7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pinballslave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

b65368ba045eef7f7746f52f5ca42bff.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

Running out of room is the worst. I'd rather be out of money than room. Once your out, you need a new house, and that's a lot harder to do, than to come up with funds for the pin that's next on your want list. Damn this sucks....must .....stop.....buying.........must........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't stop.

Btw, WTB Zaccaria Spooky, within 5 hour drive of SE Wi.

#2 7 years ago

Yep...agreed. I can't even fit 5 in one room now. Painful.

#3 7 years ago

Sell me your JP! Now you have room!

#4 7 years ago

Heck of a collection you go going there! Build an extension to your house! Sell some of your lesser played/liked pins! Give pins to charity!

#5 7 years ago

Oh boo hoo!

#6 7 years ago

Man. Finding more space. That's the ultimate dilemma for all pin collectors, once collections start multiplying.

Wish I had CaptainNeo's problem of finding space for more than 20 pins.

#7 7 years ago

Get a Cactus Canyon, why don't you?

Dan

#8 7 years ago

no way. Cactus canyon isn't even in my top 30. If I had room for 30 plus the ball bowler, i'd be content. I had room for 22, until the ball bowler showed up. Had to move a whole row of pins to a friends house after that. It's just too much fun not to have in the house tho. Guests love it.

#9 7 years ago

I can help you out if you need to get rid of anything.

#10 7 years ago

My wife helps to control my pinball buying urges.

#11 7 years ago

I have to stop buying games---Join the club. I, and many others are in the same position of wanting more pinball machines than our homes can fit.

#12 7 years ago

maybe we should have shirts or members only jackets made.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no way. Cactus Canyon isn't even in my top 30. If I had room for 30 plus the ball bowler, i'd be content. I had room for 22, until the ball bowler showed up. Had to move a whole row of pins to a friends house after that. It's just too much fun not to have in the house tho. Guests love it.

Given your well-publicized antipathy for CC, I was being facetious.

Dan

#14 7 years ago

Is swords of fury really a keeper?

#15 7 years ago

absolutely! I love SOF. Love the unique layout. Progressive leveling up drop target system. Overall feel, looks and even the sounds. My SOF will not leave unless I get stupid money for it.

#16 7 years ago

Did you find a Robot?

Speaking of Spooky.. isn't there only a handful around including some overseas? That one might be a real tall order!

#17 7 years ago

I have been in the "I have to stop buying mode" for the last 2 years but Stern keeps coming out with these themes that I really like and I just keep buying. I am 100% percent out of room. I think I'm gonna have to start stock piling games at the parents house.

#18 7 years ago

Out of room? That's perposterous! You're not over capacity, you're just temporarily underbuilt. Time to add on or change locations.

#19 7 years ago

I've got 99 problems but space ain't one.
    The 2nd or 3rd best reason for being a collector operator :^)

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

I have been in the "I have to stop buying mode" for the last 2 years but Stern keeps coming out with these themes that I really like and I just keep buying. I am 100% percent out of room. I think I'm gonna have to start stock piling games at the parents house.

haha! all EMs I buy go to my parents' for their enjoyment.

#21 7 years ago

when you live in the middle of your town, expanding is usually not an option. No place to expand here. THat's why I thought about selling off the collection. Pay off the house and then I can buy a new one and rent this one out. Rebuy pins from scratch and start over.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Running out of room is the worst. I'd rather be out of money than room. Once your out, you need a new house, and that's a lot harder to do, than to come up with funds for the pin that's next on your want list. Damn this sucks....must .....stop.....buying.........must........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't stop.

Totally understand. I built a storage shed / shop in the backyard to rotate pins in and out. I can store 10 out there and work on them there then cart them in. It wasn't too expensive. You might consider something similar.

#23 7 years ago

I dont' trust garages or storage sheds. If something happens, its' not covered under my insurance and too easy for break ins. Besides, if I put up a shed in my backyard, I'd no longer have a back yard.

#24 7 years ago

How can it be a collection without AFM? i would trade out the CV for AFM (j/k)

#25 7 years ago

I too am out of room. Tapped out at 11 in the basement. Trying to convince my wife that we should convert my son's old room (with his blessing) to an exercise room freeing up space for my pins in the basement. It'll take a little time, but I think it will work.

9 in there now, looking to sell one, leaving 8. Got F14, CC and MB coming, which would max out the space there.

Now I am close to a deal of a very nice PM and an RFM, both for $2600. Cannot turn this down when it happens. Nice problem to have.

Quoted from markmon:

Totally understand. I built a storage shed / shop in the backyard to rotate pins in and out. I can store 10 out there and work on them there then cart them in. It wasn't too expensive. You might consider something similar.

Cool idea!

I know a guy who built a two story building with an elevator. Top floor a gazillion pins; bottom floor a workshop and paint booth.

Dan

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

How can it be a collection without AFM? i would trade out the CV for AFM (j/k)

Oh the horror. I already own LOTR and RFM. That's enough fan patterns, and I don't need the Economy Bally/Williams pin taking up valuable space. If they actually put some stuff on the playfield, it might be better. I've seen woodrails with more shit on the playfield than AFM has.

#27 7 years ago

I'm putting the finishing touches on a 30x 20 pinball shack.alot code hassles with the town and what not but it's coming together.Should be able to have about 20 max,16 real comfortable with room for a place to work on/maintain them plus tool and parts storage.Scott

#28 7 years ago

I know the feeling. Great pins are always popping up left and right on buy/sell forums,
    it can be quite tempting. Perhaps we should set up a Pinballs Anonymous subforum

#29 7 years ago

we would all need to be there, so basically they should just rename this forum.

#30 7 years ago

More first world problems...
    I wouldn't mind having that as a problem. My wife has put a stop to my pins at four. At least at our current house.

#31 7 years ago

my wife doesn't care what I buy or how much. I pretty much can do what I want. Unfortunately my house layout has put the kabosh on that. Luckily I have friends that have plenty of space.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I dont' trust garages or storage sheds. If something happens, its' not covered under my insurance and too easy for break ins. Besides, if I put up a shed in my backyard, I'd no longer have a back yard.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just called my insurance agent to verify everything in it is covered. Guess it is. My shed is more of a shop with carpet, insulated walls, heat and a/c. Hold 10 pins plus room to work

Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I'm putting the finishing touches on a 30x 20 pinball shack.alot code hassles with the town and what not but it's coming together.Should be able to have about 20 max,16 real comfortable with room for a place to work on/maintain them plus tool and parts storage.Scott

30 feet holds a row of 12. You can easily have two rows of 12 with massive space between them to work.

#33 7 years ago

For me , i have enough space to install more then 100 pinball machines . Well .

The next step is how to control the energy invoice .
    The last one was difficult to agree

Do you ask a fee , when you do a "open pinball party' with all machines lit ?

#34 7 years ago

I just rented a 1200 ft space to help deal with my pin problem. I can't pass up good deals which is why I have 20 of then now. Sick and wrong but hey the space allows me to store all of my pins plus my truck which no longer has to sit in the driveway. The wife approves

#35 7 years ago

PS got hammered tonight but managed 16B on AFM. Not great but not bad. Happy Labor day!

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my wife doesn't care what I buy or how much. I pretty much can do what I want. Unfortunately my house layout has put the kabosh on that. Luckily I have friends that have plenty of space.

Same here. The wife encourages it.

I can't walk into a room in my house without thinking where I can put pins.

Can't. Stop. Buying. Pins.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

My wife has put a stop to my pins at four. At least at our current house.

My wife has imposed a current limit of two.
    For ten years it was only one.
    We have no plans of moving.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

My wife has imposed a current limit of two.
    For ten years it was only one.
    We have no plans of moving.

Tell her the limit on shoes is two. See that double-standard change PDQ.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Tell her the limit on shoes is two. See that double-standard change PDQ.

Unfortunately my wife is very practical and does not collect shoes.

For me, the limit is probably a healthy thing. Otherwise I would be
    looking at building or renting a space to store a massive pin collection in.

#40 7 years ago

If my wife was telling me what I could or couldn't have or do, I couldn't be married. No joke.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Is your climate controlled - or just a shed? Curious as I have a small shed to store but no electricity to it.

Just read down and saw the answer. Love to see pics of those who have external sheds to work/store pins.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Is your climate controlled - or just a shed? Curious as I have a small shed to store but no electricity to it.

Was built as a 12x20 shed with vaulted ceiling. The wood panel walls are insulated, has a breaker panel, heating and a/c and a thermostat on the wall. the whole 250 sq foot shop carpeted cost me $11000 and that includes a massive amount of cement pavement. I have about 50 feet of paths going from front of house to shop then to back of house so I can cart pins in on my own. The cement work was prob about $3000 of the $11000.

Currently, house gameroom holds 25 and shop holds 10. 35 and I'm full. It's actually pretty nice to rotate them in and out. Keeps them fresh.

#43 7 years ago

My wife put a limit of 4 pins 2 years ago. Now I have 8.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

A+ wife management. A virtual beer to you sir!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

If my wife was telling me what I could or couldn't have or do, I couldn't be married. No joke.

So much for shared space, eh? It is not just my home and I don't have much room for pins at the house we are in now. The reason for the limit is more spacial, not arbitrarily demanding.

Quoted from dannunz:

Besides, she remembers when I said three was my limit. I now have four. Oops

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

So much for shared space, eh? It is not just my home and I don't have much room for pins at the house we are in now. The reason for the limit is more spacial, not arbitrarily demanding.

My response came directly below HeyYouSir who indicated that he couldn't even rent another space for pins due to his wife. That is arbitrarily demanding and I wouldn't be in such a marriage. I've seen friends in this sort of situation. It never makes any sense.

I totally understand if we are talking about having them in the living room. But thats a separate argument. Owning them vs having them unsightly in the middle of the living area.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

My response came directly below HeyYouSir who indicated that he couldn't even rent another space for pins due to his wife. That is arbitrarily demanding and I wouldn't be in such a marriage. I've seen friends in this sort of situation. It never makes any sense.

My apologies! Coffee time!
    PS. I have three in the living room.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'd rather be out of money than room.

I'd rather be out of room than money. You can always buy more room even if it requires more property. I once thought of buying a small industrial building (about 30'x70') that is less than a half mile from my home. It was listed for $98k and sold for $92k in 2005. I screwed up by passing it by.

Money may not by happiness, but it's the handiest stuff you'll ever find.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I'd rather be out of room than money. You can always buy more room even if it requires more property. I once thought of buying a small industrial building (about 30'x70') that is less than a half mile from my home. It was listed for $98k and sold for $92k in 2005. I screwed up by passing it by.

Money may not by happiness, but it's the handiest stuff you'll ever find.

When you have an itch to play pinball do you really want to drive half a mile? Cool alternative.

#50 7 years ago

I've been paying for storage for the last 8 years, I look at it as just a cost of the hobby, much like replacing glass, legs, etc. Very depressing to turn down an opportunity on a good deal because you are out of space, having good storage eliminates that, but it can also lead to uncontrolled buying. I thought I was topped out at 20, but then the opportunity for very affordable storage came my way, and without that space restraint, things got a little crazy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 209.99
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 16.00
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside