Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by popeboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popeboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

cheaper games are still allot of fun. i would love a Space Shuttle, black hole, firepower, ect. there are quite a few games that can be had under 2 grand. my wife wants a Bride of Pinbot another great game under 2 grand. i really cannot afford to spend 5 grand on a single pin, i dont spend that much on a car, lol.

I can't afford to spend $5,000 on a pin either, but I'm sure I will eventually. You have to look at it like a savings account since these machines don't really lose value.
I started with one for $200. Then I bought one for $325. Then I sold some stuff on Ebay and saved some more and bought my Space Shuttle for closer to $1,000.
Then I realized I liked the newer games better, so.... I sold the 2 cheaper ones for a small profit, added a little cash to that and bought my second game for close to $1,000 (that one was High Speed, you will love it, ton of fun).
Now I'm in the process of saving up for a third game in that price range.

So once I have $3,000 in pins... it doesn't seem crazy that I would eventually sell them all at some point to buy one in the $3,000 range. Then you start saving up again and the process starts all over. I think even if you can't afford to just buy in to the "high end" machines immediately, we'll all get there eventually if we stay in the hobby long enough. I'm assuming this is the arc a lot of people have followed.

Take away from this is definitely get the High Speed, great game!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

.... but what about when something has to be repaired? you dont really get the money out of the repairs as well do you? what about really, really high priced pins? are they eventually going to tank in value? can Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon, and midevel madness really stay at their current price points forever? i do think there are a ton of entertaining solid state machines for less then 2 grand.

True, but you can figure your repair costs in to the money you are saving by owning the game instead of paying each time you want to play it

Quoted from Craig:

You really should not assume that you won't lose some money if you sell a pin. Prices fluctuate, and you definitely cannot expect that the cost of repairs and mods will be covered in a sale.

Absolutely, I wouldn't consider pins to be an investment strategy, just that they tend to lose less value than other collectibles (especially since you constantly use them). Unless you have the disposable income I can't ever see spending 10k on one of the really elite, highly sought after machines. Just saying that you can ease your way into a higher price point in this hobby than you would ever imagine being able to attain in the beginning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popeboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-sickness-need-help?tu=popeboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.