(Topic ID: 102724)

I have performed necromancy! (Flying Carpet brought back from the dead)

By Collin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mikeincali
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140911_113906.jpg
20140911_113947.jpg
0906141558b.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I just brought this Flying Carpet back from the dead over the weekend! The game came from a place that apparently sells off items from estates locally. All I knew picking it up was that the score motor spins continuously. I've never suceessfully brought an EM back to life before, so buying this one was kind of a leap of faith. Luckily, it looked pretty clean, and most of the metal in the game looked like new.

Turns out, it had one burned up coil in the 1s score reel. Once I got that replaced, I started testing it out, and had a few other solenoids locking on and features not working due to dirty contacts. I managed to diagnose and fix all of the issues with this one!

Bonus: I finally "get" how to work on EMs, and was able to apply my knowledge from Flying Carpet to resolve a couple long-standing issues on my Top Score. 'Twas an awesome weekend.

0906141558b.jpg0906141558b.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Cool. It's nice to bring an old EM back from the dead and it's good fun working on old 'electronics' from days of old. I used to enjoy it a lot many moons ago.

#3 9 years ago

I thought with necromancy that sex was involved too?

#4 9 years ago

ems are great to fix... Most rewarding. Have fun now and congrats!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I thought with necromancy that sex was involved too?

Pretty sure that's Necrophelia. I can tell you all about that, but not in this thread.

#6 9 years ago

Oh, and a big thanks to CactusJack for talking me through one of the issues I was having on it; his description is what helped things "click" for me mentally and enabled me to get this game working!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Pretty sure that's Necrophelia.

Communicating with the dead can still have sex involved. At least that's the way it is here at my house . . . when she tells me to roll over and leave her alone.

#8 9 years ago

Flying Carpet is a great wedgehead from that era too. That angle shot to get up into the "boomerang" has to be just right. Congrats!

#10 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm enjoying it more than I expected to! Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive response, guys!

#11 9 years ago

Nice work Collin

#12 9 years ago

Bringing EMs back to life one switch at a time. Nice work

--Jeff

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Yeah, I'm enjoying it more than I expected to!

I always loved the artwork on the game especially the Backglass.

Have fun with it.

Ken

#14 9 years ago

great job! nothing like the sound of a em going into a reset complete state!
FC was my white whale for a long time, just found a minty one well worth the wait

20140911_113906.jpg20140911_113906.jpg 20140911_113947.jpg20140911_113947.jpg
#15 9 years ago

Boilerman - yours is beautiful! Looks like brand new!

#16 9 years ago

it even had the shipping block in the head! it is faded but that pink always fades

Quoted from Collin:

Boilerman - yours is beautiful! Looks like brand new!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it even had the shipping block in the head! it is faded but that pink always fades

+1 for a sweet looking EM. I wish mine was that nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-performed-necromancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.