(Topic ID: 87037)

I have been Helen-ized, and Electrocuted by AC/DC Current!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dwight.jpg
AC-DC2.jpg
AC-DC.jpg
#1 10 years ago

How many years has it been since AC/DC Came out? I had only a few games played, often in a crowded room, where I couldnt hear the sounds, and i am no fan of the band AC/DC, so I avoided the game, the first year out.
I watched the posts, saw the MODs, heard and read the glowing reviews, and said..."Not for me"

Last year, I played a few more games at a house party, and yet still I was unimpressed. Why all the love?
There must be more fans of the band then I realized.... Still a Pass, X-men came in, WOZ came in...I am doing fine, let others enjoy this one....

Then, about 2 months ago, I had the opportunity to play it again, for the first time, with no other game on, and a coach.
Ill admit, I only heard 10% of what my friend was saying, which was like every sentence..."shoot here...."
I am listening to the tunes, cool, not my choice in the car, but cool, and well integrated.
By game 3, it all came together, every aspect of the game started to gel, and I was hooked....an Amazing integration, of lights, sound, rules, and game play....Can the Bell ringing get much cooler then in does in Multi ball?
The Music cuts right through your bones, and I am on the playfield with the ball, rather then watching it do its
thing...I experience what I would call, "Lost in the zone" "Pinball Heaven", and an an electrocution of my senses
while playing....Holy Shit! What a ride! I am hooked.

So, on Saturday night, riding home from Curlys Party, with my thanks to Jason, Adam, Jeff, and Randy,
a Premium with 750 plays on gets moved across the state, with the generosity of these friends and into my house....
I get to play those 2 AM games, when everyone is sleeping, I get to hook up the subwoofer, and crank it up to play, when the family, especially my wife, isnt home...

Its intense.. Its more intense, because of the music. It sits in a good place with TZ and Xmen, as sucking you in,
challenging you at every step, taunting you when you fail..."Play Better!" I shoot a finger at the game!
I am still not 100% sure of the rules....Do I get a free album, if I get it in the hole BEHIND the Bell?
Will a 25 year Blonde Groupie come out.,if I beat the game and fulfill my fantasies?
I dont know, but the ride is different them any other experience I have had in 41 years of playing....
Cranking the Music up, completes the psychosis. Watching the light show, change with each song, phenomenal!
I am hooked, reeled in, and filleted!

The translite had to go, Thank you, my friend Aurich, for the masterpiece you created...
The game needs a few things left... a Cannon from Steve....Ill have to catch him after we have a few drinks...
Of course, just a few Bulb Changes....

I am now officially, a Helen-ized, Electrified AC/DC Fan.....Late to the Party, but ready to start Rocking all over again!

Thank you, to all my friends for the help, Jason for the insane great Price, and all the prodding from others, that I would like this game, while I was thinking, "Green Eggs and Ham"...try it, you will like it....
I did, and now I am addicted and fried!

Thanks for reading my Journey.

( I wanted to share this neat AC/DC guitar Lighter I found)

AC-DC.jpgAC-DC.jpg AC-DC2.jpgAC-DC2.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Awesome ! Welcome to what I have been enjoying for almost two years. No game has the staying power of AC/DC.

There are two LE Back in blacks in my neighborhood and have 10,000 plays between the two.

#3 10 years ago

I think I'm still at the point you were two months ago. It still hasn't quite clicked. I have a good time playing it, but I have yet to figure out what I'm really supposed to be doing. My personality doesn't fit with blindly hitting flashing stuff, so I always end up leaving the game feeling somewhat empty. I'm convinced that it's me, not the game, though.

I had the same experience with LOTR, and it didn't click until I took the plunge and bought one.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

There are two LE Back in blacks in my neighborhood and have 10,000 plays between the two.

That basically makes them routed! Wow!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That basically makes them routed! Wow!

Routed isn't how many plays it has, it's if it's been in a public area for profit. Just like HUO isn't based upon how long you have had it in your home, it's based upon the entire life of the machine.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Routed isn't how many plays it has, it's if it's been in a public area for profit. Just like HUO isn't based upon how long you have had it in your home, it's based upon the entire life of the machine.

Good point, Dwight!

dwight.jpgdwight.jpg

#7 10 years ago

Well said, OP.

IMO, what puts AC/DC in a class all its own in the amazing energy of the entire experience: the music(needs to be LOUD), the lights, the sounds, the crowd cheering you on, the speed, and the ever increasing size and momentum of the song jackpot during a good ball- like some sort of rock-n-roll snowball.

Of course the amazingly unique rule set pushes it beyond "11".

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Oh, I agree, HUO or routed is a term of history not a term of condition. That said, it is used here as if it was a term of condition and with that many plays those machines have seen some heavy use. I'm sure they are well maintained though.

#9 10 years ago

The point is the game is worth playing that many games ! The games have never had a quarter dropped in them or removed from the original locations in the homes. The games have 5K each and are considered HUO with sales receipt proving it.

No other game in my collection has seen that kind of plays .. I have taken apart many W/B games that have over 100,000 games on them ..

#10 10 years ago

Great read. Congrats to you OPG. I'm glad you're enjoying that awesome machine.

Cheers to hoping you have many years of AC/DC fun ahead of ya. .

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

IMO, what puts AC/DC in a class all its own in the amazing energy of the entire experience: the music(needs to be LOUD), the lights, the sounds, the crowd cheering you on, the speed, and the ever increasing size and momentum of the song jackpot during a good ball- like some sort of rock-n-roll snowball.

Of course the amazingly unique rule set pushes it beyond "11".

I think you summed it up very well.....It pushes all the buttons...it succeeds like a Roller Coaster.
I cant think of a 2 flipper game that achieves so much! (although, I am always pressing the right flipper, thinking there is one by the ramp!)

Thank you for the support...It feels like I need an Intervention.....Its addicting in a different way then WOZ, which entertains me with goals in a visual way....this is more an "Experience".

So, how do I get the Ball in the Hole behind the Bell, and do I get something Amazing for doing so?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

So, how do I get the Ball in the Hole behind the Bell, and do I get something Amazing for doing so?

Nothing,unless you are playing Hells Bells ,then it will take you to hell.. The bell shot to the saucers is a difficult shot but achievable with practice and luck . I only play Hells bells because of the huge risk/reward of the song mode.

#14 10 years ago

Darn! I thought I would get that fantasy girl on the backglass!

#15 10 years ago

Welcome to the ACDC insanity. Its an thrill ride for sure, I've had mine for a couple of months now and still have fun just trying to get past the first 30 seconds of each song. The only song I've been able to loop so far is Highway to Hell.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

( I wanted to share this neat AC/DC guitar Lighter I found)

Any pics of how you mounted the guitar?

#17 10 years ago

This may sound like sacrilege, but can you mod it to play your own music rather than AC/DC's? It's my total, visceral hatred of Angus & Co's music that keep me from appreciating what really seems otherwise to be a very intriguing game. I woudn't mind the callouts and the visuals so much if I had, say, songs by The Carpenters, Pat Boone, KC and the Sunshine Band and The Partridge Family playing instead.

#18 10 years ago

An L bracket from the hardware store...$.15, a glue gun to the back of the guitar and the closest, real long screw...
10 minutes...I found the guitar for a few dollars...it has a nice LED display on the neck, just a bit busy, but I would hope
to figure out how to step 6.3V down to 3V and attach them to an insert...

I am not seeing any just like this on Ebay, but they were certainly mass produced in the last few years, as it had a mini RFID Tag,,,

Perhaps someone else has found a box of them, or supplier...lit up, it is an exceptional MOD!

Art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-been-helen-ized-and-electrocuted-by-acdc-current and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.