(Topic ID: 197042)

UPDATE: I have to sell my entire collection and start over...

By cosmokramer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Micky
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170908_210251 (resized).jpg
20170908_212319 (resized).jpg
20170908_211009 (resized).jpg
20170908_210959 (resized).jpg
20170908_210742 (resized).jpg
20170908_210716 (resized).jpg
20170907_073916 (resized).jpg
20170907_073743 (resized).jpg
71t-TERdruL._AC_UL320_SR212,320_ (resized).jpg
DSC04169 (resized).JPG
DSC05221 (resized).JPG
IMG_1055 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 6 years ago

I had to start my collection over due to a financial situation. I got my first pin in 6th grade (back in the early '70's). It was a wood rail Dancing Dolls (if you have ever seen the movie Biloxi Blues the pinball machine in it was mine, on loan to the production company). I kept that machine through college and after marriage. I started a computer systems integration business after college and often traded services for old EM machines. I ended up with a nice collection of Gottlieb machines, a shuffle bowler, and an EM shooter. The computer business became very difficult in the early '90's so I stored my collection in my father's basement, uprooted the family (wife and 2 young children), and went back to school. After school I landed a nice job, but with the kids in school and starting a completely new career in a new state I did not have the money and space for the collection. My father got tired of storing the machines so I had to sell the collection, including my Dancing Dolls that I had owned at that point for over 25 years. It was sad to see them go, particularly since I had not been without a pinball machine since the age of 11.

Fast forward a few years and I was able to build a house with enough room for quite a few pins and vids. I started my collection over with my first DMD machine, Jurassic Park (that I have now had for 13 years). Going from EMs to DMDs was a learning curve, but I have enjoyed the new machines and have had a lot of fun building a new collection. It sucks to have to start over, but it does present opportunities to go in a different direction with the collection. I still miss my Dancing Dolls, but I will get another one some day and I found I like playing the DMDs better anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rviguet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-to-sell-my-entire-collection-and-start-over?tu=rviguet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.