Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laguardia-pinball.jpg
    Safety_Zone_Pinball_9.jpg
    Safety_Zone_Pinball_3.jpg
    Flyer.jpg
    Safety_Zone_Pinball_7.jpg
    Safety_Zone_Pinball_1.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    Bumper_007.jpg
    Bumper_006.jpg
    Bumper_004.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsrogers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I have a 1932 "Jiggers" and a 1934 "Safety Zone" pin....Finding out pricing is very tough due to the lack of comparative sales. I would say that most of the older pin games from this era sell for $300-$500 assuming they are complete and in good condition. Games outside this price range are in poor condition or very rare examples justifying a higher price.
    G

2 months later
    #19 11 years ago

Here are mine:
    1932 Jiggers and 1934 Safety Zone

// Error: Image 79932 not found //

#20 11 years ago

Here are mine:
    1932 Jiggers and 1934 Safety Zone

IMG_0447.jpgIMG_0447.jpg Safety_Zone_Pinball_1.jpgSafety_Zone_Pinball_1.jpg Safety_Zone_Pinball_7.jpgSafety_Zone_Pinball_7.jpg

#26 11 years ago

The Safety Zone pins is really cool...I have never seen another one. The electric part is very simple...just a flashlight bulb under the Green light. When you drop in the "Traffic Light" hole it will light up. Hitting that hole also gives you a free ball....the same ball basically goes back to the shooter ball area. At the same time the ball runs over a lever under the playfield that raises the bars in those 2 angled lanes above the traffic light. This allows the ball to go from 100,200,300 to 1000, 2000, and 3000...look closely and you can see where those bars normally hold the ball at 100. I guess this game was ahead of it's time. Here is a flyer showing $32.50 price tag....using a inflation calculator that is around $550 today.

Flyer.jpgFlyer.jpg Safety_Zone_Pinball_3.jpgSafety_Zone_Pinball_3.jpg Safety_Zone_Pinball_9.jpgSafety_Zone_Pinball_9.jpg

#32 11 years ago

1934 Safety Zone....
    The game is in storage at the moment while I work out of the country....the green light may just stay blinking all the time...can't remember.
    The rod that goes from the green light area gets pulled down which raises the other 2 bars allowing the ball to go under it. They pivot on that thicker bar.
    The tilt plunger was missing so I had to make one out of a piece of aluminum round bar...which I "drilled" a divot in the top. Now it has a ball and works great.
    The elderly guy I bought it from had a great story about him buying the game back in the 60's from a New York "mobster" type operator friend of his. He kept it all this time until I bought it about 2 years ago. Who knows about the story but it sounded cool. He said this is the only one he ever saw....sure is the only one I have been able to come across and I searched the internet up and down for anyone having another one. I would love to know more about the history and how many others survived. It was a beautiful display in my game room. When I get back it will be set up once again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gsrogers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-just-bought-a-1932-pinball-machine?tu=gsrogers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.