Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2014-04-12-10-14-11.png
    Exit now!.JPG
    image.jpg
    spaceball_schwartz.jpg
    CHECKMATE_GAMEOVER.jpg
    catfight-chess.jpg
    stars1.jpg
    MM-trolls-small.jpg
    buried in shit.jpg
    i_has_the_dumb_540.jpg
    castling gone wrong.jpg
    image-3.jpg
    Bridge-of-Death-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591681_800_441.jpg
    garbage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider getbettersam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

I have noticed that new pinsiders get very few responses while the same question from a seasoned pinsider will get a much larger response rate.Is there a snob factor or feeling of superiority on this site .I am a master chess player and love the game.The chess people seem to be much more friendly the pinballers.It is surprising.

#8 10 years ago

I posted a question 1 hour ago and am the only thread that has gotten a single response.Every thread posted after me has gotten a response.This happens all the time.I have also noticed this from other newbies with questions.To me it not a very friendly community and I see nasty responses all the time.

#18 10 years ago

you are right chess and pinball are very different but what is your point?.Im saying that in chess forums questions are always answered and and the people are nicer.I look at threads and there is almost always fighting.Everyone is trying to defend themselves but fact my thread was the only one in the last hour not to be responded to.Maybe you would be better served to take the top 200 members and make this a private forum.

#25 10 years ago

Im sorry I take it all back.You guys are right

#28 10 years ago

The master bater line was great.I thought it was funny the first time I heard it when I was 10 years old and I still get a kick out of it.

#34 10 years ago

im done but keep responding if you feel you have to defend yourself.

#41 10 years ago

Lastly master was not my rank but the organization I belong to .But thanks for your input.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I answer a lot of questions here. How new a person might be is not relevant. How clearly and detailed the question is worded is. There does seem to be a direct correlation between being new and being unable to properly word a question. For example, "My game doesn't work, halp??" doesn't even warrant a response. If I have to ask 10 follow up question just to understand the problem, I'm out. People that want answers should spend some time and effort properly asking questions.

Hey idiot in your own words "doesn't even warrant a response. If I have to ask 10 follow up question just to understand the problem" It should have been questions not question. How ironic.If you would like to find out what ironic means call me.

Post edited by blondetall : Ban warning issued. No personal attacks please.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from getbettersam:

Hey idiot in your own words "doesn't even warrant a response. If I have to ask 10 follow up question just to understand the problem" It should have been questions not question. How ironic.If you would like to find out what ironic means call me.

And maybe you should further your education.

#151 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

He's back...and banned in 3.....2......1......

Its me, come on see you at J-Towne Tavern

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

He's back...and banned in 3.....2......1......

Its me, come on see you at J-Towne Tavern

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Hey!!!! He's back for another witty retort!!!

Rent the dvd court jesters all about paintball

#158 10 years ago

After a restless night and a full day to think things over I have come to the conclusion that you people are better and much more friendly then the chess people, so I take it all back.Please move on and try to help other newbies.

#159 10 years ago

One thing I do know ,it is fairly easy to rile you guys up.

#172 10 years ago

like I said, I take it all back. Im talking to my chess friends now so ill see you later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider getbettersam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-noticed-newish-people-get-very-little-support-or-responses-to-questions?tu=getbettersam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.