(Topic ID: 51818)

I just got my electric bill....................

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPL rate.JPG
    20140912_162701.jpg
    20140912_162550.jpg
    PPL.JPG
    superbusinesscard.jpg
    20130412_081232.jpg
    DukePowerBill.jpg
    Capture.JPG
    DSCN1522.JPG
    image.jpg
    tumblr_ly5g6xs85C1qzmvmbo1_500.gif
    2.PNG
    coolballs.jpg
    Capture.PNG
    DSCN0130.JPG
    DSCN0310.JPG
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

My electricity bill is nominal, haven't seen a penny difference since getting four machines. Although, yes, I turn them off when I'm not playing them or having people over (which is less frequent that I wish).

and isn't our electricity at 7 cents per kwh?

#52 10 years ago

Don't lie O-din I know you still have one of those old fashioned electric meters and you flip it upside down each night... Yeah that used to work back in the old days, It was just like empty calories until you get caught!

#53 10 years ago

500+ a month???? I hope you guys are growing marijuana.

Mine is 60ish in winter 100ish in the summer.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's how I checked mine, with my Kill a Watt, although I did not get Craftsman....

Well, mine did pull 77W when I first plugged it into the Kill-A-Watt, but then I waited for the light bulb to turn off!

#56 10 years ago

What are you guys Amish? Wow, how can you not use $300-500 per month....

#57 10 years ago

My electric bill last month was $67. Last summer was the highest at $228 when it was 103 degrees for the whole month of July. Stove, water heater, heat is all gas and averages $50/month, usually under $30 except in winter. I live 3 miles from a TVA dam though, so our rates are pretty low.

#58 10 years ago

I think this is pretty funny.

State Low-Income Assistance Fee $3.15
    Energy (798 kWh x $.138160/kWh) $110.25

Paying $3.15 a month for those who don't pay their bill.
    And paying 13.8160 cents per kWh.Next month it will be 13.8161 which is why they have the 0 there already, so your used to seeing a 6 digit number

#59 10 years ago

10,000-11,000 Kw avg per year at avg $.10-.12 per Kwh = $1000.00 - $1200.00 Pool and dehumidifier run it up in the summer though. Still beats gasoline yearly cost price though.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I live 3 miles from a TVA dam though, so our rates are pretty low.

Ah the old Tennessee Valley Authority. Sometime I really miss living in Knoxville.

#61 10 years ago

Heating the house w/just a pellet stove runs about $20.00 per winter month 24/7 - *6 months out of the year. Pretty efficient little motors in them. Just the stove cost not the rest which is all the + other electrical drain which avg out about $60 total bill w/pellet stove

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There are a lot of parasitic draws on your electric bill that people overlook.
    Every GFI is sucking power all the time - you can trip them until you need them.
    Your cell phone charger is sucking power even with the phone unplugged.
    Your ancient VCR that you leave in your rack "in case somebody brings a tape over" is chewing up 20w while off.
    Your cable or sat box is drawing 70w (more if you have DVR) all the time, on or off.
    Your garage door openers are eating 65w each, all the time.
    Your microwave and stove are drawing power for the clocks 24/7 (because you don't have enough clocks in the kitchen).
    Everything that turns on with a remote control is sucking power (TV, stereo, Bluray, ceiling fans, VCR, Zinwell).
    Everything that has a "wall wart" is sucking up power, on or off (laptop, cell phone, paper shredder, printer, scanner, router, cable modem, alarm system, kindle)

You might want to consider getting some modern stuff. Most remote driven devices use less than a watt on standby, although it is stupid as shit to have 9 clocks in the kitchen. Cell phone chargers made after 2001 are switching power supplies and that little bit of knowledge and a Fluke tester lightened up my buddies wallet by $100. That being said there are a lot of little things that can add up.

#63 10 years ago

Hey, I just opened the electric bill. It says I owe for 818kwh, at 7.99cents a kilowatt. $70.84 including fees. That is just the electricy, with 7 people in my home. TV's in every bed room, 2 fridges. (No fryer. LOL).

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Wow my pc alone sucks up 25 bucks a month! Why? its running a 1500 watt psu and is over clocked to 7.2ghz under water Triple gtx 580's

I guess I have close to 20 computers always running over here. That's probably a large chunk of my bill.

#65 10 years ago

Not sure on my kw/hr, but my last electrical bill was 37 .01. I have a small house though and live alone, so I'm sure that helps.

#66 10 years ago

12,000 kwh per month or so . The bill is stellar. When it gets over $1k a month, you definitely notice.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, mine did pull 77W when I first plugged it into the Kill-A-Watt, but then I waited for the light bulb to turn off!

Each of mine have two 75w bulbs, one in front and back.

You can't even put in CFL bulbs because the neck of the base won't allow it.

#68 10 years ago

i'd think the refrigerator alone would use more than that. What about the wash machine? that's not gas either.

#69 10 years ago

I forgot about the washer/dryer. My wife does at least 1-2 loads a day, so that adds up as well I'm sure.

I also have a large storage array (16 TB), but I've got it half powered down until I need the space. The machine that it's attached too is also pretty power efficient compared to most servers out there.

#70 10 years ago

I used 753 KWH of electric and 46 CCF of natural gas last month total bill $127.43 which is way below average.I average about $180 per month.

Our power supplier runs a coal fired plant!

#71 10 years ago

I was curious as to what my rate is after seeing some of these numbers, and last month we used 643 KWH and the rate averaged to $0.107. A little more than $2/day to power the house sounds good to me. We've switched a lot of the lights to LEDs and have been using fans/opening the windows more lately instead of running the A/C since it's nice outside. We also turn off lights and pinball machines when not in use, but husband does have a lot of electronics running on standby in the theater so there are ways we could cut it some more if we needed to.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

KWH and the rate averaged to $0.107.

mine was $0.1004913. and gas was $1.125173 per CCF

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

at 7.99cents a kilowatt

seems like a very good rate do you have natural gas up there?

#74 10 years ago

$500's in the winter and $700's in the summer here. Welcome to Ca. This thread is turning my stomach!

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

12,000 kwh per month or so . The bill is stellar. When it gets over $1k a month, you definitely notice.

12,000,000 watts a month. That's what I use in a year. You must have one big arse house.

#76 10 years ago

Our residential rate here is 7.919 cents a kWh. (and it used to be a lot lower not too long ago) Good rates due to our power company being the largest municipal electric utility in the state. Coal fired plant here. Good thing power is pretty cheap, because we use a crapload every month. Lots of supplemental electric heat for half the year doesn't help the bill either....

#77 10 years ago

I figured it out!
    Odin shows on his profile he is in Fullerton Ca.
    His true location does not come up. Odin wants to remain off the Grid.
    Why you ask? Because he is stealing power! Where from you ask?
    I believe,correct me if I'm wrong that Fullerton is in close vicinity of Anaheim Buena Park area.
    I believe Disneyland is located there! They use a s&$t load of power to run that moneymaker!
    They wouldn't miss a few amps of power would they Odin?
    Odin has cleverly tapped into Disney's power supply!
    Odin you have been exposed!

#78 10 years ago

My whole house is electric...everything AC, heat, water heater, the works. Mine is usually low $100s in the spring and fall, about $150 during summer and tops out at $220 in worst month of winter. Guess, all in all, not too bad.

#79 10 years ago

Just looked. I used 458 kWh last month for a bill of $58. Columbus OH.

I have gas stove, furnace, dryer.

#80 10 years ago

I sure consumed my share of juice last night.

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I sure consumed my share of juice last night.

Do you mean juice as in power or juice as in alcohol?
    Or a bit of both!

#82 10 years ago

Yes.

#83 10 years ago

Man, I find this thread comforting in a way. I thought I was the only one paying 500-600 a month in the summer. Three kids, a pool, and two ac units. Wintertime is a little better at 200, but that is still a lot in my opinion. I asked friends and neighbors and they were about half my bill so I thought I was "special". This thread is making me wanna do more conservation somewhere. Led's seems like a better way to go especially with kids who are so religious about turning off lights in the house.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from ebononcini:

Man, I find this thread comforting in a way. I thought I was the only one paying 500-600 a month in the summer. Three kids, a pool, and two ac units. Wintertime is a little better at 200, but that is still a lot in my opinion. I asked friends and neighbors and they were about half my bill so I thought I was "special". This thread is making me wanna do more conservation somewhere. Led's seems like a better way to go especially with kids who are so religious about turning off lights in the house.

I know where your coming from.
    2 Heat Pumps - 1 for the house 1 for the pool
    4 pumps - 1 for pool 3 for fountains
    It goes on and on! I love it when Winter comes!

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Odin has cleverly tapped into Disney's power supply!

Over the years Disney has cleverly tapped into my money supply.

#86 10 years ago

Do you mean juice as in power or juice as in alcohol?
    Or a bit of both!

Odin,
    Is this you getting some juice?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#87 10 years ago

More like this-

slash_drinkin_jack.jpgslash_drinkin_jack.jpg

#88 10 years ago

$21.05 electric bill ?Do you live in an old appliance box with one lightbulb ?

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

$21.05 electric bill ?Do you live in an old appliance box with one lightbulb ?

Right now there are only three things in my house using energy. My fridge, this computer,
    and me.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Right now there are only three things in my house using energy. My fridge, this computer,
    and me.

Nice. I am in my garage, and just running in this room there are eight 48" flourescant tubes, a full size fridge, a rockstar convenience store fridge, the water heater, the garage heat pump, and my laptop (which draws a lot of power).

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Nice. I am in my garage, and just running in this room there are eight 48" flourescant tubes, a full size fridge, a rockstar convenience store fridge, the water heater, the garage heat pump, and my laptop (which draws a lot of power).

I'm coming over to your house!

#92 10 years ago

Odin's place $21.05 per month Odin's view Priceless!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm coming over to your house!

Its a long trip, but you are more than welcome. You are going to be a little disappointed in my pins compared to yours though, lol.

#94 10 years ago

Odin's view Priceless!

close-

DSCN0310.JPGDSCN0310.JPG

#95 10 years ago

You iron out old Kleenex don't you.

Kim

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You iron out old Kleenex don't you.

Kim

Only to polish beautiful examples of vintage games that arrive at my doorstep. DSCN0130.JPGDSCN0130.JPG

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

12,000,000 watts a month. That's what I use in a year. You must have one big arse house.

I've been to Rommy's actually. Nice place, but not palatial. His pin collection is awesome though, CQ Monster Bash, Big Bang, you get the idea. Not sure where 12,000,000 watts a month might come from, except maybe for the AC, that can get expensive in the south.

#98 10 years ago

$9.05 last month here in Phoenix. Our roof is covered in solar panels though.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Only to polish beautiful examples of vintage games that arrive at my doorstep.

man i'd like to get my hands on one of those!

21.00 a month, damn!

we average about $250 a month all year round, wait until i say that to my girl, well... i might not

#100 10 years ago

$17.35 for the YEAR in a 2125sf home... yes, i'm bragging. 7kw solar panel system.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-got-my-electric-bill/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.