Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-04-12-10-14-11.png
    Exit now!.JPG
    image.jpg
    spaceball_schwartz.jpg
    CHECKMATE_GAMEOVER.jpg
    catfight-chess.jpg
    stars1.jpg
    MM-trolls-small.jpg
    buried in shit.jpg
    i_has_the_dumb_540.jpg
    castling gone wrong.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    Bridge-of-Death-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591681_800_441.jpg
    garbage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#58 10 years ago

the op has probably already left the building but it's kind of funny/sad that his/her comparison is one that is apples to oranges

- in a chess forum, you're talking about 1 game title and 1 set of rules. like many have already stated, if they don't have the answer for your particular question (given that there are well over 300 different machines out there, each with their own particulars), it's not like any one person is going to have the answer for every question asked.

I'll try and help out if: 1) I happen to see the forum post (things can drop off the 1st page quickly, depending on the amount of traffic that the board is receiving at a given time) or 2) I own the machine or feel fairly confident that I have the answer/solution or can provide meaningful input to the topic

- also, given that this is in fact a "hobby", many of us don't sit by our computers 24/7 and browse the forum. I tend to check it out 2-3x a day during my breaks from work and [possibly] 1-2x during the weekend if I'm feeling bored (I've got plenty of things to keep me busy, including interests outside of pinball

- last, but not least you can always "bump" your own threads if you don't receive any answers [at all] or response(s) which doesn't answer your question. I would try to limit that to once a day, otherwise it can be seen as spamming the forum for no other reason than to self-promote yourself

stay awhile, and you'll find that there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here in the forum posts as well as by many of its members and overall a pretty good community. however, it may take awhile to become or feel accepted, but that's no different than life itself.

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

How do I create a castle with my King and Rook?

I'm not exactly sure, but this is what happens when it's done incorrectly

castling gone wrong.jpgcastling gone wrong.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-noticed-newish-people-get-very-little-support-or-responses-to-questions?tu=j_m_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.