Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB3863A0-9C57-4968-B981-12A12A707C44 (resized).jpeg
    spektro-starter-experimenteerset-elektriciteit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago

I started out just like you did, bought the same book and started reading it through and through, wife looking at me like I'm crazy. Then after a while, the chance came to get an EM so I got it. I soon had a few issues but thanks to everyone here I got those fixed on my own! For a time I stared at all of the workings and the relays and the steppers and I had no idea what was going on, what was doing what, etc. But I took my time, didn't mess around with anything that was working ok, and studied all of the different operations again with lots of help and advice from so many helpful pinsiders. After a long while of studying the schematics and observing how everything works I came to understand how everything works. Now, I can give anyone a tour and point at any internal part and explain exactly what it does and how it works. And I can fix the small problems that pop up here and there with no problem. So much fun! But mostly it just works, and we do a lot of playing which is fun too.

Keep it going and go for it!

The strange thing is how you finally take the leap and get that first one. Then, before long, somehow there is another one next to it. And then, another one... How does this happen? They seem to replicate...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-bought-pinball-machine-care-and-maintenance-3rd-edition?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.