Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Blu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

Before each ball launch pretend to sneeze into your hands. The germaphoebes will lose all concentration when they are up.

#25 7 years ago

You are not allowed to play Extra Balls in regular league play. Do not waste time going for them as many are sucker shots. Example is White Water. Going for that shot is asking for a drain.

So there is a good tip. Learn the league rules as well as the game rules.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blu:

You can play one extra ball. All the others you earn you just plunge, but you can plunge for the skill shot if the game has it. They are absolutely worth going for.

Play one extra ball? Sounds a bit difficult to monitor and just generally strange. I guess that is the rule your Tournament Director setup for your league.

What if bonus multipliers carry over? Can you skip the first extra ball offered (say on ball 1) hoping to get an EB on ball 3 when it is worth more?

The rule we use in league play is to disable any extra balls on the machine when possible. If not possible the extra ball needs to be plunged. The player can setup the skill shot however they want (for example moving a certain lane to be lit). But then they must plunge the ball and not touch the machine.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

... or advancing captive ball and using that strategy...

This strategy is more of a tragedy. That is a risk.

#34 7 years ago

To the OP that brings up another thing about playing in league. And it is something that the pros would consider wrong with the way I play.

"Play your game the way you practice"

I don't, I should. I risk a lot when practicing but generally in league play a bit conservative and hope the points I get are solid enough to beat the others. Unless by ball 2 or 3 I am so far behind I need the risk / reward to catch up. That means switching mid game and that is not good.

#38 7 years ago

I am in NEPL year round leagues in the 6 New England states (CT/MA/VT/NH/RI/ME). The last week of the last season was in 8 different locations and had 188 people show for that week. Our final tournament was at Pinball Wizards Arcade in New Hampshire and had 156 people to show for that day. That is a long day if you are not organized. Keep the rules simple and the games short by not having those EBs and everyone knows this so it is simple. Most of the people you are playing with in the final you do not play with on a regular basis. I played 3 rounds and of the 9 people I played in those rounds only 2 were from my location even though we have around 40 people per week.

While I have been playing and collecting machines for many years I never played competitive until this started only a few years ago. What a great experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-joined-a-league-help?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.