(Topic ID: 16645)

I just came onto the scene, could someone explain who/what Jersey Jack is?

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

angry27.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I seem to have walked into the movie in the middle. I am unsure what is JJ in a nutshell, I need a synopsis so far.

What I mean, I believe they have the Williams 'feel' (as opposed to what Stern has which is still good but not what we recall from the early-late 90s Williams pins). I am talking Williams IJ as opposed to Stern IJ for example.

Who are these guys, what are their credentials. I mean, I assume they are pin guys, but what have they done? Are there any heavy hitters from the old times (like Lawler, Richie, Eddie or the like)? or are these the generation next?

How excited should I be? Are they just another Stern in the making or something better and why?

thanks.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ourteam.aspx
    They can probably field a better explanation than I can.

um, not much. It says the lead designer worked on South Park and Simpsons? Does that make him a heavy hitter? It says he worked on those pins, does that mean he was the lead designer or was he a grip (or whatever the pin equivalent would be?).

People are buying this pin sight unseen, reminds me of when a movie is coming out and we assume we will love it and the movie comes out and it's Godfather 3 (movie buffs know what that means).

#10 11 years ago

Not at all. I saw their home page but it didn't really tell me much, I don't know these names like I do the guys from 15 years ago.

I was trying to see if people believe they will start off at the top. Kind of like an expansion team expected to compete for the Super Bowl in the first year. If the team had all kinds of talent it might. I just am asking is this known talent we expect them to be top just because.

And my Godfather 3 reference is appropriate. Coppola, Al Pichino etc.. That was a sure can't miss classic on paper.

#24 11 years ago

I was just trying to figure out how this works, JJ is sticking his neck out, probably at least a million dollars and the buyers are sticking their neck out buying the pin (or at least deposit) without playing it. And it's not like people buying a new Stern just on the theme, JJ is a new company I was asking for some background other than the company web site.

I had an opportunity to invest in a brand new restaurant, but (to me) it was too unknown I knew the owner and how he had already had a success in the past and he was a good guy. And it may be one of those things where 10 years from now I will kick myself for not investing. But the unknown (to me) was worse than the known (i.e. the owner chef). It would be easier for me to see how the WoZ turns out. I am more timid, rather buy a title that has proven itself but it would be nice to be an early adopter but with that comes the risk of being wrong.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

the_pin_family said:Sorry but I have to stick up for my new friend here. I spent a couple hours at the op house the other day helping him out a bit. He's been out of the hobby for quite a few years now and is just looking to catch up on what he missed. He is in no way a troll. In fact I found him to be a very honest guy with very nice family.
    Sorry if I was off base , The op seems to me like he is a veteran not a newbie .. Especially with his other topic he started .
    Jim

I bought pins 6, 7, 8 yeas ago but have been out of the hobby for a while. Bought PoC new but have not been involved in the past 5 years. So I just woke back up and there is JJ but I missed what has happened in the past 5 years thats all. I was trying to get a cliff note without reading 500 posts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-came-onto-the-scene-could-someone-explain-whowhat-jersey-jack-is?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.