(Topic ID: 217105)

I have until 12 noon tomorrow to pick my new game!

By ralphs007

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20180531_172756778 (resized).jpg
di11 (resized).jpg
294CFE55-AF83-4E11-8CF0-F4FD45EE7044 (resized).jpeg
aaaaaaa.jpg
aaa.jpg
4FB5B2EC-6D66-468F-9F22-28E8BC178165 (resized).jpeg
20180516_192903 (resized).jpg
There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

should i date the the nice ugly fatter girl, or should i date the mean hot chick with no teeth? Thanks Guys, i'll know you'll make the right choice for me!

Quoted from brainmegaphone:Why do so many people on pinside solicit complete random strangers on the internet to make decisions like this. It is a game - buy the one you like to play the most.
Also - you won’t just have one pinball machine - no matter what you think right now. You’ll be back for another.

#54 5 years ago

Well...?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

the pinball machine DI,and I'm a little concerned about some of the issues I'll be having with getting this game.

#DialedIn
If you're having issues actually GETTING the game find a distributor with one in stock. A game you can play is always better than a game you are waiting on.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

You hit the nail on the head!

so...

what did you pick?

#57 5 years ago

..... must be on Pacific Standard Time!

#58 5 years ago

Hard to say I’ll pick AFM because I didn’t love DI and prefer the larger display of AFM over the MMr small display.

However I’d not get that if it was me I’d get SM plus Met pro (or two $4800 games even if I had to throw in something extra money).

Honestly if one pin (only) would get RR Woz over your list of 4. I can’t think of a pin that’s better than Woz, and I didn’t like it initially.

But if it’s one of those four I’d go with AFM.

#59 5 years ago

Hobbit is an easy scratch. Gets boring fast. I've tried to get into DI but cannot for some reason.

Played AFMr and had a blast. MMr is really fun too. I'd choose whatever you like between these 2. Especially if it's your only pin.

#60 5 years ago

get med evil madness

#61 5 years ago

He’s deactivated his account... that’s weird.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

He’s deactivated his account... that’s weird.

He realized how ridiculous is it to spend $7-$9k on a toy and said "F' this what the hell am I doing!?" Or maybe his wife found out about this forum and knows his username!

#63 5 years ago

I own AFMr, MMr, and The Hobbit. AFMr and MMr are reliable but easy and basic, not very deep code. The Hobbit is a wonderful cinematic experience but is like 75% movie to 25% game. I still enjoy it a lot though and it blows people away with the audio and callouts. I've never been a big fan of Dialed In but haven't put in enough games to really give it a fair shot.

With all that being said, I think Dialed In is your best bet for playability, fun shots, unique theme, and challenge.

#64 5 years ago

I'd go:

AFM - Best all-around game ever made.
Dialed In - You kids might play it because it has a cell phone on it.
MM - Amazing game, you can't go wrong.
Hobbit - Not a bad game, but it did not even have a chance against the above 3.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don’t like the way the remakes play. They’re just different. I’d vote Dialed In. Hobbit is awful.

Is there a thread on this? I only got to play an AFMr for the first time @ Allentown ... there is a slight difference (I thought people were being too fussy ... but there was certainly a difference). The game itself is worth it ... this "difference" is NOT a criticism ... it simply "feels" like the buttons and flippers are, I don't know how to explain it, "lighter" or something ... not "weaker" ... just lighter or something ... difficult to explain.

I'd still buy either remake if I were in the market for one ... they're great!

#66 5 years ago

There was a thread some time ago that started with a claim that the remakes had a software induced lag (evidence was presented) on the flipppers- that thread ended with the claim being debunked (awesome thread- all helped and worked together to figure out how to actually measure this) and it has literally been proven that at the millisecond time scale- flipper response on the games is essentially identical- given that the flippers are the only thing I can control when I play I think it’s safe to say they play pretty dang close to the originals. I prefer the remakes. Its a new game that costs 8,000 dollars! It better play as good or better than (or at least feel like it does) than a 30 yr old game with 40,000 plays on it.

#69 5 years ago

From most comments (and the TOP 100), I will be in the minority on my opinion for sure. But for what it's worth. If I could trade in (even though I couldn't) 1 for 1 my Hobbit for any of the other 3 I would keep my Hobbit.

#70 5 years ago

And the suspense goes on ... no more Ralph. What happened to Ralph? Did his wife find out he was shopping for Pins or was he trolling the forums to start debate? Next week on the most exciting episode of Pinside History ... Ralph's big reveal.

#71 5 years ago

Was he murdered at 11:59 am?

4FB5B2EC-6D66-468F-9F22-28E8BC178165 (resized).jpeg4FB5B2EC-6D66-468F-9F22-28E8BC178165 (resized).jpeg

#72 5 years ago

DI!!

#73 5 years ago

Was everyone in this thread just semi-trolled by the OP? If so the question is why?

Who asks a question like this and then inactivates their account in less than 24 hours without telling everyone what they decided? How strange...

#74 5 years ago

I think he chose the Hobbit and didnt want anyone else to know.

(J/k ...I want a hobbit!)

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Who asks a question like this and then inactivates their account in less than 24 hours without telling everyone what they decided? How strange...

Ya but he has been a member since Apr 1st, is this like the craziest April fool's ever?

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Ya but he has been a member since Apr 1st, is this like the craziest April fool's ever?

It's the lamest, but also the most respected.

#77 5 years ago

Ok we all have until 12 noon tomorrow to decide who the OP really was... or what happened to him.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Played dialed in on location today and despite stuffing it with money it never clicked for me. Ball got stuck once on lightning dudes track and had to tilt to free it.
You cant go wrong with afm or mm and i would go with which theme you like. I never ever want to sell my mmr LE. It has great shots and amazing sound and the playfield is just gorgeous.
Hail to the king, number one for a reason.

Ball stuck on return wireform by the lightning dude, means the lightning part is put on upside down by the operator. You could give him a head's up about it if you are interested enough. I tipped off a DI operator for the same thing last year. This is an install by owner part assembled after shipping, for some reason not factory installed.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so...
what did you pick?

Probably a nice fat booger...

#80 5 years ago

OMG TELL US!

#81 5 years ago

I think ralph works as agent 007, it’s possible that he had to go on a mission and may have even given his life in service of the queen. In fact, his name was probably not Ralph, it was Bond, James Bond

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Ball stuck on return wireform by the lightning dude, means the lightning part is put on upside down by the operator. You could give him a head's up about it if you are interested enough. I tipped off a DI operator for the same thing last year. This is an install by owner part assembled after shipping, for some reason not factory installed.

He said the track, not the wireform. He didn't "Have to tilt", if he was patient the ball search would have freed it up.

#84 5 years ago

You are looking at the wrong games, I would jump on the “ nearly immaculate” Baywatch for sale in Lexington.... IMO.

#85 5 years ago

Proof that no one reads threads they just respond blindly...

#86 5 years ago

aaa.jpgaaa.jpg

#87 5 years ago

That milk carton should say supreme on one side

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

That milk carton should say supreme on one side

aaaaaaa.jpgaaaaaaa.jpg

#89 5 years ago

294CFE55-AF83-4E11-8CF0-F4FD45EE7044 (resized).jpeg294CFE55-AF83-4E11-8CF0-F4FD45EE7044 (resized).jpeg

#90 5 years ago

Quoted from brainmegaphone:Proof that no one reads threads they just respond blindly...

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why post in a thread if you didn't even read it?

#91 5 years ago

This would be the ultimate call out for not completing a hurry up shot on a pulp fiction machine!

#92 5 years ago

I was right, he is picking a booger!!

#93 5 years ago

I'M BACK BABY!
Here's why I've been missing in action. I wanted to change my screen name,because the one I picked,was temporary. I wasn't sure I was even going to buy a machine,so I used ralphs007. Once I decided I was going to buy a game,and I was going to stick around for awhile,I wanted to pick a better screen name.
That's where the problems started.I thought all I had to do was deactivate my account,and then open a new account with my new screen name. Turns out ,it doesn't work that way.

Once you deactivate your account,you have to wait 30 days,to reactivate your account. I contacted Pinside,and explained my mistake,and they fixed it for me,sweet! I did find the comments about what happened to me amusing,but it was killing me,not being able to respond. I think I may have the record for the longest dramatic pause (six days) in the history of the internet.

So here's what everyone's been waiting for,my first pinball machine is gonna be "Dialed In". I'll be placing my order this coming Friday.

#94 5 years ago

I just got DI and it's awesome, you are starting out in the big leagues.

I've owned 21 pins and can say DI is probably one of the most impressive pins ever. I can't say if it's going to be one of the all time greats because it's still relatively new and people will moon over anything when it's new.

#95 5 years ago

1. Scratch Hobbit off the list.
It is 1/2 priced used.

2. If AFMR is not an LE Scratch it off.

That leaves you with 2 great pin to choose from.

I have owned all these pins. Almost all in the same room at the same time. It is a tough call between MMR and DI.

Both great and both different.
Good luck sleeping tonight!!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

1. Scratch Hobbit off the list.
It is 1/2 priced used.
2. If AFMR is not an LE Scratch it off.
That leaves you with 2 great pin to choose from.
I have owned all these pins. Almost all in the same room at the same time. It is a tough call between MMR and DI.
Both great and both different.
Good luck sleeping tonight!!

If I ever get another game,I think it's going to me MMR.The only problem I see with that game,is the noise it makes when the castle is destroyed.I'm an insomniac,and that noise would wake my wife up,if I was playing at 3:00 am.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

If I ever get another game,

It's more of a matter of WHEN not if!

Enjoy your game!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's more of a matter of WHEN not if!

And start picking out where game #2 will be. It WILL happen.

#99 5 years ago

DI LE comes with headphone jack.

#100 5 years ago

Welcome back and congrats!

Glad this did not turn out to be a story about a safe w unknown contents that you are going to open... only to leave and reappear six days later,the safe is open, and nothing was inside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-until-12-noon-tomorrow-to-pick-my-new-game/page/2?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.