• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150628_150321.jpg
IMG_20150628_150250.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a Bally Truck stop,and whilst doing some work under the PF I checked out my upper pair of Bally flippers to find that one has a yellow capacitor with a lead missing on one end and it's as if it was cut off and left that way intentionally, the other side still has one completely intact with both leads. I also noticed that the coil with said missing cap is a replacement. Does that coil not require that capacitor? I bought the machine this way from the previous owner. Also, What are the capacitors for? This is my first experience with them.

Thanks!!

IMG_20150628_150250.jpgIMG_20150628_150250.jpg

IMG_20150628_150321.jpgIMG_20150628_150321.jpg

#2 8 years ago

They reduce the sparks on the eos switch.
You can see the difference if you push the flipper button and watch the eos with and without the cap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-question-about-one-of-my-coils and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.