Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shacklersrevenge
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0203.JPG

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Eugene to Boise to pick up an Earthshaker. It's a pin from my youth that I have always wanted. I think I might be crazy though driving that far. Got a flat tire along the way and enjoyed some quality time with my youngest son. Thanks to fellow pinsider Jack for the super positive transaction. So awesome! Just got it home and set up for the first game. As the flyer says, "it's a moving experience".

IMG_0203.JPG
#2 3 years ago

Congrats on the find!

#3 3 years ago

Great game, congrats! It's a special pin to me...I'm on my 3rd one that I've had in the collection over the years. Maybe this time I'll keep it for the long haul.

#4 3 years ago

Funny thing, at the very same time, my little brother was picking up his very first pin with his son 600 miles away.

#5 3 years ago

The thrill of the hunt. The story behind the pin is awesome. ES is a great pin! Enjoy!

#6 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes its those special times like this that will stick out in your childs mind. Great machine too.

#7 3 years ago

Not crazy at all. Congrats.

#8 3 years ago

Nice. I did a trip like that with my son to pick up BH. One of the best times as road trips go. Only about 14hours total drive time.
Those are times he will remember as well. Congrats.

#9 3 years ago

Awesome game. I always enjoy the alone time with any of my kids while driving.

My pickup drive time for my ES was much shorter - less than 2 hours each way across the border in WI.

I have a sinking building kit to install that's on the to do list.

Bill

#10 3 years ago

sweet pin !

#11 3 years ago

Nice. I just discovered that pin last weekend at Pinagogo--new to the hobby. Of the dozens I played, Earthshaker was one of my favorites.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Funny thing, at the very same time, my little brother was picking up his very first pin with his son 600 miles away.

Gotta give that a thumbs up.
Congrats! Long drive too

#13 3 years ago

Congrats! Love my ES. Nice to have another one in the neighborhood.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbill08:

Awesome game. I always enjoy the alone time with any of my kids while driving.
My pickup drive time for my ES was much shorter - less than 2 hours each way across the border in WI.
I have a sinking building kit to install that's on the to do list.
Bill

Get plenty of rest before you install it! And measure carefully

#15 3 years ago

road trip with your son.
meeting a cool pinsider.
picking up a grail game, priceless.

#16 3 years ago

Well done! Its an excellent game.
I am looking for one also.

#17 3 years ago

Oh good! A positive experience. I was expecting the worst.

#18 3 years ago

Good looking pin. I also after reading the title figured it was gonna be a turd!

#20 3 years ago

Bitchin'

#21 3 years ago

He drives! He scores!

#22 3 years ago

It's sunny drive time!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

He drives! He scores!

And the pinside crowd goes crazy.

#24 3 years ago

in all the excitement.

dont forget to add it to your current collection. : P

#25 3 years ago

Wow! 8hrs each way. 4hrs each was is the most I have ever done. Congrats!

#26 3 years ago

It was great meeting you and your son Brian. I hope you have as much fun with Earthshaker as I did. I miss it already.

#27 3 years ago

HEAD FOR THE SHELTER!!!! My favorite and first pin.

#28 3 years ago

Whoa. Why so far for this title? Doesn't come up often around you? Good price?

#29 3 years ago

Quality time with the son=priceless.
Does he like ES ?

#30 3 years ago

I drove from DC to upstate new York once to get a spy hunter arcade game out of a bus stop and another time from DC to charlotte and back in the same day just to get the "correct" cab for a rampart project I had been working on...not crazy at all

#31 3 years ago

Drove yesterday for 700 miles round-trip to pick up a jukebox. So, nah.. not crazy.

#32 3 years ago

drove 5 for mine. 8's not out of the question.

#33 3 years ago

Grats in the ES.It was my first pin and it's still in the collection.A true 80's classic!

#34 3 years ago

Congrats! If you love the title no amount of driving is too much for me.

#35 3 years ago

Bravo!

Holy crap... just checked you pins! All are my favorites!!.... A Beat Time??!!

Awesome collection!

#36 3 years ago

I drove 6 hrs each way for mine (when I had it ) was the first pin that hooked me in my youth !

#37 3 years ago

I have drove 10 hours each way twice, also with my son. Priceless. Enjoy!!

#38 3 years ago

I did a 3 hour drive each way with my daughter - she promptly told me never again. She's 8

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I did a 3 hour drive each way with my daughter - she promptly told me never again. She's 8

now that's priceless. lol

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

thats why you didnt stop at McDonalds or <insert their favourite fast food> on the way !

#41 3 years ago

Congrats; I saw this post in Pacific NW thread and knew it would never make it to the show.

Enjoy your new pin.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

thats why you didnt stop at McDonalds or <insert their favourite fast food> on the way !

Mainly because my wife was at home waiting for me to get back! Oh BTW this was also for an ES.

#43 3 years ago

as said already, nice road trip, for the pin of course, but more for having your son with you, its priceless

#44 3 years ago

No way you are crazy-just committed

1 week later
#45 3 years ago

I did a round trip drive from Atlanta to Texas for a Dr. Who and TX Sector deal. If I remember it was about 13hrs one way...what a drive but what a deal!!! Cant put a value on dedication and admiration!

#46 3 years ago

I drove 8 hours each way for my HUO T2. I had to have it, love the game, I understand the sickness!

I also love Earthshaker so I can sympathize with you there

#48 3 years ago

It seems like these days if you want a deal, you need to be prepared to drive. This is especial true on the west coast.

#49 3 years ago

I drove 5 hours one way for my Earthshaker sample about a month ago. I actually like driving by myself. Kind of like some peaceful meditation time going after a pin.

#50 3 years ago

Congrats on the Earthshaker. Last week I drove 4 hours each way to pick up a Blackout. About a half hour in I thought the same thing, "I must be crazy". Hey, you only get one ride on this giant rock floating through space. I am so glad I made the trip now, I love this pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Brentwood, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Trappe, PA
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside