(Topic ID: 138111)

I just bought a game for the second time....

By tamoore

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by frg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

i traded away a really nice Judge Dredd a year ago, and have missed it ever since.

Today, I bought another one to replace it. (It was more than $1400, folks.)

What titles have you mistakenly sold, only to buy them again later after realizing your mistake?

#2 3 years ago

Way to go Todd. The world is right in our collections again! Did you buy the one in Ft. Wayne?

#3 3 years ago

I've owned EBD twice (still have it).

But the big one was LOTR. Almost two years, and I just got my second recently. I knew I'd get another the day I sold it. It is so good to have it back in the house. I doubt it will ever leave again. I'm really working on finishing modes and multiballs now. Love this game.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Way to go Todd. The world is right in our collections again! Did you buy the one in Ft. Wayne?

No. I bought a really nice example here in MI about 2hrs away from me. Super stoked to have it back in the stable!

#5 3 years ago

IJ 4 times

#6 3 years ago

Iron Man. Sold the original about a month before the VE was announced and got a nice HUO about a year later.

Not letting this one go again!

#7 3 years ago

Just bought my first game for the 2nd time...Scared Stiff today.

#8 3 years ago

I hear the trick is to buy the 2nd game when you own the 1st one. Upgrade first, sell second.
-mof

#9 3 years ago

Sold my BSD. I kinda missed it - and few years later I came across a nicer one.

Sold my IM. Kinda missed it but didn't wanna pay out the butt for one. Snagged a VE when it came out.

That's it so far...haven't missed anything else enough to re-buy again.

Quoted from mof:

I hear the trick is to buy the 2nd game when you own the 1st one. Upgrade first, sell second.
-mof

I did that with WH2O and TSPP...came across nicer ones and wanted to upgrade. They were always keepers though - never had a plan to dump 'em

#10 3 years ago

I have owned several games twice or even 3 times and while the initial fun factor is there it never takes long to realize why I sold it in the first place, certain games seem to have a hold on me and I just can't sell them, FH, WW, BOP my Gottlieb sys 80's, Bally and Williams early 80's stuff.

#11 3 years ago
#12 3 years ago

Sold WPT, looking to buy one back sometime.

#13 3 years ago

WPT is the next one I will get back. Just waiting for the guy that bought it to get tired of it.

#14 3 years ago

sold a nice scared stiff,couple yrs.later picked one up on eBay total wreck over a
100 hours into it

#15 3 years ago

TZ. But I'm thinking about putting it on the chopping block again for something else. It's only pinball, right?

#16 3 years ago

Still hoping for my first IJ

#17 3 years ago

Not yet.....but there are many I miss.

My JD (that went to you!)
WCS94
JM
A13
WPT

The one I want back the most....WPT, but only because I really don't think I had it long enough before moving it on.

#18 3 years ago

Pinbot is the only game I have bought/traded for a second time.

This one is staying.

#19 3 years ago

2 of them: JM and BSD.

Both titles, I did some serious upgrading from the 1st to the 2nd.

They are both now in the P^3 club: the Pinball Protection Program .

#20 3 years ago

road Show. Sold it when a random local guy seen I had one. Regretted it ever since. Picking up another in a week

#21 3 years ago

Sold my Taxi then bought the same Taxi back a few years later. It's not going anywhere now!

#22 3 years ago

Whirlwind and Funhouse 3 times..
Orbitor 1 two times.
And two BSD, but I sold the first when I could buy the second which was in better condition.

#23 3 years ago

My ToM and Congo are bolted to the ground because I know I'll never find as good of a deal on them ever again

#24 3 years ago

4 WH20
3 CFTBL
2 RFM

Just bought my 2nd Congo.

#25 3 years ago

I did the popular LOTR double overhang upgrade manoeuvre with twist. Owned nice example. Sold it to try something else. Missed it from day one. Used the selling event as excuse to only get back in if I find a mint LE. Found it. Bought it in a heartbeat. Bolted it to the floor. And like DaveH, am enjoying actually trying to complete it this time.

#26 3 years ago

I miss several of my former games.
The one I miss the most is an odd duck: Zaccaria Black Belt.
I miss my LOTR too but that's not a rare pin. This Zac is rarer, even on this side of Atlantic. You see one FS at very infrequent intervals.
New buyer seems to like it, and would not sell it back.

#27 3 years ago

O'gosh there's been a bunch.

Black Out
Big Guns
Central Park
Taxi
Circus Voltaire
DE Simpsons
Barracora
Fast Draw
Batman Forever

Plus there's been plenty more that I bought another of the same title but only to upgrade its condition....which there's too many of those to list.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I did the popular LOTR double overhang upgrade manoeuvre with twist. Owned nice example. Sold it to try something else. Missed it from day one. Used the selling event as excuse to only get back in if I find a mint LE. Found it. Bought it in a heartbeat. Bolted it to the floor. And like DaveH, am enjoying actually trying to complete it this time.

I knew I would find you in this thread!!!!

#29 3 years ago

All the time. When I first got into the hobby I only had room for 2 machines, and I wanted to play EVERYTHING, so I would buy, play, and let go.

I think actually everything in my gameroom now is my second example.
With a few exceptions..

Paragon...I've had 4, but i finally found one with a nice cabinet and I've got a NOS restored PF ready to swap.
RFM...I can't even remember...at least 4 of them? But finally found a HUO one

#30 3 years ago

I went 6 days without whirlwind. Traded mine as part of a deal to get a white water and started lookin for a new one instantly. I have had several others a couple of times but not because I was looking, they were just good deals.

I will however own pinbot and the getaway again though.

#31 3 years ago

ACDC. Sold BIBLE after only an couple of months because it wasn't getting the plays at home. Missed it kicking my butt, so picked up a near new LUCI a couple of months ago (funnily enough from the same guy who sold me BIBLE). Loving it twice as much 2nd time around....it's not going anywhere (for a while).

Of the games I've sold id likely buy TOTAN, Fathom and STLE back again.

#32 3 years ago

Yo! Taxi!

Bought twice. Best game willies ever produced.

#33 3 years ago

thats a good game

#34 3 years ago

Got to get a taxi at some stage.

#35 3 years ago

Baywatch, yeah I am serious! Also Fish Tales but there was about ten years of time in between that one.

#36 3 years ago

When you buy a game for the second time you tend not to let it go

#37 3 years ago

BSD.....had a crappy one. Found a very nice one. One day I will have FH and LOTR back.

#38 3 years ago

wany to buy another Taxi

#39 3 years ago

Haunted House.

Sold it because my wife said sell all the wide body games.

Then she was upset because she really liked HH. Fortunately, I was able to buy it back from the person I sold it to.

#40 3 years ago

Didn't sell the first one but bought a second because we (wife and I) just fell in love with our Luci. Now one is in Michigan and one is in Florida! I have actually considered a 3rd Luci for our Belize place too. That would be buying for 3rd time lol.

#41 3 years ago

Tron Pro- Sold to help fund the wife a new car. After a year and a half, I sold my mustang to purchase me a Tron.

#42 3 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire three times. Still here.

#43 3 years ago

Lotr
Wh20
Ft
And soon to be.......
Taf
TZ

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

TZ. But I'm thinking about putting it on the chopping block again for something else. It's only pinball, right?

let me know

ToM bought it for 2800 sold it for 3500 Now I'm collecting

#45 3 years ago

I've bought back JD (x2), JM (x2), WH20 (x2), Shadow (x2) all for more then what I paid first time around but nicer examples. I've also had DM (x3) and TSPP (x2). I think I am done now

#46 3 years ago

Yeah, WH20 for me too. Add NGG and JP to the list as well.

#47 3 years ago

Sold my first two EATPM's and regretted it... Found another one and I think I'll hang on to this one!

#48 3 years ago

Whirlwind & Cirqus Voltaire ... Won't make that mistake again!!!

#49 3 years ago

DM twice, never again. T2 my third time, no plans of letting go again.

#50 3 years ago

I am a regular buyer of Scared Stiff, Spider-Man, AFM, AC/DC, ... it's a pain, that I fall in love so quickly with pinball machines, so one has to go... and come back... and again bye, bye then see you later

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
North Port, FL
$ 279.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 279.95
3,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside