(Topic ID: 51818)

I just got my electric bill....................

By o-din

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 229 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mcluvin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PPL rate.JPG
    20140912_162701.jpg
    20140912_162550.jpg
    PPL.JPG
    superbusinesscard.jpg
    20130412_081232.jpg
    DukePowerBill.jpg
    Capture.JPG
    DSCN1522.JPG
    image.jpg
    tumblr_ly5g6xs85C1qzmvmbo1_500.gif
    2.PNG
    coolballs.jpg
    Capture.PNG
    DSCN0130.JPG
    DSCN0310.JPG
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 years ago

$21.05 for last month. Pinball is a fuel efficient hobby.

#2 10 years ago

Led's and turn off when not in use.

#3 10 years ago

$21! O-din!

Don't you cook or turn on the lights or watch tv or have hot water or have a refrigerator or wash your clothes or anything?

Just pinball and metal music?

rd.

#4 10 years ago

Wow, my power bill is routinely 300+.

#5 10 years ago

Do you live in a barn?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Don't you cook or turn on the lights or watch tv or have hot water or have a refrigerator or wash your clothes or anything?

The water heater and appliances are gas. That bill is $14.13. I'm about to open AT+Ts- they'll make up for the others.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Do you live in a barn?

No, but some say I was born in one.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wow, my power bill is routinely 300+.

Do you leave your games on 24/7?

#9 10 years ago

My power/gas/internet/cable are usually 300-350 combined..

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Do you have a windmill?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Do you have a windmill?

No, but I have considered making one.

#12 10 years ago

Someone start a poll -- "what alternative energy source does O-din use to get a $21 power bill?"

Alternatively -- "who is O-din screwing to get a $21 power bill?"

Or "how did O-din alter his electric meter to screw the electric company?"

haha!

rd

#13 10 years ago

Odin = Fred flinstone. Yabba dabba doo!

#14 10 years ago

Wow my pc alone sucks up 25 bucks a month! Why? its running a 1500 watt psu and is over clocked to 7.2ghz under water Triple gtx 580's

#15 10 years ago

OK. You want my secret? Houses are full of parasitic draws like computers, TVs and children. All my electrical devices are on power bars that I switch off when not in use, and my daughter is there only a few days a month, but even she knows how to turn a light off.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Was that an estimated bill or actual?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Do you live in a barn?

NO, but he did stay in a holiday inn last night

#18 10 years ago

My electric bill is always $300+

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Was that an estimated bill or actual?

Actual- It varies from $15 - $30 throughout the year. I have several ceiling fans I like to run when it gets hot.

If your looking to save money and have one of those electric cars (I don't), plug it in while your at work. I'm sure your boss won't mind.

#20 10 years ago

Wow, I'd think someone was playing a joke on me if mine were even close to that! Our home averages about 210-240 a month.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Do you leave your games on 24/7?

No, but I don't think pinball games are impacting my bill very much.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No, but I don't think pinball games are impacting my bill very much.

And that, Wolfmarsh, was the point of this thread.

#23 10 years ago

You guys don't even want to know what my electric bill is like. Between all my computers, DVRs and NAS devices, I probably have about 20 hard drives spinning 24/7. Combine that with the A/C in the summer, and it's just insane! I've started swapping out a lot of the 65-Watt incandescent flood lights throughout my home with 13-Watt LEDs. Once I've converted them all over, that should help quite a bit.

#24 10 years ago

There are a lot of parasitic draws on your electric bill that people overlook.

Every GFI is sucking power all the time - you can trip them until you need them.

Your cell phone charger is sucking power even with the phone unplugged.

Your ancient VCR that you leave in your rack "in case somebody brings a tape over" is chewing up 20w while off.

Your cable or sat box is drawing 70w (more if you have DVR) all the time, on or off.

Your garage door openers are eating 65w each, all the time.

Your microwave and stove are drawing power for the clocks 24/7 (because you don't have enough clocks in the kitchen).

Everything that turns on with a remote control is sucking power (TV, stereo, Bluray, ceiling fans, VCR, Zinwell).

Everything that has a "wall wart" is sucking up power, on or off (laptop, cell phone, paper shredder, printer, scanner, router, cable modem, alarm system, kindle)

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There are a lot of parasitic draws on your electric bill that people overlook.
    Every GFI is sucking power all the time - you can trip them until you need them.
    Your cell phone charger is sucking power even with the phone unplugged.
    Your ancient VCR that you leave in your rack "in case somebody brings a tape over" is chewing up 20w while off.
    Your cable or sat box is drawing 70w (more if you have DVR) all the time, on or off.
    Your microwave and stove are drawing power for the clocks 24/7 (because you don't have enough clocks in the kitchen).
    Everything that turns on with a remote control is sucking power (TV, stereo, Bluray, ceiling fans, VCR, Zinwell).
    Everything that has a "wall wart" is sucking up power, on or off (laptop, cell phone, paper shredder, printer, scanner, router, cable modem, alarm system, kindle)

I'm gonna puke! Running a round unplugging everything! Lol!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

even she knows how to turn a light off.

Damn, you're lucky. I'm the only one in my house who knows how to turn a light off.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I still have an old wood one that I lift manually. It's cool because I can do it in stealth mode in the middle of the night without a lot of noise.

I am planning to go home tonite and suck up a few extra watts, and suck down a few
    Jack and Cokes. It's time to play Pinball! All night long.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've started swapping out a lot of the 65-Watt incandescent flood lights throughout my home with 13-Watt LEDs. Once I've converted them all over, that should help quite a bit.

I did this about 3 years ago, and I'm almost at the point where they've paid for themselves. Out of 15 fixtures, I've had no failures. Cree LEDs are great (I bought my fixtures at Polar-Ray). I think the quality of light is better than incandescent.

And I hate LEDs in pins - go figure.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This is a big deal in my industry (cable boxes). I think our EnergyStar target for DVRs is around 5W. I take it very seriously because I HATE the sound of a hard drive in the bedroom when I'm sleeping.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

This is a big deal in my industry (cable boxes). I think our EnergyStar target for DVRs is around 5W. I take it very seriously because I HATE the sound of a hard drive in the bedroom when I'm sleeping.

OMG I hate that FN sound, our ShawCABLE DVR in our room is horrible...

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How many kilowatt hours did you use?

#32 10 years ago

I'm also trying to cut down on my electricity use. It was 8800 Kilowatthours last year when the average in Holland is 3300. And I don't even have AC or kids. I started by shutting of my second
    fridge in the shed that's always running but usually not very full and I love my new Samsung TV. It only draws 0.5 watt when standby.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Ya, I don't think so. In fact I know it doesn't, I just checked with my Kill-A-Watt meter and my typical Craftsman unit is only pulling 5.5W on standby. A whole 1.8 cents a day at 14 cents/kWh.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've started swapping out a lot of the 65-Watt incandescent flood lights throughout my home with 13-Watt LEDs.

I'm not giving up my incandescent lightbulbs until they are no more.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Enchanter:

How many kilowatt hours did you use?

#36 10 years ago

0.32c a Kilowatt here........ 238kw here = $76.16

Boy. I wish our power was this cheap

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I wish our power was this cheap

I've heard it's expensive to live in Location unknown.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Actual- It varies from $15 - $30 throughout the year. I have several ceiling fans I like to run when it gets hot.
    If your looking to save money and have one of those electric cars (I don't), plug it in while your at work. I'm sure your boss won't mind.

The fees on my bill are more than 15 a month.

#39 10 years ago

Wow, we use around 2500-3000 a month.

Got a pool and two heat pumps that run almost non-stop. Those are the biggies here.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Someone start a poll -- "what alternative energy source does O-din use to get a $21 power bill?"
    Alternatively -- "who is O-din screwing to get a $21 power bill?"
    Or "how did O-din alter his electric meter to screw the electric company?"
    haha!
    rd

Probably got extension cords running to the neighbors house / garage.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Ya, I don't think so. In fact I know it doesn't, I just checked with my Kill-A-Watt meter and my typical Craftsman unit is only pulling 5.5W on standby. A whole 1.8 cents a day at 14 cents/kWh.

That's how I checked mine, with my Kill a Watt, although I did not get Craftsman....

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've heard it's expensive to live in Location unknown.

Haha classic!

Mikey is in NZ too, and a metal man like us, O-din.

Update your location Mikey!!

rd

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Mikey is in NZ too, and a Metal Man like us, O-din.

Couldn't figure it out by his username. Hahaha! NZ is still one of the coolest places I've ever been, except that Maori nose thing is kind of creepy.

#44 10 years ago

My electric bill averages $550 a month and I have gas heating, dryer, water heater. Not sure what the gas bill is.

#45 10 years ago

My electricity bill is nominal, haven't seen a penny difference since getting four machines. Although, yes, I turn them off when I'm not playing them or having people over (which is less frequent that I wish).

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My electric bill averages $550 a month a d I have has hearing, fryer, water heater. Not sure what the gas bill is.

Markmon, are you drunk?

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My electric bill averages $550 a month a d I have has hearing, fryer, water heater. Not sure what the gas bill is.

man my house payment is in a hundred bucks a month more....love my 2.75 APR

#48 10 years ago

It's time to party!

th-3.jpegth-3.jpeg

#49 10 years ago

If you guys would just get better jobs, you could pay $550/month for electricity.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah because your panel is bypassed for the grow JK

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-got-my-electric-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.