100_4350.JPG
Photo0920.jpg
Premiums_serial_numbers.jpg
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1497.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Still asking myself this question. I don't own a gun and I don't hunt. I have friends that hunt, but I have zero interest, I would rather take a picture lol. I guess I like to kayak fish, but only catch and release. I also don't like country music and have never played BBH. I have only read the reviews and they're pretty bad.

I do like how the game looks. The deer that moves across the playfield looks pretty cool and I enjoyed playing the video game. I really like the fact the PF is not horribly photoshopped. I guess that's the main reasons. Did, I mention there's a little deer that moves across the playfield

Just weird with XM out (which I love the comic art) and TAV coming out in the next month or two that I would choose this title.

I even have to sell my cherry RBION to make room for BBH, still trying to grasp my decision although I have no regrets at this point.

#2 11 years ago

I am not a huge fan of the theme, but I can say that I really love this game. It is a lot of fun.

#3 11 years ago

Did you get a good price at least? There's something to be said for buying a NIB for $4k or less (hopefully)

#4 11 years ago

Install a sub kit and crank it up, thing gets pretty loud with all the different firearms going off.

#5 11 years ago

I didn't get a great price considering the availability, which is pretty much nil.

My logic was thinking down the road. With the price of pins even staying the same, I would be hard pressed to find a nice HUO for 3.5 with shipping I would be close to the 4k mark. I really prefer buying new and knowing the entire history of the machine.

#6 11 years ago

Time to play & enjoy the game. Congrats with the purchase.

#7 11 years ago

Sold Jim (The Banker) my last new in box Big Buck Hunter Pin. It was in a Transformers box so Stern atleast used the left over unsold boxes but covered them with tape. I like that pin need to move it beside Dale Jr to match the theme, I am near Bristol TN where deers and Nascar are king. You should see how great the pin looks with LED's The Banker changed over to LED's and it really pops, the pin earns well also, trade my last new one to Brady Dist for a 7k Smoken Token Extreme. The pin is just fun I know you get blasted but after all I though we all collected to have fun and this pin delivers fun! Some company used to have that as there slogan Fun is our business!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

You should see how great the pin looks with LED's The Banker changed over to LED's and it really pops

This is one of the main reasons I am losing RBION to get BBH. Compared to my Tron the RBION incandescents look crazy dated. I am afraid to LED it because of the amount of small inserts and extreme dimming of inserts. Thought I might have a seizure from possible strobing effect if I did, although others have said it isn't too bad.

#9 11 years ago

it has an easy rule set to try for wizard mode. I miss mine; I sold it for as much as I
bought it for but now would consider buying one again. I love hearing all of the pinball snobs bash certain sterns. all newer sterns are fun; some are just more fun than others.

#10 11 years ago

BBH that I got from Doughslinger looks 100k better with premiums from coin taker . Game is fun.

#11 11 years ago

Where did you find one NIB just out of curiosity? Not an easy game to find these days.

#12 11 years ago

Who has NIB BBH? Is this a rare find or are they out there? I like the game.

#13 11 years ago

BBH is a beast. I bought mine NIB almost a year ago.

#14 11 years ago

I owned BBH for a couple years. It's great with LEDs, sub, shaker, and white rubbers throughout. Fun game but it's build quality and theme eventually put a bad taste in my mouth and I had to sell.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Install a sub kit and crank it up, thing gets pretty loud with all the different firearms going off.

+1!

Take advantage of what this pin has to offer in the audio department! It can really be impressive.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I owned BBH for a couple years. It's great with LEDs, sub, shaker, and white rubbers throughout. Fun game but it's build quality and theme eventually put a bad taste in my mouth and I had to sell.

Thanks for that.

#16 11 years ago

It's not a terrible game. I kinda like it. The translite, however...yeah, pretty bad.

#17 11 years ago

It's a lot of fun. I don't think I could justify $4K for one, even if it's NIB though. I'd probably pick one up for $2500 or so though.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where did you find one NIB just out of curiosity? Not an easy game to find these days.

This is actually kinda strange. I was at Stern's site and went to the out of production games, BBH obviously. Although I have been to these pages plenty of times, I never filled out a request saying I wanted to buy one. Let's just say I did this time and ended up, I think, getting one because of that request in a somewhat unusual fashion. I was contacted by a retailer or two saying they did not have any. That afternoon, a retailer that sells pinballs on ebay listed one with the BIN price. I say strange because I don't think I have seen them list a BBH before (or at least over the last few months) and all of a sudden it's there. I dunno, maybe coincidence.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This is one of the main reasons I am losing RBION to get BBH. Compared to my Tron the RBION incandescents look crazy dated. I am afraid to LED it because of the amount of small inserts and extreme dimming of inserts. Thought I might have a seizure from possible strobing effect if I did, although others have said it isn't too bad.

I have a coin taker set in my RBION and it makes you think you are winning money while you are playing it.

#20 11 years ago

congrats on your NIB BBH! played one out on location in nashville. Fun game, if it came down to owning one id probably buy a big buck hunt safari shooting game instead ha i love that game! and the girls

#21 11 years ago

Tron is being made recently as of Nov 12 for my Tron Pro and its been out of productionon Sterns website. Big Buck Hunter has runs from 2010 to 2012. I got some new ones back in May/June of this year.

For reference I included pics of ACDC Pro, ACDCBIBLE, and two pics of the Big Buck Hunter with the tape on the box. I had to peel back a little to see what pin box they used. For box traders I heard it rarest kind, the recycled Stern but they had to do something with all the extra Transformers boxes.

IMG_0336.JPGIMG_0336.JPG IMG_1696.JPGIMG_1696.JPG IMG_1699.JPGIMG_1699.JPG IMG_1695.JPGIMG_1695.JPG IMG_1697.JPGIMG_1697.JPG IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1502.JPG

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

I am not a huge fan of the theme, but I can say that I really love this game. It is a lot of fun.

yup, my comments exactly...

#23 11 years ago

If you are ever going to sell it, just say HUO and now its worth 5.2k!

#24 11 years ago

I like the game too. I would like to track one down.

#25 11 years ago

Notice the 233171 was an earlier run and last BBH pin was almost 1500 pins later. Always interesting the Stern serial numbers
Also another pin in box pic with the classic Stern logo from the golden video age period.
5 pins on another run from Trents place
Last ACDC Premiums was 236404 Stern has cranked out many new machines in the last 18 months
My friend Don just got a NIB LOTR look at those numbers for comparision 50,000 last 10 years

IMG_1498.JPGIMG_1498.JPG IMG_1497.JPGIMG_1497.JPG IMG_1535.JPGIMG_1535.JPG Premiums_serial_numbers.jpgPremiums_serial_numbers.jpg Photo0920.jpgPhoto0920.jpg

#26 11 years ago

Toaster you hadnt even played it before??? I thought you had and loved it or something

#27 11 years ago

Nope. Just watched youtube videos. I always liked the video game's though, haha.

#28 11 years ago

I'd be keen on trying that. I'm not the type to pick up a gun and kill something, but I think it makes for an awesome game.
Play it for awhile and let us know what you think long-term!

#29 11 years ago

BBH is very underrated - fun game and guests love it! Enjoy your new game! it looks great with cointaker LED's - of course one sacred rule to always abide by while playing BBH is you must be drinking a warm PBR, Skoal in one cheek, listening to sweet home Alabama on 8-track, all while also watching Nascar and Deliverance split screen on the Country Music Channel!

#30 11 years ago

I have a dedicated nice Big Buck Hunter Safari video game bought new used in two locations for sale or trade if anyone is interested.

100_4350.JPG100_4350.JPG 100_4352.JPG100_4352.JPG 100_4353.JPG100_4353.JPG 100_4354.JPG100_4354.JPG 100_4349.JPG100_4349.JPG 100_3795.JPG100_3795.JPG

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Still asking myself this question. I don't own a gun and I don't hunt. I have friends that hunt, but I have zero interest, I would rather take a picture lol. I guess I like to kayak fish, but only catch and release. I also don't like country music and have never played BBH. I have only read the reviews and they're pretty bad.
I do like how the game looks. The deer that moves across the playfield looks pretty cool and I enjoyed playing the video game. I really like the fact the PF is not horribly photoshopped. I guess that's the main reasons. Did, I mention there's a little deer that moves across the playfield
Just weird with XM out (which I love the comic art) and TAV coming out in the next month or two that I would choose this title.
I even have to sell my cherry RBION to make room for BBH, still trying to grasp my decision although I have no regrets at this point.

Selling a cherry RBION for BBH...OUCH!

#32 11 years ago

I have one in what I call my redneck section of my basement.
The line up is BBH, RS, FT, WH2O just need a NASCAR and I will be good to go.

#33 11 years ago

Or a nice one location newer Big Buck Hunter World again just PM make a deal for Christmas this was over 4800 new last year. Priced 3000 for World or 2500 for Safari. I just sold the oldest version Pro for 2000 and seeing this posy made me think somebody might want some nice looking videos to go with there pin. I know it should be on KLOV but they have pins why cant there be a few games listed for sale here with pinball connections.

IMG_3112.JPGIMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPGIMG_3113.JPG

#34 11 years ago

I would buy a BBH for the right price.

Congrats!

#35 11 years ago

Congrats on the NIB game pickup. BBH pinball can be fun! I also like the arcade.

anyone know when the next version of BBH arcade will be coming out? I figure they must be due for something new. Pro/World (the one with both regular and safari) seems like it has been out for a long time...

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Nope. Just watched youtube videos. I always liked the video game's though, haha.

So is your RBION officially gone yet?

#37 11 years ago

The Company now produces a Big Buck Hunter HD in a new style cabinet. I didnt get one as earning are not worth the new price. It does use regular 42 inch HD tv.

#38 11 years ago

A day I will always remember.

DSCF0661.JPGDSCF0661.JPG
BBH 4 life!
BBH>LOTR,TSPP,MM,TZ,B/W

#39 11 years ago

Thanks guys, I plan on throwin' some cointaker LEDS << for the guys that are sponsored 8). For reals though... CT leds, lit flipper buttons and gotta come up with a topper too.

Figure it can't be as bad as the ratings. The way AbacusMan is always ranting and raving about it, it's gotta be good.

#40 11 years ago

Where did you find a nib bbh? I don't hardly see this title for sale period.

#41 11 years ago

Only thing I think is kind of weak is the skill shot. Not a whole lot there.

Other then that, its all about multiball and hitting the shot you need. Ol' Pappy is a hoot too.

I hit Open Season(with the glass off) once, freak'n crazy.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Thanks guys, I plan on throwin' some cointaker LEDS << for the guys that are sponsored 8). For reals though... CT leds, lit flipper buttons and gotta come up with a topper too.
Figure it can't be as bad as the ratings. The way AbacusMan is always ranting and raving about it, it's gotta be good.

They had one at SPF too bad you werent there I played it a couple times, it was kinda cool.

#43 11 years ago

Sometimes you cant please everyone but atleast the title is NOT a comic, music or movie idea. Its almost as original theme as you can get and I like the homage to AFM in the pop bumpers and dmd animations.

#44 11 years ago

While nowhere near my favorite, BBH can be fun, and so long as you have it set up to be difficult, it is very punishing.

Bird shot is very tough/tight, particularly considering how important it is and how often you have to hit it.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

This is actually kinda strange. I was at Stern's site and went to the out of production games, BBH obviously. Although I have been to these pages plenty of times, I never filled out a request saying I wanted to buy one. Let's just say I did this time and ended up, I think, getting one because of that request in a somewhat unusual fashion. I was contacted by a retailer or two saying they did not have any. That afternoon, a retailer that sells pinballs on ebay listed one with the BIN price. I say strange because I don't think I have seen them list a BBH before (or at least over the last few months) and all of a sudden it's there. I dunno, maybe coincidence.

Automated Services for 4300.00

#46 11 years ago

I found BBH fun the limited time I played it. Cool to find one NIB.

Quoted from doughslingers:

Notice the 233171 was an earlier run and last BBH pin was almost 1500 pins later. Always interesting the Stern serial numbersAlso another pin in box pic with the classic Stern logo from the golden video age period.5 pins on another run from Trents placeLast ACDC Premiums was 236404 Stern has cranked out many new machines in the last 18 monthsMy friend Don just got a NIB LOTR look at those numbers for comparision 50,000 last 10 years

On this subject, the first 3 numbers pertain to the run. For instance, if Stern is running 100 Trons and the first 3 digits are 237, the next game they run will be 238xxx. And if they pick up Tron again later, the run could be 245xxx. That's what I've gathered from all the serial number info floating around and from my own NIB games, lately.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

Automated Services for 4300.00

That's not too bad. You can usually get a little knocked off if you call Automated directly, though.

#49 11 years ago

A friend picked up a BBH a couple of weeks ago for trade purposes. Went with him and this pin was a surprise. Much more fun as we anticipated and therefor he still has it

Would not buy it as a standalone pin but in a collection it is nice to have and because it is underrated pricing is reasonable for such a young pin.

Play and enjoy

#50 11 years ago

BBH has always been a house favorite, I have yet to met anyone who dislikes it after they put some time on it.

I'm not a huge LED nut, but this isn't the only thread that mentions how well LEDs look in BBH.... I really don't like strobing/flickering, which happens with some titles, so I've been hesitant to go that route. No issues there?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-bought-a-nib-bbhwhy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.