(Topic ID: 238807)

I just can't play as many games of pinball as I used to...

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190320_192545 (resized).jpg
    drac (resized).jpeg
    gplayball3 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Because I'm so much better and my games take forever now!

I fell into the pinball deep end 6 months ago with my first machine. Since then, I've played pinball just about every day for 30 or 40 minutes in the morning. I'm playing a lot fewer games than I used to... because I'm getting better! I also find that when I go to a public location I end up getting a free game more often than not.

My two machines at home are Hobbit and Jurassic Park.

When I go out I keep coming back to Fish Tales, Pinbot, BK2000, and TAF.

Loving the hobby and the great technical advice on this site.

#2 5 years ago

Go get TWD and GB, that should tame you down a bit!

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, sounds miserable.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Go get TWD and GB, that should tame you down a bit!

I agree with Who-Dey play TWD, GB, BSD and TS. Your idea of long games will drastically change.

#5 5 years ago

Try TNA. If you make it 30 minutes on a TNA you have reached pinball god status.

#6 5 years ago

My FT always slaps me back to reality.

#7 5 years ago

I can relate OP... Start setting your home games up harder.
    -Remove ball saves
    -Limit number of extra balls
    -Move your out lane posts
    -Adjust sling leaf switches
    -Tighten your tilt
    -Adjust in game settings, etc

#8 5 years ago

This is why I find myself playing a lot of 3 ball Fire Power. Short, brutal games.

#9 5 years ago

Try AC/DC.

#10 5 years ago

I like a little bit of both. Long playing pin like lotr and JJP POTC, but a quick fun game like iron man, TNA, is so much fun. Those quick, fast pins keep you hitting the start button. After a long game of lotr, I’m done for a few days.

#11 5 years ago

Take front legs off and play at a 45° may need to increase your coil for flippers. Ha

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Take front legs off and play at a 45° may need to increase your coil for flippers. Ha

Just take the flippers out and live off the nudge.

gplayball3 (resized).jpggplayball3 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Try competing in tournaments if you dare.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

This is why I find myself playing a lot of 3 ball Fire Power. Short, brutal games.

Yep, that'll definitely take the wind out of your sails. One-minute Firepower games aren't uncommon.

#15 5 years ago

Get a couple EMs. They'll make you feel like you've never played pinball before.

#16 5 years ago

I agree with @schudel5, get some EMs!

#17 5 years ago

Come over and play my line of nut kickers. I could probably blow through a dozen games in a half hour.

drac (resized).jpegdrac (resized).jpeg
    #18 5 years ago

Get an early Bally or Stern SS from 77-82. Really can't go wrong with most titles but Flash Gordon, EBD, Skateball, Paragon, Centaur, Stars, Flight 2000, Meteor, Nine Ball, and Quicksilver are among my favorite.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When I go out I keep coming back to Fish Tales, Pinbot, BK2000, and TAF.

Sounds like you play at Crabtowne! You should join their league if you haven't already.

#20 5 years ago

Sorcerer, meet your next victim....

#21 5 years ago

Glad you cant play as much....because you are getting better!

In reading the thread Topic, I related 100%, but for a different reason....
    Cant play as much cause Im getting OLD! (Ears. Legs, and hands/wrists start hurting!)

You have a GOOD pinball Issue!!

#22 5 years ago

No ball saves or extra balls, no outlane rubbers and some Lightning flippers should solve your problem.

#23 5 years ago

Maybe try one handed or cross handed?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I can't play as many games of pinball as I used to...

I was afraid the reason was going to be "...because my wife won't let me."

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bowlingpin:

I can relate OP... Start setting your home games up harder.
    -Remove ball saves
    -Limit number of extra balls
    -Move your out lane posts
    -Adjust sling leaf switches
    -Tighten your tilt
    -Adjust in game settings, etc

Don't get me wrong, I still suck, but I suck a lot less than I used to. I will absolutely be doing these things once I make it all the way through the wizard modes on my machines. To date, the only game I've fully completed at home is World Cup Soccer (my first).

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Try competing in tournaments if you dare.

I'd like to try out a few, but I'm in that stage in my life with 3 kids under 7 where Dad needs to be home. I limit my play to the morning and a trip to the local pinball joint once a week (if I'm lucky).

Quoted from gliebig:

Come over and play my line of nut kickers. I could probably blow through a dozen games in a half hour.

Those look like fun. Maryland locals like yourself are welcome to try out mine as well. I've tried to keep my (limited) collection to things I can't play without a 2 hour round trip.

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Sounds like you play at Crabtowne! You should join their league if you haven't already.

I love the mix of games at Crabtowne! I do want to try out a league night or two, but would have a hard time carving out an evening a week away from the family. When the kids are a bit older I'm totally in.

In any case, here is the current line up. I've blown through a few machines since I started, but think these are the keepers for the time being. JP games can be relatively short, but Hobbit games can last close to a half hour when you get to multiple arkenstone modes.

20190320_192545 (resized).jpg20190320_192545 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-can-t-play-as-many-games-of-pinball-as-i-used-to?hl=spinout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.