(Topic ID: 212114)

I just found the ultimate pinball repair treasure chest of riches!!

By irobot

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Check out this sweet repair/restoration kit:

ebay.com link: Bally Midway Atlantis Pinball Tune up Repair Kit

Finally……….a complete and comprehensive repair and refresh kit with everything I need!!!!!!

TO MAKE MY GAME SHINE LIKE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suppose I'm playing my Atlantis and boom a fuse blows. GOT IT!!!! NOT ONE BUT TWO 1/4 AMP FUSES ARE INCLUDED!!!!

Suppose I'm playing and boom a coil sleeve stops being sleevey enough. GOT IT!!!!

Suppose I'm eating one of the Hot Pockets than my Gram Gram makes for me and boom the outer hull of the Hot Pocket ruptures due to the hydrostatic pressure of me biting down on it. Then I get Hot Pocket goo all over my hands and then onto the machine. NOW I HAVE PLASTIC POLISH STUFF TO CLEAN UP THE GREASY HOT POCKET EJECTA!!!!

I'm ready for ANYTHING. ONE KIT COVERS IT ALL!!!

Only $99.89!!!!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Only $99.89!!!!

Well...with only 2 1/4 AMP fuses...I think that's going a little overboard. Only coil sleeves for flippers needed....rebuilding is overrated. I guess I'm cheap enough to do the research and save the money, but hey, 3 people have already purchased....so there's that

#3 6 years ago

Four leg levelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boom!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Well...with only 2 1/4 AMP fuses...I think that's going a little overboard. I guess I'm cheap enough to do the research and save the money, but hey, 3 people have already purchased....so there's that

That's about $30 worth of stuff. I wouldn't say that a guy who ordered his own bulbs and leg levelers from Marco or wherever is being "cheap". The vendor is not adding any value to the the stuff by packaging it together.

You're paying an extra $60 or $70 for what? So you don't have to look up some bulbs and leg levelers on a pinball website. $60 for 5 minutes of work.

It's not even a good selection of repair parts. Two spare bulb sockets in a game that takes 4 different bulbs. Two frikkin 1/4 amp fuses, gimme a break.

Atlantis actually has a big rack of fuses that are not slo blo and not fast blo, I forget what they're called, uber-blo or medium blo or something.

they're expensive as fouque, like $15 each

On an unrelated note, a guy could probably make a fine living selling incredibly overpriced stuff to people who know nothing.

Like:

BLACK SHOE POLISH!!!!! EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO POLISH UP THOSE DUSTY OLD SHOES!!!!! ONLY $30 PER 3 OZ CAN!!!!!!

#5 6 years ago

They are MDQ fuses, 16 of them. MDQ is a "Dual-Element" fuse.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Check out this sweet repair/restoration kit:
ebay.com link » Bally Midway Atlantis Pinball Tune Up Repair Kit
Finally……….a complete and comprehensive repair and refresh kit with everything I need!!!!!!
TO MAKE MY GAME SHINE LIKE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suppose I'm playing my Atlantis and boom a fuse blows. GOT IT!!!! NOT ONE BUT TWO 1/4 AMP FUSES ARE INCLUDED!!!!
Suppose I'm playing and boom a coil sleeve stops being sleevey enough. GOT IT!!!!
Suppose I'm eating one of the Hot Pockets than my Gram Gram makes for me and boom the outer hull of the Hot Pocket ruptures due to the hydrostatic pressure of me biting down on it. Then I get Hot Pocket goo all over my hands and then onto the machine. NOW I HAVE PLASTIC POLISH STUFF TO CLEAN UP THE GREASY HOT POCKET EJECTA!!!!
Only $99.89!!!!

The sellers "Sold Listings" on e-bay show 20 of these kits have been sold in the last few months.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from mikat11:

Here's another ebay rip off listing.ebay.com link » Data East Phantom Of Opera Arcade Size Pinball Machine Fuse Kit 10 Fuses Total

LOL

"VALUES TAKEN FROM MANUALS, AND CAN VARY A LITTLE. MAKE SURE YOU CAN VERIFY IF IT'S WHAT YOU NEED."

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

ebay.com link » Back To The Future Pinball Excellent Working Upgraded Greatest Movie Prop Ever
or spend a little more for this fantastic value....

"Owned by a person of importance but who’s identity has been requested not to be disclosed!"

WOW!!

Where is my checkbook? Only $50k.

#11 6 years ago

I sold that Back to the Future game to that knuckle head in 2015 ! it came form melbourne , FL. and i bought it in Fort myers , Florida .. He originally had it listed for $100,000.... he is delusional !!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

a guy could probably make a fine living selling incredibly overpriced stuff to people who know nothing.

You've just described the listings of all the pinball machines for sale on Ebay within a 50 mile radius of my house.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from NovaNut66:

I sold that Back to the Future game to that knuckle head in 2015 ! it came form melbourne , FL. and i bought it in Fort myers , Florida .. He originally had it listed for $100,000.... he is delusional !!

Are you "the person of importance"?

The $50k price tag is truly weird.

I guess the guy doesn't realize that a movie themed pinball game is a common thing, he thinks it's some kind of special promo item

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

Four leg levelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boom!

They look like the short ones. Great if you want to put a piece of wood under the back ones.

#15 6 years ago

He had me at "BLUBS"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-found-the-ultimate-pinball-repair-treasure-chest-of-riches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.