(Topic ID: 217105)

I have until 12 noon tomorrow to pick my new game!

By ralphs007

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180531_172756778 (resized).jpg
di11 (resized).jpg
294CFE55-AF83-4E11-8CF0-F4FD45EE7044 (resized).jpeg
aaaaaaa.jpg
aaa.jpg
4FB5B2EC-6D66-468F-9F22-28E8BC178165 (resized).jpeg
20180516_192903 (resized).jpg
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

If I ever get another game,I think it's going to me MMR.The only problem I see with that game,is the noise it makes when the castle is destroyed.I'm an insomniac,and that noise would wake my wife up,if I was playing at 3:00 am.

The hobbit drop targets are loud AF

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

1. Scratch Hobbit off the list. It is 1/2 priced used.

Really? Why the hell did people spend over 13 thousand for a NIB hobbit!?

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

1. Scratch Hobbit off the list.
It is 1/2 priced used.
2. If AFMR is not an LE Scratch it off.
That leaves you with 2 great pin to choose from.
I have owned all these pins. Almost all in the same room at the same time. It is a tough call between MMR and DI.
Both great and both different.
Good luck sleeping tonight!!

Totally disagree about not being an LE scratch off AFMR. Would be missing out on a fantastic game. They did an excellent job with that one.

#104 5 years ago

WOW DILE Congrats, I do love mine.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Totally disagree about not being an LE scratch off AFMR. Would be missing out on a fantastic game. They did an excellent job with that one.

If buying Nib it would have to be LE on AFMR it is loaded.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Really? Why the hell did people spend over 13 thousand for a NIB hobbit!?

Hobbit has dropped like a rock.

If I am giving advice to someone buying a NIB pin. I would tell them do not buy Hobbit as the second you open that box the value drop big time. Hobbit on secondary market has great deals.

Do you think buying a NIB Hobbit is a good move?

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hobbit has dropped like a rock.
If I am giving advice to someone buying a NIB pin. I would tell them do not buy Hobbit as the second you open that box the value drop big time. Hobbit on secondary market has great deals.
Do you think buying a NIB Hobbit is a good move?

Depends on the price point you got in at. $9500? Yes. $8k? Not as bad. $7.5k, not bad at all in my opinion. HUO Hobbit LE's and SE's are currently in the $6.5k-$7200 range on average, sure a couple here and there have gone below or above that but that's the current average pricing. Location, mods and condition plays heavily into pricing for Hobbit and any pin.

Personally I would recommend the OP to buy a HUO Hobbit now as prices will go up, as they often do, when code is completed..and one hell of a big update for The Hobbit is coming based on everything I've read and heard. Same thing happened with Metallica and Star Trek. Lot's of positive changes coming to Hobbit's code which will only make it better and more desirable.

#108 5 years ago

FREE cheesesteaks ,soft pretzels and beer for anyone willing to help me set up my new Dialed In These cheesesteaks are so big,that you can make another sandwich,with the meat that falls out.
I'll have my game ,on June 1st , so mark your calendar.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

FREE cheasesteaks ,soft pretzels and beer for anyone willing to help me set up my new Dialed In These cheesesteaks are so big,that you can make another sandwich,with the meat that falls out.
I'll have my game ,on June 1st,so mark it on you calendar.

Lol, sounds good! Congrats on getting a Dialed In, incredible pin.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

FREE cheasesteaks ,soft pretzels and beer for anyone willing to help me set up my new Dialed In These cheesesteaks are so big,that you can make another sandwich,with the meat that falls out.

Congrats on DI . Great choice. Now on to pin#2.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, sounds good! Congrats on getting a Dialed In, incredible pin.

Thanks

#112 5 years ago

Congrats on your new pin!! Have fun!!! We are definitely enjoying our dialed in

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats on DI . Great choice. Now on to pin#2.

Thank you.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If buying Nib it would have to be LE on AFMR it is loaded.

Sorry but I actually don't like the way the big DMD looks and not into the topper for the extra cash.

DI - nice choice

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yeah, I'm nearby. I actually like the Zep's from Lou's....

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

It might help to advertise what city you live in. I will help if you're not far away.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yeah, I'm nearby. I actually like the Zep's from Lou's....

It's funny that you mentioned Lou's.One of the rangers that works at the golf course I'm a member at,brings me a bag of them a couple of times a year.I think he's a nephew of the owner.
Do you want hot peppers on yours?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

It's funny that you mentioned Lou's.One of the rangers that works at the golf course I'm a member at,brings me a bag of them a couple of times a year.I think he's a nephew of the owner.
Do you want hot peppers on yours?

I like it with everything!!

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

It might help to advertise what city you live in. I will help if you're not far away.

I can see my location when I'm online? So all you see is my avatar?

#120 5 years ago

CONGRATS on your DI. It's the best game available on the market today. PERIOD!! Fun for all ages, kid friendly and very entertaining. Have fun with it. I do every weekend.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Yep must be a privacy setting in your control panel.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

CONGRATS on your DI. It's the best game available on the market today. PERIOD!! Fun for all ages, kid friendly and very entertaining. Have fun with it. I do every weekend.

What I’m liking is that I’m a techno geek and the (3) LCD screens: phone, theatre, and back box, the selfie camera, the magnets, the way the theater can change the way the ball is received depending on the mode.

I love the lighting effects, while I still think Woz is better pin overall, DI is more advanced in the backbox displays and while DI is a standard body it seems to (probably does) have a lot more shots than Woz (not counting stand ups).

DI may be one of the most killer layout I’ve owned. I’m not taking anything away from standard layouts but it’s nice to have something like DI in a collection.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What I’m liking is that I’m a techno geek and the (3) LCD screens: phone, theatre, and back box, the selfie camera, the magnets, the way the theater can change the way the ball is received depending on the mode.
I love the lighting effects, while I still think Woz is better pin overall, DI is more advanced in the backbox displays and while DI is a standard body it seems to (probably does) have a lot more shots than Woz (not counting stand ups).
DI may be one of the most killer layout I’ve owned. I’m not taking anything away from standard layouts but it’s nice to have something like DI in a collection.

Nice collection by the way.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nice collection by the way.

thanks, some aight say too many Stern pins but I can't figure which ones to cut loose. I sold LotR (replaced with DI) and before that sold STLE (replaced with WoZ).

#125 5 years ago

Underrated comment.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

We can’t. So where should I show up for the cheesesteak and beer? That’s way more than I usually get paid for helping to move a game.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks, some aight say too many Stern pins but I can't figure which ones to cut loose. I sold LotR (replaced with DI) and before that sold STLE (replaced with WoZ).

I'm not the biggest fan of Stern (I'll probably own a few someday (AC/DC for example)), but I will say of all the Stern games, you have some of their best titles. If I had to chose, I would say get rid of Iron Man first. Then it gets tough after that.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

We can’t. So where should I show up for the cheesesteak and beer? That’s way more than I usually get paid for helping to move a game.

Can you see me now?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Can you see me now?

Norristown, PA! I don't think we can be friends if you're an Eagles fan though...

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Can you see me now?

I can! Unfortunately 5.5 hours each way to help setup a pinball machine is a bit too far, even for me.

#131 5 years ago

di11 (resized).jpgdi11 (resized).jpg

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Norristown, PA! I don't think we can be friends if you're an Eagles fan though...

I don't really follow football so I'm not even sure how the Eagles did this year.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I can! Unfortunately 5.5 hours each way to help setup a pinball machine is a bit too far, even for me.

I have a local pinsider coming over to help me,but I could use a hand painting my house this summer. No beer until we're done for the day,because you'll be working off of a ladder.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I don't really follow football so I'm not even sure how the Eagles did this year.

We can be friends again.

When does your DI get delivered?

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

We can be friends again.
When does your DI get delivered?

I'm picking it up next Friday, hopefully I can talk my buddy into helping me pick it up on Thursday instead.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm not the biggest fan of Stern (I'll probably own a few someday (AC/DC for example), but I will say of all the Stern games, you have some of their best titles. If I had to chose, I would say get rid of Iron Man first. Then it gets tough after that.

I have really hard to decide what I'd sell at all. Sure I do have four John Borg pins (IM,Tron,Met,TWD) but they these are all super fun.

I didn't wish to sell STLE or LotR but glad to have got the two DI LE and Woz RR that takes the sting out of selling two great pins.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I didn't wish to sell STLE or LotR but glad to have got the two DI LE and Woz RR that takes the sting out of selling two great pins.

Don’t worry, we’re taking great care of your old pin!! Everyone that’s played LOTR comments on how nice it is. Have fun with your Dialed In!! We are enjoying ours!

#138 5 years ago

Picked up my game today. Papapin came over today and helped me set it up,thanks again Henry!

IMG_20180531_172756778 (resized).jpgIMG_20180531_172756778 (resized).jpg
#139 5 years ago

Ralphs007 Have fun with your new pin!!

#140 5 years ago

Thank you. My wife never really played much pinball,but she seemed to really enjoy playing Dialed In today. I'm hoping that I get her addicted to pinball, so that we can get rid of that stupid dining table,and get a MMr.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Picked up my game today. Papapin came over today and helped me set it up,thanks again Henry!

Hey Ralph, It was a lot of fun setting it up. Thanks for the invite, nothing like drinking beer, playing pinball & eating zep's!!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Hey Ralph, It was a lot of fun setting it up. Thanks for the invite, nothing like drinking beer, playing pinball & eating zep's!!

You have to come back again,when I can keep my dogs outside,instead of locked in the bedroom. The Jack Russell is little pest ,when she gets locked in the bedroom. Hercules,just goes to sleep,but she keeps scratching at the door.
Thanks again!

#143 5 years ago

Congrats on your new game, you picked a good one for sure!

1 week later
#144 5 years ago

Congrats on the new game. But I would've gone with MMR all day everyday, there's reason why it's always #1 in the ranking. If it walks likes duck, quacks likes a duck,it probably is a duck. But regardless you are gonna have a blast

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

while DI is a standard body it seems to (probably does) have a lot more shots than Woz (not counting stand ups).

DI isn't a widebody??? I must've been mistaken this whole time.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Congrats on the new game. But I would've gone with MMR all day everyday, there's reason why it's always #1 in the ranking. If it walks likes duck, quacks likes a duck,it probably is a duck. But regardless you are gonna have a blast

I'm really enjoying my Dialed In,and I'm glad that I picked this for my first game.
I'm hoping that I can get a MMr in the future. I really don't have room left on my first floor,unless I get rid of that stupid recliner that nobody even sits in.

#147 5 years ago

Glad to see your DILE is setup and is getting played. Can we see a pic of the giant cheesesteaks and beer now?

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Glad to see your DILE is setup and is getting played. Can we see a pic of the giant cheesesteaks and beer now?

Next time I buy a cheesesteak,I'll post a picture for you.This is the guy who created this monster cheesesteak . I like it when big people make sandwiches for me,they're not afraid to make it too big !

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#149 5 years ago

Too late they were eaten!! No cheesesteaks, Zeps....Mmm,Mmm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-until-12-noon-tomorrow-to-pick-my-new-game/page/3?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.