Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-04-12-10-14-11.png
    Exit now!.JPG
    image.jpg
    spaceball_schwartz.jpg
    CHECKMATE_GAMEOVER.jpg
    catfight-chess.jpg
    stars1.jpg
    MM-trolls-small.jpg
    buried in shit.jpg
    i_has_the_dumb_540.jpg
    castling gone wrong.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    Bridge-of-Death-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591681_800_441.jpg
    garbage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#64 10 years ago

I'll offer you some advice that I received over 10 years ago when I was new to a forum.....DON"T POKE THE BEAR! That goes double on a pinball forum. People here are VERY passionate about pinball and sometimes it doesn't take much to set us off. That said Welcome to Pinside.

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I disagree. 'Be True To Your School' is my favorite, although 'Little Honda' and 'Hushabye' are also favorites.
    I think there are many reasons your thread doesn't get the answers others might
    It seems like an operator centric question. How do I get people in my location, playing my games. Granted, it may not be *your* location, or *your* games, but I'm not a location pinball player or a route operator. I'm a tech. I fix and restore games. Sure, I play pinball, but the amount of time I spend playing is a fraction of what I spend wrenching.
    A lot of the threads here are kinda BS threads. I don't mean that's a bad thing, as obviously people posting in them enjoy them, but I ignore them and focus on the threads that interest me - tech threads. I don't care about the latest and greatest LED, most modern Stern games, don't want to read the whinefests about how this game or that has incomplete software, or what you plated or coated on your pinball machine this week. I find if I read those threads, I end up making snarky replies sometimes, so I ignore them.
    Stick around, participate a little bit, and be patient. Nobody is paid to be here, it's a voluntary forum. Participation is voluntary. Not every thread gets a reply right away, some not at all.
    If you don't like pinside, that's fine, but why waste your energy to start a thread like this? If the site is of no value to you, why complain about it? Just cut your losses and find some other forum to post on, or someone else to ask.
    I do hope you get some solid ideas on some things you can try, though.

Nicely said.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

I'm guessing people will be lining up to answer all sorts of questions now.
    By the way, I'm looking for a few games:
    Krull
    Attack from Mars
    Mermaid
    TKO
    Big Bang Bar
    I'll pay up to $1000 for a really nice example. Thanks.

I've got a really nice "example" I could sell you for $1000.

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Chess? I'd rather shove crayons up my ass.

I can't stop laughing.

#193 10 years ago
    Quoted from getbettersam:

One thing I do know ,it is fairly easy to rile you guys up.

Like I told you "Dont poke the bear". and Welcome, again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-noticed-newish-people-get-very-little-support-or-responses-to-questions?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.