows. Maybe I can get it down to $150....

$154 this month. I was close. Think that is a record low for us in this house. Still need to do the solar screens, but not in such a rush now that it has cooled off.

#201 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I got about 2 dozen spotlight recessed ceiling (incandescent) type bulbs,
    in my finished basement (gameroom) and kitchen.
    I want to switch over to LED, but shopping around they ain't cheap.
    anywhere from $12-25 per bulb.
    Anyone know where i can buy in bulk for cheap, hopefully for <$10 per bulb?
    How long before you think the price will drop to $5 per bulb?

I often find deals on on LEDs at www.slickdeals.net . Most of the bulbs in my home are Osrams from a Lowe's deal last month. Think I paid about $2.50 for the 40 watt equivalents and ~$4 for the 60 watt equivalents. They are very nice bulbs even though I've never heard of the company. You can also find really good deals on ebay from people in highly subsidized areas of the country. They buy them and resell to us poor souls who are forced to use Duke Energy (Duke doesn't subsidize shi* in Florida).

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I feel like most of the solar install companies are a complete rip-off...
    (example: 40-50k for a system when it's only 15-20k in parts).

I'm seriously considering getting a new roof with Dow solar shingles if they qualify for my local power companies solar subsidy. Between that and the federal tax credit that ends in 2016, I could have a solar system and a new roof for only a few grand more than a traditional roof.

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

My bill makes me sick. I've converted all my bulbs to LED, but it's still high. I'm frugal with the AC, and generally don't think I use much ... But then there's the Jacuzzi. I'm convinced that MFer is seriously costing me $100+ alone every month. Sales guy told me $10/month ... Geez.

I really miss Florida Power. They showed your usage online in near real time. You could really nail down which devices were eating the power.

#229 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Most of the models sold at HD and Lowes are on the lower end of LED technology so that the manufacturer can hit the mandated price points of these big box stores.

These are the ones I got from Lowe's last month. I'm totally pleased so far and got them cheap enough that if they don't last their expected lifetime, I'm not sweating it. I've had so many CFLs die a premature death, no way I'm spending more than $4 or $5 for any light bulb. Even at my price point, it wasn't exactly cheap to do a whole house swap.

http://www.cnet.com/products/osram-60w-replacement-led/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-got-my-electric-bill?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.