(Topic ID: 113487)

I have officially lost any and all respect for Stern as a company.

By erak

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.jpg
th-585.jpeg
images.jpeg
stern_2-966.gif
stern.gif
BufordT.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago

This is one reason why the Vault Editions are such a great option.
There is no risk on "what will be" and how long it will take to get there.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Advertising 8 songs on mustang and switching that up after they deliver the product would be one of many examples. Having a feature on a pkayfield that doesn't work would be another. That would be like having a cruise button on your car that was promised and does absolutely nothing

"Game subject to change"
Case dismissed.
Buyers don't have to be pleased, but I highly doubt any judge would side against Stern, especially if it was explained that this is the way they've been doing business for years and years.
Even if you had people show up with signs and get news coverage, I don't expect anyone would care.
The public is barely aware that pinball still exists. Can you imagine the general consensus if a bunch of protestors were on TV, complaining that their games were missing rules?
I agree that this is Sterns biggest issue but am chuckling at the thought of an actual news report.
It would be like an uprising of Klingons at a Comicon, because someone decided to change the official costume colours.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

flawed thinking. So if a company as been knowingly screwing it's clients over and have done so for years that it makes it all right. Kinda like the case of the bourbon company that started watering down their liquor because they couldn't meet demand.
And the point about the media outlet is to get the word out there aka rally non-pinball folks to your cause... What I mean about that is the new pinball ehtusiast that just purchased a game and not the fanatics on here. The more people you have in your corner the better.

I think that explaining to a non-pinball person (the judge) that the game works, but not the way you want it to, would be an uphill battle.
If you did somehow manage to get a news crew outside of Stern, interviewing protestors, it would probably be free publicity for pinball in general.
I think the best thing customers can do is to sell the Stern games.
So, how much do you want for your IronMan VE?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

speak for yourself, man. I've only bought one NIB game and it was IMVE. I was cool with the rules the way they were when delivered.

And there you have it folks.
Buy the VE pins if you can't wait for code.
As much as I want to dive in headfirst on new games, I don't have the patience or space to keep them until code is done. The best purchases I've ever made were ACDC Premium and Met Premium, after all the code was finished. (or in the current state anyway)
If you don't like the incomplete code and the waiting for updates aspect, you just have to bite your tongue and refrain from ordering on day one.

All this said, I'm not sure that anyone would argue that StarTrek is due for some sort of update or announcement, at least letting people know what's happening.

If would be great if Stern would post a chart showing what game is getting attention next, just so people aren't left completely in the dark. -Not that it'll happen.

3 weeks later
#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Reward them for their lack of customer care? Really?

Yeah, I guess you and I have a very different point of view on how this shakes out.
See, Stern is alone when it comes to making multiple titles each year. The very fact that they can do that is why I don't criticize their methods. If a single other company could produce anywhere near the numbers that they put out, I could understand some criticism.

The very simple, unchanging fact is that it takes longer to produce code than it does to put these things out. There are two ways to see this:
1) Stern needs to finish code before selling the pins
2) Buyers who can't weather the storm and wait it out, shouldn't buy immediately

Given that this has been the way things work for years, how is it that you can blame Stern for their "lack of customer care"? Shouldn't you be blaming buyers for their lack of foresight?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-officially-lost-any-and-all-respect-for-stern-as-a-company?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.