(Topic ID: 23793)

I have to stop buying games

By CaptainNeo

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

b65368ba045eef7f7746f52f5ca42bff.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my wife doesn't care what I buy or how much. I pretty much can do what I want. Unfortunately my house layout has put the kabosh on that. Luckily I have friends that have plenty of space.

Same here. The wife encourages it.

I can't walk into a room in my house without thinking where I can put pins.

Can't. Stop. Buying. Pins.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My wife has imposed a current limit of two.
    For ten years it was only one.
    We have no plans of moving.

Tell her the limit on shoes is two. See that double-standard change PDQ.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

My wife put a limit of 4 pins 2 years ago. Now I have 8.

A+ wife management. A virtual beer to you sir!

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

10 pins always seemed like a nice round number for a collection.

Agreed. And then I brought my eleventh. Dammit.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think everyone should stop buying games after about 6 or 7 tops. After that you're just hoarding or OCD about getting more titles and having the best collection or something and you're likely keeping pins that you don't play that much out of circulation for everybody.
    I'm sure 100 or 1000 people will now say "I play my pins everyday" or I'm the party meister and I have parties every week where all my friends play my pins. And that's GREAT if true. But I think there are a lot of people with a room full of A (or B snd C) titles that never get played and they keep adding more and more games to the collection, building home additions to fit their games, putting them in storage, whatever. Stop the madness. It's unhealthy, really.

Impossible to set a number. If someone said 1 or two max would you abide?

It's human nature. There's places in the world they have NOTHING but family, clothes on their back, a daily meal, and a belief in a god.

There are the haves, and the have nots. We that have aren't any better off than those that don't. I've seen it first hand, here at home and overseas. But it's the way we are, coupled with supply and demand. There's no feasible way to put a number on what's acceptable that all would agree with. It's personal choice. There's someone that will always have more, and less. Happiness is when you know you have enough, and no one but yourself can decide that for you.

BTW I'm selling my Tron. I'll be down to 10 pins. A personal triumph, dammit.

Brian

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No it's not. I set my number based on my opinion. Everyone sets their own number....but by the looks of this thread it sounds like some people aren't really in control of themselves. Even if it's pinball, that strikes me as a less than optimal place to be. But judgements of self control aside, yes I think pin hoarders may have a negative impact on pricing and supply and thereby a negative impact on the hobby.

How would you define loss of control? If someone set a "moral" limit of 2 would you abide? If they said you lost control by having three would you think they're nuts?

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My gameroom holds 25, my shop 10.

You suck.

I'm a 5/5. I can push it to 10 in my shop but then I have to park on the driveway.

#99 11 years ago

Oye, this thread is getting ugly. Time for a crappy attempt at levity.

b65368ba045eef7f7746f52f5ca42bff.jpgb65368ba045eef7f7746f52f5ca42bff.jpg

#106 11 years ago

AHA! the infamous "Fat Cat Diversion" worked. I'm a genious. Boo Ha Ha.

So about me running out of space....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-to-stop-buying-games?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.