(Topic ID: 217105)

I have until 12 noon tomorrow to pick my new game!

By ralphs007

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180531_172756778 (resized).jpg
di11 (resized).jpg
294CFE55-AF83-4E11-8CF0-F4FD45EE7044 (resized).jpeg
aaaaaaa.jpg
aaa.jpg
4FB5B2EC-6D66-468F-9F22-28E8BC178165 (resized).jpeg
20180516_192903 (resized).jpg
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Okay,I have until lunch time tomorrow to pick one of these games. Dialed In,The Hobbit,Medieval Madness Remake and Attack from Mars Remake. I told my distributor today,that I'd give him a deposit tomorrow, for a "Dialed In" machine. I've been playing a lot of pinball lately,and I'd be happy owning any one of these four games! The only problem, only one game is going to make the cut.

This is much harder than I thought it would be. I really thought that it was going to be a piece of cake finding just one game. I'm going to sleep on it tonight,and hopefully,I'll have the answer tomorrow when I wake up. I think I'm going with DI,but damn,I had a blast playing The Hobbit,MMr and AFMR today.

Just for the hell of it,which game would you pick,for a first time pinball machine owner,who will only have one game in their house. I read over 100 pages about the pinball machine DI,and I'm a little concerned about some of the issues I'll be having with getting this game. I really enjoy this game,so I guess,I'll just have to be prepared to pay my dues, and deal with the issues,if I pick this game.
P.S
If I didn't set some kind of purchase deadline ,I'd take all summer to make up my mind.

#2 5 years ago

Dialed In hands down.

If you're going to buy a hobbit, buy it used (market on that game has really dropped out).

#3 5 years ago

Afmr

#4 5 years ago

Dile

Nothing else compares

#5 5 years ago

This is a very tough decision. Im not going to answer because i haven't played Dialed In but i cant wait to see what eveyone says.

#6 5 years ago

afmr. its plays a little better than mmr. topper is cool, display too.

#7 5 years ago

I don’t like the way the remakes play. They’re just different. I’d vote Dialed In. Hobbit is awful.

#8 5 years ago

MMR and AFMR didn’t last long in my collection. Fun games, but I wasn’t having twice as much as say a Stern pro, and actually didn’t play them nearly as much as the rest of my collection.

Don’t buy a NIB Hobbit, HUO are a couple thousand cheaper.

Dialed In by a long shot if you’re wanting to splurge!

#9 5 years ago

The easy scratch is hobbit...tough call on the other ones

#10 5 years ago

I've played all extensively except for The Hobbit which I haven't played at all. For longevity and overall fun, Dialed-In all day.

#11 5 years ago

I'll admit I'm not the biggest DI fan but if you're only going to have one game then DI it is (from the choices given).

#12 5 years ago

When in doubt, go with a Pat Lawlor designed game. In this case, DILE. While I hate cell phones, I find this to be a continuation of his natural disaster themed pins. Have played it locally frequently. Two thumbs up!

#13 5 years ago

I would say dialed in . Then afmle , then mmr and skip hobbit .

#14 5 years ago

Dialed In

#15 5 years ago

Dialed In

#16 5 years ago

Having played all those pins,I would go with the new AFMr! I don't dig cell phones

#17 5 years ago

Played dialed in on location today and despite stuffing it with money it never clicked for me. Ball got stuck once on lightning dudes track and had to tilt to free it.

You cant go wrong with afm or mm and i would go with which theme you like. I never ever want to sell my mmr LE. It has great shots and amazing sound and the playfield is just gorgeous.

Hail to the king, number one for a reason.

20180516_192903 (resized).jpg20180516_192903 (resized).jpg

#19 5 years ago

Brian Eddy games are so fun. I would go Medieval Madness. All time classic. For me, I must love everything about an $8,000 purchase including the theme, toys, etc. I will never love Bob the Builder or Red's cousin in the back of the game.

#20 5 years ago

I honestly cannot play dialed in because the theme is such a disaster for me. I literally cannot put money in it- I don’t care if it’s the best game ever- to me Pinball is at least 30-40% how it looks. Its big- loud- and if it looks amazing it’s just a cool thing-Dialed in gets a zero for me on 30-40% of why I collect and play pinball. Sucks for me cause I totally believe it’s an amazing game. Some day I will play it but I am still getting over its looks.

AFMR and MMR are amazing games and worth the money. The quality of the AFMR is amazing- The topper is amazing- It plays really really well (the one I pay to play has the lights set way to high so hopefully they are dimmable- worth checking). I actually am thinking about how to get one in the house and what game(s) would need to go.

I play a MMR a buddy owns all the time and it’s also amazing and has held up over the few years and gets played- it’s awesome and I would badly want one if I didn’t get to scratch that itch regularly and on the cheap.

Played Hobbit a bit now and again and not nearly the same as the above remade classics.

I would get AFMR all day.

#21 5 years ago

If you could swing afmle then that's the ticket. Otherwise di.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I honestly cannot play dialed in because the theme is such a disaster for me. I literally cannot put money in it- I don’t care if it’s the best game ever- to me Pinball is at least 30-40% how it looks. Its big- loud- and if it looks amazing it’s just a cool thing-Dialed in gets a zero for me on 30-40% of why I collect and play pinball. Sucks for me cause I totally believe it’s an amazing game. Some day I will play it but I am still getting over its looks.
AFMR and MMR are amazing games and worth the money. The quality of the AFMR is amazing- The topper is amazing- It plays really really well (the one I pay to play has the lights set way to high so hopefully they are dimmable- worth checking). I actually am thinking about how to get one in the house and what game(s) would need to go.
I play a MMR a buddy owns all the time and it’s also amazing and has held up over the few years and gets played- it’s awesome and I would badly want one if I didn’t get to scratch that itch regularly and on the cheap.
Played Hobbit a bit now and again and not nearly the same as the above remade classics.
I would get AFMR all day.

prob one of the weirdest posts ive ever read!

#23 5 years ago

Dialed In

#24 5 years ago

Dialed In has failed to excite me; I would personally go for AFMr. A classic game and that new oversized color DMD and bitchin' topper are just too cool!

#25 5 years ago

+1 for AFMr .. they did a fantastic job with this pin - especially the LE & interactive topper!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Played dialed in on location today and despite stuffing it with money it never clicked for me. Ball got stuck once on lightning dudes track and had to tilt to free it.
You cant go wrong with afm or mm and i would go with which theme you like. I never ever want to sell my mmr LE. It has great shots and amazing sound and the playfield is just gorgeous.
Hail to the king, number one for a reason.

100% agree.

#27 5 years ago

Dialed In 100%

#28 5 years ago

Get what ever calls to you because you’re the one that’s going to play it. I own a hobbit and love it, played DI on location and just didn’t enjoy it. MM and AFM are great games but are kind of easy and not very deep in rules. If you are a beginner and want a easy game MM AFM should fit perfectly. Hobbit is a deep rule based game with lots to do and great sound and display. Most people are going to advise you to pick a game they like but you are different than they are so you should stick to your gut feeling and start enjoying your new game whatever that may be.

#29 5 years ago

I think AFM might be the best game ever made, even if it's not my personal favorite. That said, I'd still probably suggest Dialed In. AFMR in second though...

#30 5 years ago

I would buy 2 or 3 used games.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

MMR and AFMR didn’t last long in my collection. Fun games, but I wasn’t having twice as much as say a Stern pro, and actually didn’t play them nearly as much as the rest of my collection.
Don’t buy a NIB Hobbit, HUO are a couple thousand cheaper.
Dialed In by a long shot if you’re wanting to splurge!

Spot on.

#32 5 years ago

You’ll enjoy any of them, just pick one, play it for a couple years and then get something else if you are bored with it. It’s a great time in the hobby to have these kinds of dilemmas.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

If you could swing afmle then that's the ticket. Otherwise di.

If he can’t swing AFMLE he should buy the more expensive DI?

#34 5 years ago

I'd pick the Dialed In. It's the best of what we have in pinball at the moment.

#35 5 years ago

Iron Maiden

#36 5 years ago

I’d go MMR on this one. I’m another who hasn’t been able to get into Dialed in, theme just doesn’t click with me and found the game play to be just ok. I like hobbit and Woz better in the JJP offerings.

#37 5 years ago

I just bought a green afmr Le. Worth every penny.

#38 5 years ago

Why do so many people on pinside solicit complete random strangers on the internet to make decisions like this. It is a game - buy the one you like to play the most.

Also - you won’t just have one pinball machine - no matter what you think right now. You’ll be back for another.

#39 5 years ago

Afmr or iron maiden. And I agree with a post above. You won't stop at one! Embrace the pin growth.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Why do so many people on pinside solicit complete random strangers on the internet to make decisions like this.

Hey... Even though I know you guys are idiots, I've asked my fair share of "what game should I get" questions around here. No harm in that!

Also, yea.. He's going to get more than one...

#41 5 years ago

Dialed in! Afm and mm are fun but not much to them, would get boring in a 1 game collection.

Dialed in has great shots, tons of modes and strategy

#43 5 years ago

To me its a no brainer, DI is loaded and tons of fun!! At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you choose, its pinball they are all fun.

#44 5 years ago

MMr all day. The others are all great games but Medieval Madness is just the best all around package of play, sound and theme. AFMr is a close second, then DI and finally Hobbit, which I really want to like but something just never connects for me.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Also, yea.. He's going to get more than one...

Yeah he is. He'll be in denial about it though - I know I was! I bought a T2 last year thinking that would be all I needed for years. A few months later it turned into T2+MET. Now yesterday, it turned into T2+MET+IMDN... It's like having rabbits! (only more expensive )

To the OP: I've played all of them except Hobbit, and if I were picking, I'd get DI. I think AFM and MM are fun, but they seem a little too simple and I think I'd get bored of them (I had over a billion points on AFM on like my 3rd ever play...).

#46 5 years ago

I wouldn't rush into any pin purchase. Take time to play the games you are interested in as much as you can. All the opinions here should tell you that not all pins click with everyone. One other thing to keep in mind is that you are not stuck with a pin. Some games do not hold their value as well as others. The advantage there is to buy that game used and save a lot. Buying used also means that any issues with the game should of been sorted. However, all pins used or new are going to have issues at some point. Dealing with issues is just part of pin ownership.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Why do so many people on pinside solicit complete random strangers on the internet to make decisions like this. It is a game - buy the one you like to play the most.

I think it might be validation of an opinion he has already formed, than really asking or taking the advice given.

#48 5 years ago

DI or IMDN.

MMR got stale quick for me.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I think it might be validation of an opinion he has already formed, than really asking or taking the advice given.

You hit the nail on the head!

#50 5 years ago

Validation or sometimes you get good info like issues with certain games or what year/model may be better for longevity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-until-12-noon-tomorrow-to-pick-my-new-game?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.