Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

My buddy when helping me move my pinball machines from my old house to my new house broke one of my keys off into the coin door. Fortunately, we were able to get the piece of the key out but now I'm left with only one key. I was asking around but no one is certain on whether I can make a copy of the second key.

Any advice on what I could/should do? It's WOZRR so can't just replace the coin door. I know some of these questions are kind of noob but just never had this situation come up. Did a search on Pinside and Google and nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Egg

#2 6 years ago

Can't imagine why you need more than one, but if it bothers you just change out the lock. I have all locks that work with the same key so no need to find an individual key for a game.

#3 6 years ago

OR
    Unless RR has some special shiz I would take out the lock entirely, bend the door just a bit so it stays closed when you play.

#4 6 years ago

OR

A locksmith could make you another key for a couple bucks for when you break the next one.

#5 6 years ago

OR

sell the woz

#7 6 years ago

OR

You can just buy a new game to get the second key. Then throw out the spare game.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

You can just buy a new game to get the second key. Then throw out the spare game.

Please guys let's try to recycle more could we...lots of things on the 2nd machine don;t deserve to be in the landfill.

#10 6 years ago

OR

You could remove the whole lock and hold the coin door with a shim.

#11 6 years ago

You could take a close up picture and I will send you one.

#12 6 years ago

just buy a new lock they are like $3

#13 6 years ago

Any decent locksmith that isn't located on the inside of a walmart shouldn't have too much trouble duplicating a single or double bitted key.

As far as I was aware, they were standard sized locks anyway.

#14 6 years ago

Whats the 2nd key for? You only need one.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Whats the 2nd key for?

For when some knucklehead breaks or loses the other one.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For when some knucklehead breaks or loses the other one.

What if there is more than one knucklehead in my friendly circle?

#17 6 years ago

Do what I do. Don't waste a trip to the locksmith for just one key. Have him cut a few while you are there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-one-key-leftwhat-should-i-do?hl=joefox22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.