4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Can you stay off pinside for 30 days?”

• NO, it made my life complete 46 votes
      23%
    • YES, pinball is a pleasant distraction but real life is so much more intriguing 86 votes
      42%
    • I don't have time to think of a good response because I need to check that thread I have been following... 72 votes
      35%

(204 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

kaboom-usa_(resized).jpg
    images_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    godfather_pull_me_back_in.gif
    man-knitting-shutterstock.jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from ff6735:

NO ONE LIKES A QUITTER!!!
    I'd also remind her you could be spending your time doing a lot worse. Hookers, Blow, Strip Clubs, Drinking all the time (not that that's a bad thing). It's something you enjoy.

Did this - it definitely had traction.

Quoted from sulakd:

start reading auto trader religiously. Copies in the bathroom, car, couch, bedroom. Buy a couple beaters to sit in the driveway. You'll work on them in the spring you tell her. Start growing out a mullet and chops. She won't last a week before begging you back onto pinside.

Did this - sort of - Got a couple of auto traders and announced that I would start restoring cars instead of modding pins. She wasn't too thrilled at the idea of an old firebird (the red dragon ala Old School - "took off the restrictor plate - it's not exactly street legal so keep it on the down-low")

So bet is off and I am back after 24 hrs. She is doesn't want my games to expand outside of my cave which tops me out at 8-9 games, but I can deal with that. In fact, it keeps me engaged as I am always looking for the next game to freshen up the collection. So celebrating my return to pinside by ordering a NIB Metallica Monsters Premium...

So what I figured out was that Pinside / Tilt Forum are a big part of the fun of this hobby to me.

Glad to be back.

#102 3 years ago

1 day! did you even make it 24hrs?

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

See you tomorrow.

Like I said...

#104 3 years ago

I did make it 24 hrs. Topic resolved/answered.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

I did make it 24 hrs. Topic resolved/answered.

Welcome back. We knew you'd never be able to do it, in spite of some fairly convincing arguments. No worries, and you negotiated a great compromise. Now back to pinball.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

So bet is off and I am back after 24 hrs.

Now aren't you glad we gave you a push to do the bet now rather than wait until January?

#107 3 years ago

Just like rupping off a band-aid...

#108 3 years ago

just embrace your addiction and call your wife out on hers... Bravo reality shows is my wife's... "but it doesn't cost 1000s of dollars." what is your reply?

#109 3 years ago

I find it not an addiction but a necessity to visit Pinside often, just to avoid missing out on various opportunities. Ask those who missed out on the CFTBL lit-taillight speaker panel mod, or the MikeD CFTBL hologram-replacement mod, or Herg's OCD board for Capcom, or one of the other terrific items that have been offered on Pinside but are currently out of stock or no longer available.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

So celebrating my return to pinside by ordering a NIB Metallica Monsters Premium...

Nice choice. Looks as though abstinence really works!

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I find it not an addiction but a necessity to visit Pinside often, just to avoid missing out on various opportunities. Ask those who missed out on the CFTBL lit-taillight speaker panel mod, or the MikeD CFTBL hologram-replacement mod, or Herg's OCD board for Capcom, or one of the other terrific items that have been offered on Pinside but are currently out of stock or no longer available.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

#112 3 years ago

Yeah, it's not an addiction if you can stop. Also it is not fair to expect someone to give it up, even briefly, just to prove it. Op says he's not addicted, so I believe him.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 64.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Lermods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside