(Topic ID: 69055)

I Have Done It! White Water 5x Multiball!!

By Crash

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpg
146123.jpg
image-58.jpg
#1 10 years ago

This morning it seems like the moons aligned. Once I had 3 locks lit I probably tried 3 or 4 times to shoot the Boulder Garden orbit to light 5x playfield. Once that was done I aimed for No Way Out and missed, and the ball ended up back in the Boulder Garden. I was like, "NOOOO!" but it didn't hit any of the bumpers.

And so it began: "WHIIITE WATERRRR!!!" Jackpot shot 1, 2, 3! YES, I was rocking 5x triple jackpots!! I think I got one or two after those and ended up with 415(?) million just after that (my record is just over 500). Man you talk about nervous! I then proceeded to start Bigfoot Hot Foot and raid his cave FIVE times! Got to Camera Craze as well. When that was over THEN I happened to start Boulder Bash and scored probably 20 something hits there. After that I started Whirlpool Challenge and thought, "This will be easy." Pop, flip, CRAP!!! Missed, drain, oh well so much for that. At this point I'm sitting at about 480 million.

As soon as I realized this was going to be a good game seems like I was racking up points left and right. I was in the zone! And although I didn't beat my high score, I'm more than happy to have been lucky enough to start 5x multiball AND play it to my maximum advantage. Not sure I'll be doing that again in a long time...

Now to beat the GC score of 1 billion plus!

image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Awesome, when I had mine I never got the 5x. what all games do you have now?

#3 10 years ago

Congrats. The KEY is to get your river class way up and then get the 5x jackpots going. That's when you look up and go "damn, I just scored 800,000 points."

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Congrats. The KEY is to get your river class way up and then get the 5x jackpots going. That's when you look up and go "damn, I just scored 800,000 points."

Yeah max out your multipliers, good thinking. I don't own any pins.

#5 10 years ago

Gotta love the adrenaline of a great game. Congrats Crash

#6 10 years ago

I love when that happens

#7 10 years ago

5x Multiball on White Water is the best. I remember the first time I did it, great game White Water!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

"damn, I just scored 800,000 points."

No, that would be MY typical game. I think you mean 800,000,000.

#9 10 years ago

One thing that helps for me is to get a few modes out of the way, so when you do try to rotate targets it has fewer to choose from.

#10 10 years ago

That playfield mutiplier is what makes Whitwater such an excellent strategy game!! Now try for 5x VJ!! That's a challenge to set up for sure!! But an equally sized dissapointment if you do it, because you don't get 5 x 200M!! Never understood why the design team decided to take this out, was very very pissed when I saw I didn't get the billion I thought I deserved for pulling it off!! The game would be even better if it didn't rob you of 5x VJ!!

Yes, get the boulder garden modes out of the way... if 5x is lit, don't collect it, simply shoot the left loop and hope the ball pops out with another mode lit...

#11 10 years ago

I don't believe the game really awards you the true value of a 3x Jackpot with 5x playfield running. I think it maxes out at a lower number. I remember destroying with the 3x and 5x running and then keeping it going on 3x for awhile after the 5x ended. I ended up with 2.2 billion on that game even without a Vacation Jackpot, but had it awarded me the true value, it would have been way more.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't believe the game really awards you the true value of a 3x Jackpot with 5x playfield running. I think it maxes out at a lower number. I remember destroying with the 3x and 5x running and then keeping it going on 3x for awhile after the 5x ended. I ended up with 2.2 billion on that game even without a Vacation Jackpot, but had it awarded me the true value, it would have been way more.

Going from memory, only the first ball is 5x the jackpot (thus the scream), and then the rest are standard jackpot, but double/triple.

#13 10 years ago

Cool and congrats, pretty much the only thing you didn't claim in that game was the Vacation Jackpot. I've done the 5x triples, and the Vacation Jackpot, but never in the same game. I guess if I ever do, I'll have to sell the machine

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

I've done the 5x triples, and the Vacation Jackpot,

And how many points did you get when you got 5x Vacation Jackpot?

#15 10 years ago

Well done sir. I've only played it a few times but I'd like to get one soon. It's a great game.

#16 10 years ago

Great to get that rush going !!! Congrats, and you even did it with a credit-dot, imagine what the score might have been when the broken switch (?) would have registered well

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Going from memory, only the first ball is 5x the jackpot (thus the scream), and then the rest are standard jackpot, but double/triple.

I tried it last night and got 2 or 3 jackpots of about 130M, so I think it does give you multiple. Maybe it varies by ROM version?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Great to get that rush going !!! Congrats, and you even did it with a credit-dot, imagine what the score might have been when the broken switch (?) would have registered well

That's actually the switch for Disaster Drop enter. The shot always registers fine and doesn't seem to register when it shouldn't. Not sure what's happening with that. In other words the game doesn't randomly score points or anything because of it so it's fair game.

#19 10 years ago

I was just pulling your leg

And i have the same dot, with me it also registers the loops fine, i think that ramp has two switch, so thats why i too have only the dot, but scores and plays fine

To get to those optos .....pfff

#20 10 years ago

Is there a dirty opto involved with that?

#21 10 years ago

Could be, at start-up it gives that teriible DOT-BONG, and never clear on it's own, to get at those optos some serious dismantling is involved. But it irritates me, so have to dive in eventualy

#22 10 years ago

Yeah this machine needs a shop out too. This fell out the other day:

146123.jpg146123.jpg
#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Gotta love the adrenaline of a great game. Congrats Crash

Vacation Jackpot = Total rush.

(Try it you will like it)

#24 10 years ago

Got the vacation jackpot tonight for the first time myself for a second I thought my machine's power went off since it blacks out for a few seconds...

Also, when I have 5x playfield scoring going and I get the triple jackpot it doesn't give me 5x 3 jackpots, it just gives 5x single jackpot. So not as rewarding as you may think... I usually just go for as many rafts as possible and then as much triple jackpots as possible. I managed to get 680,000,000 points in one multiball that way.

#25 10 years ago

For me it's all about the scream, that's rewarding enough. They did that to balence the scoring out. If it awarded the actual 5x triples that would make the game lopsided (or as some would say more lopsided than it is).

Quoted from dezaanster:

So not as rewarding as you may think...

#26 10 years ago

I hit all 3 balls through the jackpot and they each gave me 130 million tonight. Ended up with 904 million. As soon as it said "Welcome to Wet Willie's" the ball must have been synced up with the callout to go SDTM..... Game Over

#27 10 years ago

That rubber has more craters than the moon, wait, is that the moon?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

That rubber has more craters than the moon, wait, is that the moon?

download.jpgdownload.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-done-it-white-water-5x-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.